1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sansa Fuze Or Sansa Clip+

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by bchman, Mar 19, 2010.
2 3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last
  1. bchman
    As The Topic Suggested,Which Is Better? I Looking For A Good N Cheap Player Since My iPod Touch Is Dying Soon. [​IMG]

*I Will Be Using Fiio E5 And Pl-30(Sound Magic) With It*

2. roebeet
    I believe that their sound signature is similar, between the two. And both have MicroSD slots.

The main difference is that the Fuze does video (2 inch screen), whereas the Clip+ does not.

3. bchman
    I See, Thank For Your Info~ ^^.

4. Sparky191
    Fuze has bigger battery too.

5. Junliang
    pros for fuze
    -line out(not sure whether its true line out or not)
    -Video(though it seriously sucks)
    -spin spin wheel([​IMG], thought it might get stucky after few years according to experience)

pros for clip
    -small
    -same SQ with its physically bigger brother
    -simple UI, meaning supposedly longer battery life(3 lines ftw)
    -clip at the back for ultra portability(jogging anyone ?)

6. Killmassacre
    The fuze is better with a bigger full color screen, better battery life(20 hours vs 15 hours) and it's easier to navigate songs with, but it is quite a bit larger then the clip +(about the size as the 3g ipod nano) and uses a proprietary cable. I personally have the clip+ and I love it, I almost wished I would have gotten the fuze but the size of the clip + is very nice for working out/jogging. As far as I know sound quality wise they sound pretty much the same, I recently got my clip + to replace my ipod touch + fiio e1 and the clip + sounds even better which is hard to believe considering it's size!

7. bchman
    Oh.. I Don Mind Having A Bigger Size Since I Had To Use E5 With It. I Guess Fuze Should Be Good. I Only Scare Of The Way Of Fuze's Usb. It Different.. And The Look Of It Seem Like It Will Break Easily @.@

8. LFF
    I'm still stuck in the same predicament. Clip+ or Fuze......

9. DrBenway
    I've got a Clip+ 8GB and love it. Sound is great, interface is simple and intuitive. I have no experience with the Fuze, but I saw a post on (I think) ABI that showed a very sweet DIY LOD project for the Fuze. I don't think there is any way to do that with the Clip+, since it has neither a lineout nor a dock connector.

Probably not a deal-breaker, but a meaningful difference if you're good with solder.

10. LFF
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I've got a Clip+ 8GB and love it. Sound is great, interface is simple and intuitive. I have no experience with the Fuze, but I saw a post on (I think) ABI that showed a very sweet DIY LOD project for the Fuze. I don't think there is any way to do that with the Clip+, since it has neither a lineout nor a dock connector.

Probably not a deal-breaker, but a meaningful difference if you're good with solder.

I have read that the fuze and Clip+ headphone outs at 100% are equivalent to a line out with no loss in quality. However, you have to change a setting for it to work.

That being said...I'm leaning towards a Clip+.

11. ClieOS Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I have read that the fuze and Clip+ headphone outs at 100% are equivalent to a line out with no loss in quality. However, you have to change a setting for it to work.

The claim of '100% are equivalent to a line out with no loss in quality' isn't really correct. The original post by Sansafix (Sandisk tech support) was meant to refer to the volume / loudness between LO and PO at max, not the SQ. Below is the PM I got back from Sansafix himself when I was doing research for the LOD project, and as he has pointed out, Fuze headphone out and line-out is not the same. As for how big a difference is b/w LO and PO, you can read some impression from those who did try the LOD for themselves.

[​IMG]
    Sansafix replied directly onto my original PM with ">>" + answer.

12. LFF
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    The claim of '100% are equivalent to a line out with no loss in quality' isn't really correct. The original post by Sansafix (Sandisk tech support) was meant to refer to the volume / loudness between LO and PO at max, not the SQ. Below is the PM I got back from Sansafix himself when I was doing research for the LOD project, and as he has pointed out, Fuze headphone out and line-out is not the same. As for how big a difference is b/w LO and PO, you can read some impression from those who did try the LOD for themselves.

[​IMG]
    Sansafix replied directly onto my original PM with ">>" + answer.

Dang it! Now I am undecided again. Jeezzzz. [​IMG]

Seriously though - thanks for clearing that up. [​IMG]

13. DrBenway
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

O.K., now I'm confused. If I read your post correctly, a menu setting on the Clip+ that will change the output jack from an amplified headphone out to a line-level out through the same jack.

--Is this correct?

--What is the setting? is it the

Settings --> Volume --> Normal/High?

Like I said, confused. But also intrigued. Hadn't thought of getting an amp for the Clip+, but...

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

14. Junliang
    The interior of a fuze lod that I made in the past
    [​IMG]

15. choka
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    pros for fuze
    -spin spin wheel
    pros for clip
    -clip at the back for ultra portability(jogging anyone ?)

the click wheel on the fuze is awesome. When I jog I just put the fuze in my pant's pocket. I don't see a point of clipping any DAP to anywhere of my clothing when I HAVE a pocket.

2 3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last