S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 28, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #3,031 of 3,682

Quote:

Quote:
Just got this email from Raz today....
 Don't forget that US buyers can purchase from Amazon and MP4 Nation (USA). Buyers in the UK, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Russia and Hong Kong can purchase within your country for Brainwavz and Nationite products. Please visit www.nationiteplayers.com & www.yourbrainwavz.com for local reseller information.
Thank you for your time and consideration

Regards
Raz

I'm in the UK, and clicked on www.nationiteplayers.com and there is no option to buy from the UK.  I find it somewhat unbelievable that a city as important and advanced as Hong Kong does not have a functioning mail service.  Even if the state mail service is experiencing problems (and I find it unbelievable that if they are it would mean delays of the nature mp4nation are asserting), there are other couriers. 

My impression of mp4nation is getting increasingly negative.  I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but the lies, excuses and misinformation are inexcusable.  To take customers' money and then not send the product for months (when on the website it states 4-14 days) is a disgrace.  Amazon do not charge customers until they actually send the items.  Why is it so hard for mp4nation to do the same? 

This is what I received today:

Quote:

Fri, Jan 28 2011 5:24pm - Hugo S
Hello,

I regret to inform you that there have been some troubles with the processing and shipping of your order and it will be coming back to us. Due to the upcoming Chinese New Year holiday break, your order will be able to be re-shipped, at the latest, by the 14th of February.

We're very sorry about this. We would like to notify you that when we are able to resend it, we will do so with EMS to ensure that the package reaches you as soon as possible. If this option is not attractive to you, we can offer the alternative of store credit in the amount of $18.50 instead of having your package shipped EMS.

Otherwise, if you don't want to opt for both of the above options, we can offer to include 3 S:Flo2 leather cases for free in your package.

Once again, we'd like to extend our apologies for this inconvenience.

**This ticket will be shown as closed. Please use follow this link http://www.mp4nation.net/support and login to your ticket by entering the ticket # and your email - replying to the ticket will open your ticket. You may then post a reply and our support team will respond to you :) **

So, Chinese New Year lasts 3 weeks does it?  Amazing that a city as commercial as Hong Kong would take 3 weeks public holiday for New Year.

i pretty much agree with how you feel here.

i received that same email but the thing is, is that i never inquired about my order at all. it just doesnt sound right to me that HKP is getting all the blame for these delays. i think theres def more to it than that from mp4nation.

with that said though, i do believe that i will get my stuff eventually since different people have reported getting theirs on here recently, i just dont believe their excuses 100%.

Jan 29, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #3,032 of 3,682
I received similar information to you guys. I ordered mine on Dec. 13th and am happy to say that I finally got it today. While I was upset with how things were handled but I am still happy with the product and think that they are a good company. Perhaps they will learn from this and handle things differently in the future but I hope people don't hold this against a great product. 

Edit: I would like to add something I just noticed. They are definitely fudging when the units are being shipped, I was told mine shipped on Dec. 16th but the piece of HK newspaper I just pulled out of the box is dated at Jan. 7th. So unless time works different than it does here, it did not ship out when they told me. 

Jan 29, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #3,033 of 3,682

Quote:
I received similar information to you guys. I ordered mine on Dec. 13th and am happy to say that I finally got it today. While I was upset with how things were handled but I am still happy with the product and think that they are a good company. Perhaps they will learn from this and handle things differently in the future but I hope people don't hold this against a great product. 

Edit: I would like to add something I just noticed. They are definitely fudging when the units are being shipped, I was told mine shipped on Dec. 16th but the piece of HK newspaper I just pulled out of the box is dated at Jan. 7th. So unless time works different than it does here, it did not ship out when they told me. 

That is CLASSIC :wink: They are obviously lying to everyone. Too bad

Jan 29, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #3,034 of 3,682
Obviously I can accept delay or back order but false info or point error to some where else doesn't sounds good to me as a business practice.

