SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Jul 29, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #691 of 1,093
After spending a few hours reading this whole thread I found the answer to 2 of my questions but not the third one. I only listen using 'shuffle' and would prefer to have a gap between songs (maybe I'm odd that way, idk) but I can't find a setting on the player to set it that way. Is there one, and if so, where? Thanks.  Oh yeah, Clip+ w/rockbox.

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #693 of 1,093
Quick question.  Just tried to install rockbox on my clip plus.  Installed fine and got up to where to choose the font for the menu (went for classic).  Installs that but then boots into original firmware.  What's the next step?

Cheers.

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #697 of 1,093

Quote:
I seem to be having problems with Rockbox.. The "database" is very dodgy and wont update properly at all.. Anyone know what the problem is?

Don't set it to automatically update the DB upon content swaps. When you change content on the player, initialize the database then. Once it finishes, it should be fine.

Aug 6, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #700 of 1,093

Would the sound quality on the Sansa Clip+ be a drastic improvement over my Motorola Defy handphone or my PSP?

Can the sound quality on the Sansa Clip+ surpass the sound quality on my laptop (onboard audio)?

Very interested in this.

If the amp/DAC in the Sansa Clip+ is much better than a conventional external

amp/dac, then I'm going to go for this.

Currently considering the PA2V2, Xonar U3 and Sansa Clip+

Aug 6, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #702 of 1,093

Quote:
Same, Lately I've had to look for the new stuff by files and not database. 

I'm not having this issue, and i use mine every day... do you have the latest build?
if so you may want to just reinstall it

also if you post exactly which database update options you are using that would help.

over time i found that turning the automatic update function on was the easiest way to ensure a constantly updated database. this way I never have to touch it.

also something i noticed over time is that sometimes i thought it was not updating the database correctly, when actually it was, but it was filing some of my albums under "untagged" and so they wouldnt show up .. maybe this is your issue.. if so you just need to fix the tags.

i know it sounds silly, but for me, since i own an ipod, and use it often also, i use a program called itunes sync.. it allows you to create playlists in itunes and then simply load those playlists onto your clip+   it makes loading it WAAAAAAAAAY easier than drag and drop b/c you can tell exactly how close to full your internal, and card capacity is, and also you can let it automate the transfer process.  

hope this helps

oh and one more thing to note.. if you have a large micro sd , say 32gb, and you change lots of music.. it can take quite a while for the database to finish updating..  you will know its still going b/c you will see that little "reading card" icon on the upper right corner - assuming the layout you use shows that icon - maybe they all do, i dunno.

Aug 7, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #704 of 1,093

Quote:

Would the sound quality on the Sansa Clip+ be a drastic improvement over my Motorola Defy handphone or my PSP?

Can the sound quality on the Sansa Clip+ surpass the sound quality on my laptop (onboard audio)?

Very interested in this.

If the amp/DAC in the Sansa Clip+ is much better than a conventional external

amp/dac, then I'm going to go for this.

Currently considering the PA2V2, Xonar U3 and Sansa Clip+

never tried the motorola. but will for sure be an upgrade for the PSP.
Clip is about portability, cant compare with a laptop.

dac amp inside the 40$ clip better than a conventional external at what price?

Quote:
Psh. No one replied,

maybe try morespecific questions.

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #705 of 1,093
I need help!
I know i asked before but seriously, i want rockbox back..
What happens is, when I update it, after loading new files i go to artists and it just loads the artists name a fair amount of time, it wont update properly, any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back