Romi Audio - The official thread
Jul 8, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #693 of 928
How do you like the pairing with the Verite?
Fast pace, and authority sound... the warm VO seem more assertive (if my wording are correct to what I hear).

TBH, VO will sound more fluid on Tube AMP.. but ROMI give sense of authority almost like on DESK Amp setup..

edit :
just realize that Micro detail is more competent ... hahaha just realize that my desk top AMP is not to retrieval as ROMI...

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #694 of 928
Anyone know how the ROMI BX2 Plus would compare to the iFi Audio Diablo? I am considering the two.

Jul 8, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #695 of 928
Anyone know how the ROMI BX2 Plus would compare to the iFi Audio Diablo? I am considering the two.
I owned both and paired BX2-Plus with Chord Hugo 2, so hopefully this helps you. Both BX2-Plus and Diablo are power houses, but they differ in their tonality. Diablo sounded very warm (not dark) and compared to BX2-Plus it presented vocals unnaturally to my ears. I liked BX2-Plus much more, as Hugo 2's vocals were kept, so the overall presentation stayed very natural. If you want one device for 1k that does it all (MQA if you care about it, super powerful amplifier, V/U shaped tonality) then you should get iFi Diablo. However, if you value transparency and natural timbre, then BX-2 Plus with a good sounding DAC will give you better results. Mind you, Hugo 2 + BX2-Plus was like 3k together. Is it 3 times better than Diablo? Of course not, BUT I did not want my DAC/AMP limit the genre I listened to (I do fine adjusting with the headphones I buy, for source and amplification I want transparency over anything else).

As far as build quality - Diablo has very plasticky switches I would worry that long term I would break. Both run out of battery, both are decently portable (BX2-Plus is surprisingly light, but account for DAC and you have 2 devices, so most likely heavier together). It depends on what you want and have as a source already - if you have a favourite DAP that sounds good, but is underpowered, I would recommend you BX2-Plus. On the used market, it can be had for 600 USD (I sold mine for 450 EUR).

Diablo's MQA implementation is a bit weird, not sure if you care about MQA, but I wanted to point it out for transparency. I had issues with Roon playing Tidal songs, that unpacked to more than 96kHz, they just started skipping or stuttering, wasn't fun and I had to explicitly disable MQA processing in Roon to work around this. So if you are big on MQA, check Diablo's thread and ask owners if they have issues with it in Roon.

As far as channel imbalance on lower volume levels, BOTH Diablo and BX2-Plus had one channel playing louder then the other one at around 7 o'clock. The problem went away after 8-9 o clock. I lied that BX2-Plus on/off button is a separate button, where as Diablo has it integrated to its volume control as lower-position click.

Hope this helps you!

Jul 8, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #696 of 928
I owned both and paired BX2-Plus with Chord Hugo 2, so hopefully this helps you. Both BX2-Plus and Diablo are power houses, but they differ in their tonality. Diablo sounded very warm (not dark) and compared to BX2-Plus it presented vocals unnaturally to my ears. I liked BX2-Plus much more, as Hugo 2's vocals were kept, so the overall presentation stayed very natural. If you want one device for 1k that does it all (MQA if you care about it, super powerful amplifier, V/U shaped tonality) then you should get iFi Diablo. However, if you value transparency and natural timbre, then BX-2 Plus with a good sounding DAC will give you better results. Mind you, Hugo 2 + BX2-Plus was like 3k together. Is it 3 times better than Diablo? Of course not, BUT I did not want my DAC/AMP limit the genre I listened to (I do fine adjusting with the headphones I buy, for source and amplification I want transparency over anything else).

As far as build quality - Diablo has very plasticky switches I would worry that long term I would break. Both run out of battery, both are decently portable (BX2-Plus is surprisingly light, but account for DAC and you have 2 devices, so most likely heavier together). It depends on what you want and have as a source already - if you have a favourite DAP that sounds good, but is underpowered, I would recommend you BX2-Plus. On the used market, it can be had for 600 USD (I sold mine for 450 EUR).

Diablo's MQA implementation is a bit weird, not sure if you care about MQA, but I wanted to point it out for transparency. I had issues with Roon playing Tidal songs, that unpacked to more than 96kHz, they just started skipping or stuttering, wasn't fun and I had to explicitly disable MQA processing in Roon to work around this. So if you are big on MQA, check Diablo's thread and ask owners if they have issues with it in Roon.

As far as channel imbalance on lower volume levels, BOTH Diablo and BX2-Plus had one channel playing louder then the other one at around 7 o'clock. The problem went away after 8-9 o clock. I lied that BX2-Plus on/off button is a separate button, where as Diablo has it integrated to its volume control as lower-position click.

Hope this helps you!
Thanks! This is very helpful.

Jul 8, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #697 of 928
Curious if any of you have tried the BX-2 Plus with the Dunu Zen. On low gain there is zero hiss. On high Gain there is a slight hiss but the sound quality is far better on high gain and that's what I've been using. Much more vibrant, punchy and articulate. I wish there was a middle position for gain. Maybe trying a different cable might help. Opinions?

Jul 8, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #698 of 928
Curious if any of you have tried the BX-2 Plus with the Dunu Zen. On low gain there is zero hiss. On high Gain there is a slight hiss but the sound quality is far better on high gain and that's what I've been using. Much more vibrant, punchy and articulate. I wish there was a middle position for gain. Maybe trying a different cable might help. Opinions?
I have the Dunu Zen with the original cable and the DX300 DAP. I use the BX-2+ with my HD820 and my Focal headsets. Don't think that I would use the Zen with the BX-2 at all since the DX300 has the new AMP12 with decent power output.

