RSA * Dark Star * SE and balanced, dual chassis amp designed to drive most any HP . .
Jul 7, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #61 of 172
It sure looks nice.  I wonder how it will perform.

Jul 7, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #63 of 172
I see new images on the RSA site but I don't see them elsewhere but once posted on a web site I assume they can be reposted elsewhere. 

Anyway, I look forward to further impressions. 

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #64 of 172
Eh. Sorry if I broke a rule.. I was only trying to be helpful. I guess maybe I really should be more careful. Mods, feel free to delete any offending posts...

I'm in a pretty funny place, I guess... an enthusiast and not exactly a member of the trade, but I do help Ray out with the website.

Edit - My involvement on this thread was out of line. My sincere apologies to any I may have injured.

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #65 of 172
I enjoy the look of the Dark Star - it's pretty much in line with his other amps - but I am really looking forward to knowing the price - and kind of scared too...

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #67 of 172

Quote:
2995$ for the first 10

Oh so tempting... good thing I have my money commited elsewhere...
rolleyes.gif

Might spring for one in 6-12 months though depending on how the reviews turn out.

Will be very interesting to hear skylabs impressions when he's spent some time with it, lucky b*stard...

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #68 of 172
That isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be - hmm - it would take me a year to save it - since I have other overheads - wouldn't be for a year though...

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #72 of 172
That would be good - I am actually impressed with the price - but I have to say - if I was going to buy another RSA amp - it would probably not be SS but tube or electrostat - because I would be inclined to buy an electrostat pair of phones in the future

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #73 of 172
I would love to try some electrostatic headphones some day. Other than that, this would appear to drive everything else ever created. :^) 

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #75 of 172

Quote:
I don't know if the electrostats would play well in your area jamato.  Don't you get insane humidity where you live?

Humidity? The birds swim and have gills. No, here would be no good. I should be leaving soon though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back