SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Jun 19, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #1,036 of 1,093
goodnight, sweet now-overpriced prince 
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #1,037 of 1,093
  goodnight, sweet now-overpriced prince 
frown.gif

At this point it really doesn't make much sense getting a clip does it?  Sadly there doesn't seem to be much in the way of alternatives at that price point that can be rockboxed.  Great little player that you could throw in your bag along with a set of decent iems/ciems and be done for the day.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #1,039 of 1,093
  At this point it really doesn't make much sense getting a clip does it?  Sadly there doesn't seem to be much in the way of alternatives at that price point that can be rockboxed.  Great little player that you could throw in your bag along with a set of decent iems/ciems and be done for the day.

true dat

i've bought 3 clips and if my last functioning one dies, no more sansa for me

it's such a badass lil gem that stood out before cos size + features + price -- still don't understand why sandisk discontinued it over these new half-assed players (that can't be rockboxed!!!!!)

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,041 of 1,093
There's still a decent supply of clip zip in the market. Once they're gone you can try the FiiO x1 which seems a decent alternative.

I think we will just have to face reality here. On the European and North-American market there's no more demand for these players. People use their phones with streaming services.

Lossless players are more and more the domain of cottage industries and some chinese manufacturers. The dedicated music player seems to have become a niche product.

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #1,042 of 1,093
I never got a chance to hear the X1, which I should try it at some point, but another alternative is the xDuoo X3 with Rockbox.  At least then you're using a familiar OS, have a decent amount of power output, a decent sound, and with 2 mSD slots quite a bit of storage room.  And it's not much more than the X1.

For a lesser cost, the xDuoo X2 or Fiio M3 are options as well.

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #1,043 of 1,093
I didn;t mention the latest Fiio because it seems to support a little less in lossless than a rockbox device does. However if you can do without high res support it's an option.

I found the X1 to have a much more likeable sound than the X3 but still a bit sedated at times. Could be I'm used to the clip's sound of xcourse.

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #1,044 of 1,093
For me, a big part of the appeal of the Clip is size, which leads to the issue of options of comparable sizes. I'm aware of the iPod nano, xduoo x2, Fiio m3. I assume the Colorfly c3 is an option as well. Other than those, I'm having a hard time thinking of alternatives.

Jun 30, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,045 of 1,093
I wonder if this little beauty can rockboxed; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01EJBIF7K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1466399776&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=agptek+a12

Looks like a direct (ish) copy.

Wow, there really is no shame is there?   IF it has folder view then it could be perfect replacement for it.

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #1,046 of 1,093
Of course I appreciate the size sound quality and driveability of the clip but one feature I care about is actually FM radio and the ability to record sounds or even radio to the sd card.
I know I might sound old fashioned but having radio is really useful. Too bad other "high quality" players don't integrate this feature. Some say that radio interfere with the quality of the sound. I don't agree at all especially when radio is off when playing natively from the player.

Jul 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,047 of 1,093
Guys,

I use my sansa on the gym and I would like to get a small amp for it.

The Fiio A1 is an option but I read it is the neutral tipe and I would like to get a warmer amp.

Any suggestions?

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #1,049 of 1,093
New USB driver was enabled for the Clip+/Zip/V2 and Fuze V2.  This should vastly improve USB stability and compatibility as well as fix crashes when plugging in USB while the player is off.

Most people will probably want to upgrade.  

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #1,050 of 1,093
  New USB driver was enabled for the Clip+/Zip/V2 and Fuze V2.  This should vastly improve USB stability and compatibility as well as fix crashes when plugging in USB while the player is off.

Most people will probably want to upgrade.  

This is great. My Clip Zip has a 1 in 3 chance of successfully connecting via USB. Hope this fixes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back