Sansa Clip+ with Fiio e10
Jul 18, 2012 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

DFXLuna

New Head-Fier
So my Clip+ has a headphone jack and the mini usb port I use to plug it into my computer. However, my fiio e10 only has a mini usb in, the same type of usb in as my Clip. So no easy trs line in. Normally I could just buy a LOD for this however, there aren't any LODs, that I can find, for the clip+. Does anyone know what I can do? I'm not a stranger to modding either, so that would be an option if anyone knew of any clip+ mods for that, it would be an option as well. Thanks! :D

Jul 18, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 18
You can't use the Clip+ mini USB port for audio out, what you're trying to do is not possible. The only way you get a alternative lineout from a Clip+ is by using the headphone out and even then it's not going to work with your E10. The Clip+ USB is only for charging and data transfer.

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 18
Or you could get a Fiio E6. The E6 is tiny and only around $23. I have the E6, and it is good, except that when used with the Clip+ it doesn't have enough muscle to work well with 300 ohm headphones. It does work well though with my old 150 ohm Sennheiser headphones and my Clip+.

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 18
I considered that but I need a dac as my clip can't handle Stereo Flac(I think the sampling rate is too high for it) and I don't wanna go through the trouble of encoding most of my library.
Impedance isn't a problem because my AD700's only have 32ohms of impedance. I'll probably end up getting another fiio dac because I'd have to get a custom lod with a 5pin usb mini B connector for it and that'd be on top of getting another source.

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
I considered that but I need a dac as my clip can't handle Stereo Flac(I think the sampling rate is too high for it) and I don't wanna go through the trouble of encoding most of my library.
Impedance isn't a problem because my AD700's only have 32ohms of impedance. I'll probably end up getting another fiio dac because I'd have to get a custom lod with a 5pin usb mini B connector for it and that'd be on top of getting another source.

FLACs can be stereo and play on the Clips just fine.
Quote:
????? Clips play FLAC up to 16/48 just fine.

I'm guessing maybe DFXLuna has some 24/96 FLACs? 

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Yeah, they're all 24/96 ^_^;;;;

Well, a DAC won't help the Clip play them. If you install Rockbox, then the Clip would play them but they would still be downsampled as they were playing.

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:
Well, a DAC won't help the Clip play them. If you install Rockbox, then the Clip would play them but they would still be downsampled as they were playing.

I have it rockboxed but it still gets messed up during denser segments I'm okay with downsampling(Although I really miss the clean sound of my e10). Maybe I don't have down sampling enabled although I don't see an option for it either....

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:
I have it rockboxed but it still gets messed up during denser segments I'm okay with downsampling(Although I really miss the clean sound of my e10). Maybe I don't have down sampling enabled although I don't see an option for it either....

I'm not sure if there is an option to enable it or not. I don't have any 24/96 so I've never worried about it.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

I'm not sure if there is an option to enable it or not. I don't have any 24/96 so I've never worried about it.
smile_phones.gif

I can't decide whether it's worse to live with mono or garbled audio at the ends of the sound :D I'm so used to the giant sound stage of my AD700's XD
I guess I'll just have to do some downsampling, it's definitely cheaper than getting a new portable source!

Jul 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:
I can't decide whether it's worse to live with mono or garbled audio at the ends of the sound :D I'm so used to the giant sound stage of my AD700's XD
I guess I'll just have to do some downsampling, it's definitely cheaper than getting a new portable source!

I don't understand what you mean when, live with mono......why would you have to live with mono? 

Jul 22, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:
When it's in stereo it garbles up the audio during denser segments with more stuff going on. It doesn't happen in mono.(It only happens in flac 24/96)

The solution is simple....use 16/44.1 instead. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back