SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Dec 29, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #556 of 1,093

Quote:
I just purchased a Clip+ 4gb the other day, from SelloutWoot, because of this site.  I already have a 8gb sdhc card and will be using it with my Grado SR60.  I will also be RBing it, looks like it will be here next week.

James

Enjoy it! I use my Rockboxed Clip+'s with my Grado SR60i's almost every day....a great combination.

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #557 of 1,093

Quote:
Quote:
I just purchased a Clip+ 4gb the other day, from SelloutWoot, because of this site.  I already have a 8gb sdhc card and will be using it with my Grado SR60.  I will also be RBing it, looks like it will be here next week.

James

Enjoy it! I use my Rockboxed Clip+'s with my Grado SR60i's almost every day....a great combination.

Thanks, I was hoping it would be a good combo, I'm going to use it for work.

Now I just have to get a home setup going, decisions, decisions......

James

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #558 of 1,093
Hi All,

In reference to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/528329/clip-dc-offset

I am concerned about continuing to use rockbox with my Sennheiser IE-8's (Hoping I'am being overly paranoid).

Has anyone here experienced any damage to their IEM's using rockbox with the Clip+?

porthillsbomber doesn't seem to think it will be a problem, but I just wanted to check nobody has had any bad experiences!

Cheers,
Ogham

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #559 of 1,093
My Rockboxed Clip+ hangs often, the screen looks normal but no sound comes out and no amount of button pressing does anything. I hold the power button for 30 seconds and it shuts down. If I am lucky, it starts again, but not always. I have hit pause a few times and it fades out nicely. I think if you enable crossfading you might find this problem goes away. It has not happened to me once.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #560 of 1,093
Remove Rockbox and reinstall it via the Rockbox Utility. See if it's just a glitch - since I experience no issues whatsoever.

Quote:
My Rockboxed Clip+ hangs often, the screen looks normal but no sound comes out and no amount of button pressing does anything. I hold the power button for 30 seconds and it shuts down. If I am lucky, it starts again, but not always. I have hit pause a few times and it fades out nicely. I think if you enable crossfading you might find this problem goes away. It has not happened to me once.

Jan 2, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #561 of 1,093
I have not had any similar problems myself, it is damage to IEM's that I am mainly concerned about - but porthillsbomber has pretty much convinced me that the DC voltage during pause is not going to cause any damage.

I am yet to have a play with the crossfading, I'll give it a go tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

It does sound like you have some sort of software based issue there.  I would check the file-system integrity, and if you are not already running the stable release (3.7.1) I would upgrade (or if already used re-install). If you then still have a problem I would consider backing-up your files and using the Format feature of the Original Firmware to start from scratch.

Quote:

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #562 of 1,093
I have a few problems
1. I created a folder "Enya" and copied a few folders of FLAC/APE files into this folder. This "Enya" folder is shown as "Enya" when i connect to my PC. But in the player, both OF and RB, it is ALWAYS shown as "New Folder". No amount of database update ever change this. I've even removed the folder and recreated it.
2. I plays some songs, then shut it down. Start it up again and "Resume" playback. It shows "Codec failure". Shut down and restart again, choose the same song, and it plays flawlessly.

I think it might be easier for me to restore it to original state, i.e. sort of "format" it. I've tried the RB Utility, but it prompt me to "Try a normal firmware update to remove the bootloader". How do i do that?

Edit : found out how to format it using OF, then reinstalled RB to the latest version. Created another folder name "Enya". Copied some FLAC/APE into it. Restart my unit into OF or RB. Both showing me "New Folder". Clip+ hate Enya or what? 
frown.gif

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #563 of 1,093
I am glad this thing is Rockboxable. Otherwise I would not have bought it due to the playback and pitch issues. I have had mine for a few days and have been using it to drive my Pro 900s (currently awaiting my PA2V2 in the mail). It is a neat little device. I just have the 4GB due to a lack of finances though.

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #564 of 1,093

Quote:
I have a few problems
1. I created a folder "Enya" and copied a few folders of FLAC/APE files into this folder. This "Enya" folder is shown as "Enya" when i connect to my PC. But in the player, both OF and RB, it is ALWAYS shown as "New Folder". No amount of database update ever change this. I've even removed the folder and recreated it.
2. I plays some songs, then shut it down. Start it up again and "Resume" playback. It shows "Codec failure". Shut down and restart again, choose the same song, and it plays flawlessly.

I think it might be easier for me to restore it to original state, i.e. sort of "format" it. I've tried the RB Utility, but it prompt me to "Try a normal firmware update to remove the bootloader". How do i do that?

Edit : found out how to format it using OF, then reinstalled RB to the latest version. Created another folder name "Enya". Copied some FLAC/APE into it. Restart my unit into OF or RB. Both showing me "New Folder". Clip+ hate Enya or what? 
frown.gif

Don't create a folder directly on the Clip+ itself, create the folder on the pc first, then copy it over.  See if that works.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #565 of 1,093
What theme are you using?  Whats the best for such a small screen? I have the old clip not the plus.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #566 of 1,093

Quote:
Quote:
I have a few problems

frown.gif

Don't create a folder directly on the Clip+ itself, create the folder on the pc first, then copy it over.  See if that works.

Thanks dude!!! that really works!!! Now i can see Enya folder in my Clip+
The Codec failure issue is gone at the mean time after i format it.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #569 of 1,093
love rockbox more every day
just got some sennheiser OMX 980's and they sound phenomenal with it.  These are the same as the MX 980 - earbud style, but they have hooks on them.

does anyone else use the mx980? if so have you tried them amped..   i am considering a very small amp and would love to know if it makes a difference, and what amp is recommended.
part of me feels like i need something like a rsa shadow, but boy thats a lot to spend and it may not be necessary.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #570 of 1,093

Quote:
If only I could RB my classic 7G,...ah - heaven!!! 

looks like heaven may be approaching
wink_face.gif

1. 2010-11-22 - We now have emBIOS support for the iPod classic 1g, the others might follow soon
  2. 2011-01-04 - There is an early Rockbox port for the iPod Classic! It still isn't quite usable, playback stutters etc., but if you want to play around with it, here are some quick'n'dirty notes on the installation procedure: IPod Classic iLoader Installation

http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/Main_Page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back