Roon is live
Sep 5, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #316 of 701
That's good news to know that if tidal goes, there may be alternatives.

Although Roon stands on it's own too.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #318 of 701
I downloaded the app but it says I can only play samples because it’s not available in my country?!?

Maybe it's not yet available in the USA, just planned.

Jan 10, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #319 of 701
I've been testing out upsampling in roon to 768khz and found out that i prefer to leave it off and send pure 44.1khz to the ADI2 so that can do its own thing instead. It sounds a bit softer upsampled and i started to turn up the volume more to try to compensate. Softening of the treble and losing a bit of impact was all i noticed. Any one else have a similar experience?

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #324 of 701
Thank you.

Is the plus version worth the $1100 price difference? All I see different is the upgrade from an i-3 dual core to an i-7 dual core and 4 gigs of RAM. Seems awfully expensive upgrade.

Depends if you plan to use DSD upsampling. i3 may be fine up to DSD64 but could struggle beyond that.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #327 of 701
I am - the integration with Roon works as expected. Unfortunately, the Qobuz library just doesn't line up well with my preferences, so will be dropping it and sticking with Tidal.
Thank you for your input.
I've been hesitant to try the free Qobuz trial as I don't want to cause any bad reaction to my Roon + Tidal library.
I'm very happy with both right now, so I think I'll stay right where I am.

Mar 10, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #328 of 701
Thank you for your input.
I've been hesitant to try the free Qobuz trial as I don't want to cause any bad reaction to my Roon + Tidal library.
I'm very happy with both right now, so I think I'll stay right where I am.

Glad to help.

I don’t think there is much/any chance that the Qobuz trial would impact your existing library, so if you’re curious, give it a go. The setup is the same as Tidal - just enter your account and password. As long as you don’t mark anything from Qobuz as the preferred version of content, it should leave no footprint.

Mar 11, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #330 of 701
I am - the integration with Roon works as expected. Unfortunately, the Qobuz library just doesn't line up well with my preferences, so will be dropping it and sticking with Tidal.

Which music did you find missing in Qobuz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back