SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Jan 3, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #1,067 of 1,093
  My wife bought my black 8GB sansa clip years ago mainly because it was small and had good capacity and expandability. She nor I had any idea of the amazing sound it produced and I also didn't have any headphones to properly use such a device so it eventually went into a box full of old cell phones and other dead devices. Until I discovered head-fi after buying a set of Koss portapro headphones and being blown away! I now have too many headphones to count, my clip has been Rockboxed for years and stays in constant rotation. I really cant give much of an impression of Rockbox because Ive been using it so long I dint remember how it compares to the original firmware but I know I like the layout and its ease of use. I find myself picking up my clip more and more.

I do have one problem though however. I've snapped the clip off my clip! now its just a sansa 
frown.gif
 dose anyone have any ideas on attaching a new clip or possibly a small hook?
I'm stumped...

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #1,069 of 1,093
Think mine bit the dust. When charged gave me about 15hrs. It started to freeze on Saturday. Yesterday it would not turn on. Did the 30 second reset nothing. Anything else I can do? Only had it for 3-4 years with no problems. Was not used everyday either. Except for BI with earphones.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #1,071 of 1,093
Does it power up at all?

It did when I plugged it I the PC I tried to transfer my files and it stopped. Power it on again and said error on rockbox. Tried to power it up last night nothing. I plugged it in the charger and left it there. Tried to turn on with reset again this morning it would not turn on.

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #1,072 of 1,093
It did when I plugged it I the PC I tried to transfer my files and it stopped. Power it on again and said error on rockbox. Tried to power it up last night nothing. I plugged it in the charger and left it there. Tried to turn on with reset again this morning it would not turn on.

Remove the SD card and try the long reset again, see if it turns on.
Also, you could try to hold the left button on the navigation pad (rewind/back) and simultaneously press the turn on button. It should load the Sansa OS instead of rockbox, then turn it off and turn it on the regular way and see how it goes.

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #1,073 of 1,093
  Remove the SD card and try the long reset again, see if it turns on.
Also, you could try to hold the left button on the navigation pad (rewind/back) and simultaneously press the turn on button. It should load the Sansa OS instead of rockbox, then turn it off and turn it on the regular way and see how it goes.

Tried that No-Go. Thanks though.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,074 of 1,093
Did the menu and power button today and it turned on then it turn off due to low battery. Anyone know the model number to the battery? If its a $3-5 fix I don't mind opening the player and switching batteries.

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #1,076 of 1,093
They are Hardy little buggers, my clip + was sent through the wash twice and the dryer once. Bag of rice pulled it through. Have you tried charging it up all the way on the Sansa OS?

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #1,077 of 1,093
Yesterday after a couple of resets I got it to charge in rockbox. After the charge it would not turn back on. Then after several tries it went into rockbox 4.0 then after 5 min went into bootloader USB mode? This by using the ac charger not pc. Can I fix anything under bootloader?

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #1,079 of 1,093
It did yesterday. Later Today I could not turn it on at all. It does not even boot to the Sandisc screen only the Rockbox screen.

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #1,080 of 1,093
Would formatting it help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back