Sansa Fuze Or Sansa Clip+
Mar 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #46 of 93
I prefer the Clip+ to the Fuze and have both. Aside from the lower price of the Clip+, I hate the Fuze proprietary connector and proprietary cable. A new 2GB Clip+ is just $30. Add a 16GB or 32GB card, and you have a great cheap 18GB or 34GB player.

Mar 8, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #47 of 93

Quote:
I prefer the Clip+ to the Fuze and have both. Aside from the lower price of the Clip+, I hate the Fuze proprietary connector and proprietary cable. A new 2GB Clip+ is just $30. Add a 16GB or 32GB card, and you have a great cheap 18GB or 34GB player.

Oh, I don't know....

2nd dock in Office rig replaced CD changer...

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #48 of 93
Hi upstateguy,
Those are some awesome looking rigs in your photos.  What is the dock that you are using for your Fuze?
And you've gotta love those Zu Audio cables !! (Although, of course mine are pink!!, no really, mine are actually pink!). - Hikergrl

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #49 of 93

Quote:
Hi upstateguy,
Those are some awesome looking rigs in your photos.  What is the dock that you are using for your Fuze?
And you've gotta love those Zu Audio cables !! (Although, of course mine are pink!!, no really, mine are actually pink!). - Hikergrl

Griffin Dock....

(I've seen pink Zus....)  
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #50 of 93
I've used Sansa players for years, and still love 'em.
I like the Fuze for home use.  Bigger screen, which is nice when using RockBox.
I use the Clips and Clip+'s for more portable use.
I can't tell any difference in sound quality.
I hear the ClipZip has better FM radio, but haven't tried one yet.
Just ordered one of the docks for the Fuze.
Thanks for reminding me about those!

Mar 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #51 of 93
Hi. I have a Sansa clip zip for several months and it suddenly died. I can't get it to turn on. It hasn't been physically damaged at all.
Has this happened to anybody? If so, can it be fixed?
Thanks!

Mar 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #53 of 93
Thanks! I'll try to turn it on when I get home today.
Btw, I think it's funny that it has to rest for a couple of days.

Mar 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #54 of 93

Hey, what's that clear thing with the glowing blue light on the top photo?  It looks awesome.
Quote:

Oh, I don't know....

2nd dock in Office rig replaced CD changer...

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #55 of 93

I don't know if this is a dead thread, but this just happened to my clip+, which is unfortunate since I've had it only a couple of months and estimate that it had not more than 24 hours of use during that period.  Ten minutes after turning it on today, it simply went dead.

Quote:
Hi. I have a Sansa clip zip for several months and it suddenly died. I can't get it to turn on. It hasn't been physically damaged at all.
Has this happened to anybody? If so, can it be fixed?
Thanks!

@fusionramjet:  I'm curious if letting your clip zip "rest" for a few days also proved remedial?  Like yours, my clip certainly hasn't been abused and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I had just finished charging the battery prior to the "incident".  Is it possible to overcharge the battery and maybe after sitting for a few days the battery was reactivated?

Quote:
I had a similar eperience with a Clip+ a rear or so ago.
I let it sit for a couple of days.
When I went back to it, it started working and has given me no trouble since.

Apr 14, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #56 of 93
my readings here about the clip+ and the zip they said that they re-solder their battery connection, man i need to stop abusing my zip...

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #57 of 93

Hi, Greyowl,
Mine has "died" on me at least five times.  After letting it rest, it's always turned back on.  You make a good observation about the possible overcharging.  I never made that connection, but thinking about it, I think mine did die after charging.  Has yours turned back on yet?

Quote:

@fusionramjet:  I'm curious if letting your clip zip "rest" for a few days also proved remedial?  Like yours, my clip certainly hasn't been abused and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I had just finished charging the battery prior to the "incident".  Is it possible to overcharge the battery and maybe after sitting for a few days the battery was reactivated?

​

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #58 of 93
Yes, apparently my clip+ needed a rest!  This morning I pressed the power button and on came the Sansa logo, but surprisingly it was followed by a warning that the battery was dead.  I plugged it into the USB and after a couple of hours it is good to go.  Whatever the cause, the consequence is a total discharge of the battery.  Anyway, I'm happy it is working again.  How fortunate that I came upon your post last-night, thanks.  Head-fi to the rescue!

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #59 of 93
Glad I could help and glad your clip+ came back to life!
I love the clip's sound but hate the intermittent dying and the user interface (compared to iPods).
Go Head-Fi!

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #60 of 93
New to the Audiophile scene BUT! I do have some experience with some of the players,

The line of iPods/iPhones to Sony's and a couple other misc players. I have to say that this thread is somewhat responsible for my new decision on player!

Since I moved to the Philippines from the USA finding the Sansa Fuze with v2 firmware was not an easy task. Once I received it i immediately turned it on and hooked up my Sennheizer CX-870's to it and heard beautiful sounds that were rich and clear.

I have been using my iPhone 4s + CX-870's + Fiio E11 and nothing I did even with the EQu app got rid of some real ear sores that the iPhone 4s has due to the change in there audio chip. HOW FRUSTRATING!!

I tested the Sansa with a combination of my CX-870's CX-215's HD-201's + FIIO E11 and was very relieved to no longer hear this strange faint high pitched noise/hiss I was getting from the iPhone 4s.

Out of the box however the EQ settings turned the beautiful clear sounds into something obviously digitally modified almost muddy (at least to me). So with a little bit of digging I decided it was time to Rockbox the device and immediately noticed even MORE improvement and the Rockbox EQ is very feature rich almost need a degree to fully utilize it, but with enough play you can get it to do exactly what you want. Theming is nice etc.. etc..

This little player is AMAZING!! Kills any other player I have tried NOTE: I have not tried any cowon's, or HIFIman's *yet :wink:*
MediaMonkey is a perfect application to use with this to sync your music library as well (Flac support!!)

I am looking forward to my next upgrade on headphones that I feel very confidant in purchasing now that I have a solid audio rig for my portable work use. (HD-650's for home and IE8's for work)

In short, The SANSA Fuze is a winner for me, I will be writing an article at some point soon to help point the other lost iPhone 4s users in the right direction. Now to hack me a 64GB MicroSD card to work with this thing and bring my flacs with me! 100% satisfied!

OH! I no longer need the FIIO E11 for my work setup because of this player. The FIIO E11 actually gave me TOOOO much amplification and started destroying my sound (unless i adjusted the volume settings on the player and FIIO E11 until it was perfect, but plugging directly into the player I was able to achieve the same results)

Hope this helps anyone who's interested in a SANSA (I imagine the Clip+ will achieve similar results)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back