1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Roon is live

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by 7ryder, May 13, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23
Next

Last
  1. Chikolad
    True

2. cj3209
    I have Roon at my home MacBook as my core and I sometimes use my iPad to listen to roon in another room. I use a Hugo 2, connected to the iPad. Does anyone know if the SQ from the roon-iPad is the same as roon-core/Macbook? I notice a slight drop in SQ on the iPad but this may be my brain bias.

BTW, the sound coming from both MacBook and iPad via roon is out of this world using the H2 and i4.

Thanks, in advance.

Joon

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  3. bearFNF Contributor
    the packets being sent would be the same but the endpoints will affect the outcome, so yeah the SQ will be affected.
    If you hear a difference believe in your ears. I guess it boils down to whether you "like" the sound or not.

4. ostewart
  5. cj3209
    I think some people may not understand why Roon is so much better than iTunes or some other music application. I used it initially to manage my music files which was all over the place and this was something I couldn't do with iTunes or other applications: they couldn't organize my music from the mess it was.

It's so much fun to use as well and makes listening to music more enjoyable. The integration with Tidal is also better than using Tidal, by itself.

swspiers, lcasadonte and ostewart like this.
  6. cj3209
    Wow. No posts since June? Is everyone enjoying music via Roon? Anyone try/demo the new Nucleus/Nucleus+ ?

TIDAL MQA via Roon and iPad/H2 is really really good.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  7. pedalhead Contributor
    Using Roon every day, love it. Nucleus is a nice solution for people with the money who don't want the hassle of setting up their own streamer/end point, but there are far better value options out there imho.

8. cj3209
    My biggest problem with Roon is that I have to connect my external hard drive to my core (MBP) and run Roon. Then my endpoints can work. I wish I could just turn on my endpoint (iPad Pro) and starting listening but I have to fire up my MBP first, every time. That's why I'm looking into the Nucleus to see if it can be an always-on Roon Core.

9. bearFNF Contributor
    You could save some $$ and build your own with a NUC...

10. pedalhead Contributor
    Yup, just build a NUC for a fraction of the price of a Nucleus. Mine stays on 24/7 no issues.

11. maninthehighcastle
    Are there any plans on supporting Qobuz? Rumors are saying that tidal is very much a loss business. Who knows how long they will make. Without Tidal Roon wouldn't make sense to me personally.

12. Whazzzup
    Antipodes DX roon core, yum.

13. pedalhead Contributor
    The Roon guys have recently stated that they're "talking to Qobuz". About time Qobuz came around tbh as they were being pretty stubborn about following their own (inferior) solution. If Qobuz gets properly embedded into Roon personally I'll drop Tidal in a flash.

Oscar-HiFi likes this.
  14. Mediahound
    Qobuz was not available in the USA until only very recently.

15. pedalhead Contributor
    Yes, I'm aware of that. Nevertheless, Roon have been attempting to court Qobuz for quite some time. A couple of years ago I spoke to a Qobuz rep at a show and apparently the new Qobuz CEO wasn't interested and was pushing for their own solution, despite the consensus within his company being in favour of Roon integration.

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23
Next

Last