RSA The Shadow - smaller than P-51
May 20, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #61 of 144
This is exciting...can't wait to hear about the prototype at Can Jam!

May 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #62 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by jochen.schell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, 0.3" and nearly the footprint of the Nano sounds really wonderful!
Then I will get such a Nano-Yotank and combine it permanently with the Shadow.

nanofaceblack.jpg

This will be an incredible, small soundengine!

Jochen

Where do you get the above information on the Shadow?

May 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #63 of 144
There was a reply from Ray to your last posting which was deleted later.
There he gave the dimensions of the Shadow but 0,3" will only happen if the battery is placed beside the electronics, what is not yet sure...

Jochen

May 21, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #66 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was deleted?

Probably removed because it was a manufacturer discussing a yet-to-be-released product in the open forums. Das ist verboten.

May 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #67 of 144
An integrated amp that paired nicely, or actually physically with an iPhone, or iPod is a nice idea, but the design and manufacturing challenges would be fairly daunting. The iPhone "holster batteries" only have to design one form factor, but even so, they are counting on thousands, or even tens of thousands of units being sold. What is Ray's market here? I do like the idea of an ultra-thin Shadow. No argument that lugging an iPod, stiff LOD cable and amp is a bit kludgy, but I don't see that going away with the Shadow.

May 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #68 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No argument that lugging an iPod, stiff LOD cable and amp is a bit kludgy, but I don't see that going away with the Shadow.

Why would one need a stiff LOD cable? There are plenty of pretty flexible options.

May 21, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #69 of 144
Quote:

Why would one need a stiff LOD cable? There are plenty of pretty flexible options.

I believe I was picking up on another poster's comment. I don't disagree, though none of my "good" LOD cables are svelte. My iMod cable, like my Lil Knight LOD, takes up a certain amount of room. On the iMod, there seems no getting around it.

May 28, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #74 of 144
Quote:

hm, looks like a thumbwheel volume control.

I think it's actually a rocker switch since the wheel is incomplete and there is the small protrusion at the peak of the arch. Rock one way = up, the other = down. Upside is a very small profile, downside is no way to tell where the volume is at when you first turn it on.

May 29, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #75 of 144
It is a rocker switch, but a firm one. Not the flimsy kind that come on cameras, etc. Think, early MP3 Players (the really nice ones) where is is spring loaded and slightly resistive.

I still prefer the feel of a pot and find it visually satisfying, but that being said having heard the shadow it is a nice amp. Hooked up my DIYmod + film dock setup and listened through a variety of headphones including my modded/recabled esw9's. Give it a try at canjam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back