SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Dec 26, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #541 of 1,093

Quote:
I'm using the livewires. I know many people said they don't need an amp but to my ears the they sound fuller and more authoritative to my ears with an amp.

Ah yes, I know exactly what you mean.

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #542 of 1,093

Quote:
I'm using the livewires. I know many people said they don't need an amp but to my ears the they sound fuller and more authoritative to my ears with an amp.
and thank you for the prompt reply
regular_smile .gif

Nearly every earphone sounds better with an amp. But what matters is the degree to which they improve, and whether said improvement justifies the hassle of lugging around an amp. Audiophiles like to wax poetic about the night and day differences amping provides, but it's usually something much more subtle...and for many (especially those in loud environments) the improvements really aren't worth it. But as always, YYMV.

Edit: with amps like the arrow you at least have something small and slim, but looking at the RSA stuff...well, I think I'll just take the arrow.
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #543 of 1,093
heh i agree.but i only use the amp at home, i think lugging around one defeats the "portable" factor.and i agree that all the hassle just isn't worth it. but the arrow and rsa stuff are really nice!

Dec 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #545 of 1,093
Just got my Clip+ and all i can say

WOW this thing is SMALL.But really SMALL.
eek.gif

Amazing.....Now on with RBing it and adding some tunes....

Dec 28, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #546 of 1,093
Clip+ and ROCKbox are kick ass. I love this set up.

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #547 of 1,093
Can i ask a silly , noobie question ?

If i RB my clip+ , do i have to put all the mp3 files again on the clip+ or they stay intact and all is well ?

I don't want to pass my files only to have them to do it again after i RB my clip

Thanx !!!

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #548 of 1,093
When I rockboxed my clip I didn't have to do anything with the music, it was useful as is. Hope this helps.

Dec 28, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #549 of 1,093
I think it does - ok once i am done passing the 320k mp3s , i will Rb it

Thanx for the heads up 
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
When I rockboxed my clip I didn't have to do anything with the music, it was useful as is. Hope this helps.

Dec 29, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #552 of 1,093
Thanx for the great headsup man , i was looking a way to lock it and this is the way - thanx
wink_face.gif

Just RB'ed my clip+ , i think the sound is better but could be a sonic illusion - still i like the firmware much better than the original

And i have to say it again - this is unbelievably tiny
eek.gif
makes me wanna start going to the gym again...

I haven't tested my 262 yet , but it drives more than sufficiently my 252 - besides this is too small a dap to use an arrow with - or so i think.

One noobie question - if i want to load new music  i have to return to the original firmware and do the usual drag and drop procedure thru the original USB settings , right ?

Quote:
You can lock by pressing the center button and the home button simultaneously, but AFAIK this only works when you're in the while playing screen. (I could be wrong ;] )

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #554 of 1,093
Τhanx man !!!

Quote:
Drag and drop as usual. When you're done, turn the clip+ off and turn back on to get the Rockbox firmware back.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #555 of 1,093
I just purchased a Clip+ 4gb the other day, from SelloutWoot, because of this site.  I already have a 8gb sdhc card and will be using it with my Grado SR60.  I will also be RBing it, looks like it will be here next week.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back