RSA * Dark Star * SE and balanced, dual chassis amp designed to drive most any HP . .
Mar 23, 2011 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 172

jamato8

Headphoneus Supremus
I was wondering if anything was going on with Ray's "inventions" but figured he was just busy putting out amps. So I ventured over to his site today and now he has a new amp! For the hard to drive HE-6 and any other phone, this appears to provide the horse power to move phones to their max potential. 

I can't believe some of these figures:

80 volts in SE but the amp is also fully balanced for 160 volts peak to peak. 9 amps of current and parts to match.

Here is a link to current information:

http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/    Dark Star 

This is something I really want to hear. Now to get off this island. 

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 172
Y'know, I think there's a limit as to how much power we really need here... I mean, this is basically like a speaker amp that didn't bother with the speaker taps right?

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 172
Many people drive the HE-6 with speaker amps. They suck up the current. I have driven horn speakers with a lot of power to stay in the lowest distortion area of the amp, as long as the amp was good to begin with. The proof will be in the listening. 

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 172
Hey, good catch. I guess you can choose the name. :^)

Looking forward to images and to what it sounds like. I can only imagine how my HE-6 would sound powered with this. 

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #10 of 172
I do love that Rays number one fanboy "happened to visit his site today". Just in the nick of time to catch one of the once-in-every-9-to-10-months-or-so updates.

What a world of coincidence we live in.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #15 of 172

Quote:
I do love that Rays number one fanboy "happened to visit his site today". Just in the nick of time to catch one of the once-in-every-9-to-10-months-or-so updates.

What a world of coincidence we live in.

You mean people don't normally have all their favouite sites bookmarked that they visit every day hoping to see an update?... um, yeah let's go with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back