sansa clip+ or ipod shuffle?
Jul 5, 2010 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bananaman22

Head-Fier
hey peoples

i recently bought an ipod shuffle 4th gen but am thinking of returning it and getting a sansa clip+ instead.
On the shuffle, i dont like the fact that i cant use my own headphones and that it doesnt have a screen.
I like the sansa clip and it looks like it'll fit my needs perfectly, but i just want some other opinions... and also does the sansa clip sound any better than a shuffle would? i have grado sr80i's btw

So am i making a wise choice?

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 5
The Clip+ sounds good. It's also helped by a nice built-in EQ and the potential for even better enhancements with Rockbox. I can't say it's an improvement over the iPod 5G with the RE0 because I think the RE0 benefited from the 5G's more powerful headphone-out. But it'll probably sound better than the Shuffle if there's a difference at all.

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 5
The Clip+ isn't evil at all. It's awesome in many ways. No rolloff of any kind with low impedance phones, very little hiss with sensitive phones, micro sd expansion, runs rockbox.

It also pairs well with grados too. Most portable players do.

Jul 5, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 5
I can't say I've tried the shuffle outside of the 1G one that looked like a flash drive. The clip+ is awesome. I'm not sensitive to hiss at all so that doesn't bother me but I do get some hiss out of my earphones but no big deal to me. It runs rockbox which is great, microsdhc slot is nice if I ever buy a memory card, built well and best of all it is cheap. I got a 8gb used for $40 and new is around $60 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back