Sansa Fuze Or Sansa Clip+
Mar 21, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #17 of 93
Hello,

Noobie here. I am interested in the Sansa Fuze and Clip as well, but I am curious on what you guys think of these two PMP compared to the Sansa Fuze and Clip.

MEElectronics RockMee II 8GB 3.0-Inch Wide Screen Portable Media Player

MEElectronics GrooveMee II 8GB Touch Screen Portable Media Player

I am interested in the playback format and sound quality I guess. I don't really care about the size. I will be using PA2V2 with it. Video playback and other features are a bonus of course, but again I don't really mind.

So between these 4 PMP's which one would you guys recommend?

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #18 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

..... As for how big a difference is b/w LO and PO, you can read some impression from those who did try the LOD for themselves.

Well, there are the impressions of what someone thought they may have heard relative to the equipment they have and the conditions they were listening under, and then there is the data sheet from the AS3525 chip inside the Fuze.

orig.jpg

USG

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #19 of 93
Obviously a DAP is nothing more than just one chip. Signal path and all the components like resistors and caps in-between are all so transparent that we can forget all of them. Better yet, why not just call them snail oil? Makes life much simpler.

while we at it, anyone here ever hear how AD8620 in Cmoy sounds differently from that of a 3MOVE (same chip in dual mono)? You are surely suffering from placebo. They all sound the same!

Ignorance is a bliss. Over and out.

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #20 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

..... Better yet, why not just call them snail oil? Makes life much simpler.

Ignorance is a bliss. Over and out.

I don't know anything about snail oil.
biggrin.gif

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's probably safer to stick to the data.
smile.gif

USG

May 18, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #22 of 93
I actually prefer the Sansa Clip+'s sound over the Sansa Fuse. I like the Clip+'s fuller and warmer sound. The Fuse is a bit thinner and more analytical but doesn't mean it has more detail. It is the same. The sound difference between the two are very very small. Some might not hear the difference.

Most people would prefer the Fuse overall as a DAP. Count me in here. I like the Clip+'s sound by a small margin. But for general file browsing and use, the Fuse is so much better. It's size and display is great.

May 18, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #23 of 93
I bought the clip and regretted it and bought the fuze.
Don't get me wrong the clip is my second favourite player(I have been through many dap's), but I just prefer the fuze in every way.
I personally found the clip to small and preferred the ergonomics of the fuze and I love the extra battery life.
I am absolutely in love with the fuze currently, it is the perfect size for a pocket, has great battery life, support rockbox,
expandable memory and the best sq I have heard out of any dap including the j3 and d2

May 19, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #24 of 93
I chose the clip+ because of a few reasons...

1) I got it for $20 (hard to beat that)

2) It has a clip, which will be used for jogging and the gym. And to the person who said they can just put the player in their pocket I have to tell you that it isn't always as easy as that. for jogging, yes it works, but that doesn't leave me the opportunity to carry the key to my house and my cellphone (I use its GPS to track my work out). And as for the gym? Considering that I used to put my player in my pocket, and it would constantly fall out, I find the clip to be an elegant solution to the problem. 

3) The battery life doesn't bother me, so long as it can last at least an hour for my jogs maybe 2 if I'm doing a long work out. 

4) Sound quality is amazing. I think the J3 is marginally better, but that is only due to its sound enhancements. I did an A-B test on them, and honestly when both conditions were the same (EQ flat, and no sound enhancements used), the Clip+ won out on the J3. When I played around with the EQ and sound enhancements however, the Clip+ couldn't keep up with the Jet effects sound enhancements on the J3. Its all about being able to customize the sound to its fullest potential, and Cowon excels at that probably better than any company right now (imo). Granted I haven't tried HiFiMan, but I doubt I ever will because of the battery life issues.

That is my two cents. I suggest you look at what you'll be using it for and go from there. I got it primarily for working out, so the clip was a large part of the deciding factor for me. But if you don't need the clip, the Fuze might be the player for you. 

May 19, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #25 of 93
I have a Clip+ and J3 - to be totally honest on Flat setting the Clip sounds miles better than the Cowon. Not even close. You really need to use the EQ to get a decent sound out of the J3 - then it sounds great.
The Clip+ is a remarkable little DAP, all things considered.

May 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #26 of 93

Quote:
I have a Clip+ and J3 - to be totally honest on Flat setting the Clip sounds miles better than the Cowon. Not even close. You really need to use the EQ to get a decent sound out of the J3 - then it sounds great.
The Clip+ is a remarkable little DAP, all things considered.

100% agreed......flat settings Clip+ is better. Enhancements and EQ engaged, the Cowon players are fantastic....flat, they're boring.

May 19, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #28 of 93

Quote:
I have 2 Clips and a Fuze.  Flat settings are best.

I've had 2 Clips, 2 Clip+, and 3 Fuzes.....and the Sansa EQ rather sucks, to be frank. But if you Rockbox them, then the EQ can do wonders, if your other gear requires it.

May 19, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #29 of 93
I <3 rockbox. I think it completes the player. It doesn't look as pretty, but for what you get from it is far better.

Quote:
I've had 2 Clips, 2 Clip+, and 3 Fuzes.....and the Sansa EQ rather sucks, to be frank. But if you Rockbox them, then the EQ can do wonders, if your other gear requires it.

May 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #30 of 93

Quote:
The interior of a fuze lod that I made in the past
IMG_0375.jpg

Nice work. Must have a low output impedance to be able to use 4.7. Tants would be cool there as I generally prefer them for coupling and bypass to electrolytics and you can probably get away with polars with the negative on cable side. 4x 10uf tants configured nonpolar would definitely go and not take up more space. I see you now use a touch 3g. Great player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back