Sansa Clip Plus - does it work with a Mac?
Aug 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
I just ordered a new Macbook Pro today and wondered if the Sansa Clip Plus works with Mac/Apple stuff.

I'm looking for a small, inexpensive mp3 player that has outstanding sound quality (alot of eq options, etc.) but also works with Mac.  The Sansa Clip + 8GB is only $55-60, which seems like a great deal since I've read it has very good sound quality.

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 5
What he said, and it also is easy to do the rockbox thing using an installer but because the rockbox folder is invisible you have to do some trickery to install specific files by hand. I think by using the terminal or something else Im too lazy to try. :)

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #4 of 5
You can always just show the hidden files. Now while I don't have a mac I'd assume it's similar to my linux since mac was built and then modified on a linux distribution. The folder .rockbox shows up as a hidden file under linux because any folder with . in the start makes it a hidden folder so you can actually see it.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 5
The Sansa clip has an option on the original firmware to turn on MSC (under Settings - System settings - USB mode).  With the device in MSC mode, it should mount as a standard FAT32 flash drive, which your mac should be able to handle.  I use this on my linux system, and I am very happy with it.  

Also, Rockbox is definitely worth the trouble if you want to install it.  Though it's marked as unstable, it really is stable on the clip.   Rockbox gives you a lot more options than the standard firmware in sorting and displaying your music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back