SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Dec 16, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #526 of 1,093
Dec 16, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #527 of 1,093
While the Clip is excellent I feel that it does not go well with some headphones. For example, the SE530 sounds rubbish out of the Clip while the TF10 sounds excellent.

Time for me to retire the clip, moving onto the HiFIMan HM-601.

Dec 16, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #528 of 1,093

Quote:
Quote:
Just got my Clip+ 8 GB and was thinking about rockboxing it. Could rockboxing it mess up my Clip+ in any way? Will I be able to switch back to Sansa's default setup if I don't like rockbox?

Not likely but it could damage your headphones...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/528329/clip-dc-offset#post_7127751

Just found this thread, I should of posted it here. I would be interested I any of you fellow clip+ owners could do the same test.

Why would that damage your headphones?

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #529 of 1,093
Loaded my tunes on the clip+, and on my 32gb microSD card - and WOW!!! I can't use my iPod classic now,...it's crap compared to this!! And all those who say there's no "night & day" difference between a Rockboxed clip+ and most other players are crazy!!! My HP's are singing, even my HFI-780's are sounding so SWEET!!! And the volume is damn LOUD!!! I love it,...WooT!!!

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #530 of 1,093
I use a rockboxed Clip+ at the gym with Klipsch S4 iems and it's perfect. Maybe the best bass setup I have (and I'm a typical head-fi addict with gobs of phones) The rockbox lets me play Apple Lossless which is a huge convenience given my library. The only downside is I am farsighted and the rockbox interface has tiny tiny tiny type compared to the stock Sansa interface. I have several iPods and the Clip really does beat them all on sound quality.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #532 of 1,093

Quote:
If only I could RB my classic 7G,...ah - heaven!!! 

I have one of those and a 64GB Touch on my Amazon.com wishlist, but I'm not sure if anyone will take the plunge.....the economy does suck, after all.
wink_face.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #535 of 1,093
Dec 19, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #536 of 1,093
Yeah me neither normally, if you get the chance can you turn it on and see. I seem to get it when I pause in loud parts of music.

Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone else hear a little squeak when they pause and unpause with fade to pause turned on?

I don't use the fade to pause....sorry!

Edit: And in relation to damaging your headphones I don't think it's very likely unless the DC resistance of your headphones is very low.

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #537 of 1,093

Just tried it, and I don't hear a squeak.
Quote:
Yeah me neither normally, if you get the chance can you turn it on and see. I seem to get it when I pause in loud parts of music.

Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone else hear a little squeak when they pause and unpause with fade to pause turned on?

I don't use the fade to pause....sorry!

Edit: And in relation to damaging your headphones I don't think it's very likely unless the DC resistance of your headphones is very low.

Dec 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #539 of 1,093

Quote:
hi i was wondering if i used the sansa clip+ with an amp.should i leave the volume at 0db or +6db to get a "line out"? 

I would say 0db....but what 'phones are you using, do you really need an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back