Even Christmas, Chinese New Year it is like 1 or 3 days holiday so at most it took the same day of delay to resume shipping and let's give them 1 week but weeks or months? The shipping label on the parcel tells a lot too, are we all melon head?

Jan 30, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #3,036 of 3,682

Quote:
Every Chinese person I've ever spoken to confirms what Fang says. China really shuts-down for ~3 weeks. It's a big thing over there.

Yep, I can confirm that as well. There are three big holidays on China - New Year (1/1), Chinese New Year, and National Day. Chinese usually do not get holidays in 1 or 2 days length, instead they combine all the holidays into sort of a holidays weeks so they can have at least 1~2 weeks off each time. It is a policy aims to make sure that workers can actual enjoy holidays and went back home since many of them come from rural area and it usually takes a few days just to go back home, thus short holidays makes no sense to them.

Jan 30, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #3,037 of 3,682
I thought the original mail was talking about shipping confirmation (already mail out) but HK post delay etc. Yes, China has 3 weeks holiday as people need time to travel home and many only meet their family once a year. HK holiday for Chinese New Year Holiday is 4 days. Unless we are talking about shipping from Shenzhen (which is 2hr from HK) yes, long holiday but item mail out from HK?

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #3,039 of 3,682
It does seems the delay is getting out of hand, regardless which party is to be blamed. I think as MP4 Nation's business keeps growing, it is time for them to put UPS / DHL / Fedex into the shipping option and let those who are willing to pay but not wait get their order fill out faster.

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #3,041 of 3,682

Quote:
^^No doubt.  The Pony Express just isn't the best option anymore!  lol.
Speaking of mp4nation.  Are they going to carry the S:flo2 in the US or is that not going to end up making it's way here?

Really they just need to stock them here in the US and avoid all of this BS. I have a feeling though that they don't have the $ to stock up on products. We'll see

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #3,042 of 3,682
You hit the issue right on the head.
Having gone through two pre-orders with these guys I see a pattern typical to many small distribution companies. These guys are using the cash from the pre-orders to put downpayments on orders from their manufacturers. In and of itself that is fine, but problems will arise when they buy too much inventory of other garbage (cheap rockchip players and re-branded IEM's) with the cash they get from pre-orders. This would result in an inability to take delivery of high-demand items like the sflo2 because they would not have enough cash to pay for them or the AR terms are not generous. Which in turn could lead to "shipping delays" until more cash comes in. At some point these situations tend to unravel to where the last pre-orders are left undelivered.

I am not saying that MP4Nation is there yet, but as they grow and try to open operations in other areas (a US "store" anyone) where they will need to carry some level of inventory, unless they can negotiate good credit terms and/or re-invest cash (from profits) to fund the growth, they are heading down a common path. 
A small thing like BS'ing your customers about shipping delays could also impact your cash from future pre-orders. 
Just saying.

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #3,044 of 3,682
i can definitely hear some distortion/cracking in certain passages of tracks- like shredding guitars etc. from HO with ue triple.fi10 (and others hphones also)... think i have to return the player. damn.
or any advice here?
i cant use the LO- do not have an amp and LO is LOUD and with turned down via eq the LO sounds bit "under the blanket"
the dist./cracking is decreased if I set eq to -9 through whole spectrum but that affects the sq

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #3,045 of 3,682
Does anyone else get horrific cracks and screeches between tracks that don't show up on other players?  I get these -- sometimes so bad that my ears hurt for an hour -- on about 25% of the mp3 files that I play on my new S:flo2.  Again, the screeches are between tracks; it seems to have something to do with how the player transitions from track to track.  And an entire album will have the problem -- roughly one in four albums.  No sign of the problem in iTunes, on my Clip+, or on any iPod.  Just on the S:flo2.

I fixed the problem on one album by converting the files to higher bltrate mp3, so I thought I'd found the solution and tried that on others.  No luck.  Other suggestions?

So far no such problem with flac files.  I hate to think I'm going to have to convert all my mp3s to flac.  (Since I usually don't have the original uncompressed files, that'll just pointlessly take up space.  Not to mention how much time it'll take...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back