RSA * Dark Star * SE and balanced, dual chassis amp designed to drive most any HP . .
Jul 15, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #166 of 172

Quote:
I also look forward to skylab's review. But I also very much value spritzer's input. Both are valued head-fi members, and both should be given a chance to say what they need to say. It's not like spritzer is a newb with no demonstrated technical knowledge. I've read many of his posts and have found him to be very helpful in the past.

I, for one, value hearing both sides of an argument. I feel that I have the ability to decide for myself what to believe, given the information at hand. Jude, I understand your need to moderate as a moderator. But I hope you will be specific about what you want spritzer to limit, and not just shut him down period, or ask him to just stop posting. I think you have to admit that he has vast technical knowledge, and that is a great asset to your forum.

Like I said, he can be very helpful at times, but also equally spiteful.

Why don't you read his post in question?  I know for certain you're fully capable of discerning when he crossed the line, and got into character attacks--and no amount of technical knowledge makes that okay.  Like I said before, last year he wrongfully and publicly accused another designer of stealing.  I've had it with that kind of stuff, man, and I'm definitely not alone.

Quote:
...I also will say that I missed seeing Ray at CJ 2010. I have no beef with him personally. In fact, every time I've met him, he's bought me pizza. So hey, what's not to like about that? But the bottom line is, people need to hear stuff for themselves. His absence last year at a major national headphone event was a disappointment, and it deprived people from being able to judge for themselves if they liked the sound coming out of his equipment.

For his own reasons (reasons I completely understand), he did not exhibit at CanJam 2010.  There were a lot of manufacturers who did, and many who didn't.

There are few manufacturers who've traveled to as many meets over the years, far and wide, as him, though, so there's certainly no meet-listening deprivation going on with this manufacturer.

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #167 of 172

I also like to hear two sides of the argument - but I don't think it is upto Jude to be specific, I think it is upto Spritzer to say clearly and upfront what exactly his problem is with Ray. Dishonest - how? Sounds like crap - how??

We expect reviews to be clear and open about exactly what is good and bad about said product. We expect positive comments to come from people who have actually heard products being mentioned. Likewise -anything negative ought to be specific. Especially when they are negative and personal. 

A forum is all about both sides of the argument. I welcome Spritzer's insight. Clearly, Spritzer knows a great deal about amps. But he ought to have very clear and specific reasons for using words like "dishonest" etc....and it doesn't appear that his facts about CJ2010 were accurate which begs the question - does he have Ray confused with someone else???

Well done Jude for pointing out what needed to be said!

Quote:
I also look forward to skylab's review. But I also very much value spritzer's input. Both are valued head-fi members, and both should be given a chance to say what they need to say. It's not like spritzer is a newb with no demonstrated technical knowledge. I've read many of his posts and have found him to be very helpful in the past.

I, for one, value hearing both sides of an argument. I feel that I have the ability to decide for myself what to believe, given the information at hand. Jude, I understand your need to moderate as a moderator. But I hope you will be specific about what you want spritzer to limit, and not just shut him down period, or ask him to just stop posting. I think you have to admit that he has vast technical knowledge, and that is a great asset to your forum.

I also will say that I missed seeing Ray at CJ 2010. I have no beef with him personally. In fact, every time I've met him, he's bought me pizza. So hey, what's not to like about that? But the bottom line is, people need to hear stuff for themselves. His absence last year at a major national headphone event was a disappointment, and it deprived people from being able to judge for themselves if they liked the sound coming out of his equipment.

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #168 of 172
When you support attacks on deserved vendor transgressions, you give power for personal opinion. There have been a few vendors shut down and justified by their actions. RSA seems to be the whipping post because of their relations with Head Fi and not by action against the community. In effect, the attack is as much directed at Head Fi as RSA.

There are some weighing in that seldom participate in Head Fi anymore. While their knowledge and experience is a value, their opinion and attitude can also influence people against something they know nothing about. I was influenced by this anti RSA attitude when I first became a member. Now I'm setting here with a Singlepower amp that sounds great but isn't worth a Canadian quarter.

This site is becoming a marketing tool and these kinds of quarrels will surely erupt as money and influence become more polarized. Seeing such attacks are embarrassing to the community and makes us look like children.

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #169 of 172

Quote:
I also like to hear two sides of the argument - but I don't think it is upto Jude to be specific, I think it is upto Spritzer to say clearly and upfront what exactly his problem is with Ray. Dishonest - how? Sounds like crap - how??

FWIW I think he gave his reason for both of those remarks in his post.  To be more specific, he said it was dishonest for a manufacturer to make customers cover paypal fees and said the amp was no good because of the design and power opamps used.

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #170 of 172
It is dishonest AND against paypal's terms of service. I remember reading that paypal takes this pretty seriously, frankly I'm surprised no one's ever reported Ray to them.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside#receiving_payments
Quote:
No Surcharges. Under Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment.

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #171 of 172
I was thinking it had to be against the TOS as well.  It's like getting a credit card fee everytime you go to the grocery store because you swiped your VISA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back