Jul 9, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #699 of 928
Soooooo - This is my try to review the Romi Audio Encryption Series cable named Zero aka 零 - or just short "Zero" cable:
https://www.romiaudio.com/product-page/encryption-series-zero-aka-零

I listen with my Focal Stellia and my LPGT ti (portable endgame!). The Zero is terminated with a 4.4 mm plug so I could test the DAPs balanced out. Thanks to my friend @F700 who told me months ago that this is a true flagship cable :beerchug:

The Zero should have been a complimentary cable to another flagship cable I had (UPOCC Silver/Palladium cable from Arctic Cables in single end termination, which I bought for $ 1700.- back then), but when I compared those two cables, I immediately knew that I would sell my other cable and keep the Zero from Romi Audio. It´s not that the single end out of my LPGT ti is worse than the balanced out, rather in the contrary, where the single end should be even better for headphones, because the Lotoo engineers gathered even more juice in the se out than in the balanced out, which is very unusual nowadays where all the balanced outs sound superior.
So I did expect the balanced out to sound inferior because it has less current. But it didn´t, at least not with the Zero cable, which in fact sounds "like coming home". Really. It was that great. I also tested the se out with an adapter (from DD-Hifi) to doublecheck. And still found the Zero cable to be audible better IMHO. Though TBH, if I would only have a warm sounding DAP, I would have kept both :wink:

For those who aren´t familiar with the LPGT ti: It is a fairly neutral DAP. Maybe the most neutral out there.

The Zero cable is not a cheap cable by all means and very unique in its looks but in my opinion it is worth every penny (they have some special deals from time to time, so have a lookout if you want to save money).

The Stellia sounded more open than every other cable I heard (copper cable, pure silver cable, palladium plated silver cable). I don´t know how those genius engineers of Romi Audio pulled that off but the sound is so wonderfully round and at the same time very clear (but not overdone), that I had to re-listen all my favorite albums. Very immersive. Very "complete". Also with that deeply black background it is such a joy.

The cable itself comes in a beautiful leather bag and is very pliable. No microphonics to be heard. The craftmanship is perfect. All the plugs fit nicely. It has a very nice chin-slider, too (as you can see in my pics down below).

The bass is just there. Not exaggerated. Just right. Bass guitars and doublebass sound real and punchy and full.
Mids are clean but meaty. Everything is present, as it should be. Vocals sound pleasing. Not too upfront, not too in the back. As I can hear it, they have the perfect spot.
Highs are crazy extended for a copper cable (found not much info on their website: 7N occ, silver plated shielding). But at the same time I hear not the tiniest piercing. The highs just sound lifelike and are not overdone. As a former drummer I can confirm that cymbals sound 100% correct (as does the kick drum) :)

And there is also a 3D like sound I never heard before with the Stellia headphones and thought it wouldn´t be possible with closed backs.

I am really picky when it comes to cables where I have heard silver cables in the past that are not much better than the stock cables. But I really can´t find something bad about the Zero cable. Sure, you have to like its colors (I personally LOVE them because they give the luxury Stellia look a kind of a refined DIY attachment that brings its appearance down to earth and also feels a bit retro). So they might fit with one headphone but not with another. But other than that? If you have the funds, I can heartily recommend this cable to get your headphones (or IEMs) an upgrade you certainly won´t regret.

And here are some pics I made with my new camera, which I also love :wink:

You find ROMI Audio Cables Zero Good? That's not even their flagship, they've got an even better one, Realize 悟. 1780USD for the IEM 2Pin or MMCX. Way more holographic, and 3D, with a very slammy bass. Perhaps you could try this one after ridding your Arctic Cables.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #700 of 928
You find ROMI Audio Cables Zero Good? That's not even their flagship, they've got an even better one, Realize 悟. 1780USD for the IEM 2Pin or MMCX. Way more holographic, and 3D, with a very slammy bass. Perhaps you could try this one after ridding your Arctic Cables.
Well, I am saving up for the arctic cables flagship, that costs even a grand more!
But thanks for the tip with the Realize, I already got one in :wink:

Edit: And I don’t think a cable in that category is „better“ only because it’s more expensive. It’s rather the question with which headphones and with which DAP or source it has a good synergy. And it happens that the Zero cable has a PERFECT synergy with my Stellia and LPGT ti 👍

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #701 of 928

Hope this helps you!: "
Just wondering if anyone has experience with using the 3.5mm unbalanced input on the BX2-plus and output on the 4.4mm balanced port? The Romi Audio site stated :"when unbalance input , will auto switch to balanced output". Reason for asking is that I plan to output streaming Radio Paradice MQA from the new Bluesound Node (2021) 3.5mm headphone port to the 3.5mm BX2-plus input port. Want to output using the 4.5mm balanced port to my Focal Radiance and HD820 headphones .

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #702 of 928
Just wondering if anyone has experience with using the 3.5mm unbalanced input on the BX2-plus and output on the 4.4mm balanced port? The Romi Audio site stated :"when unbalance input , will auto switch to balanced output". Reason for asking is that I plan to output streaming Radio Paradice MQA from the new Bluesound Node (2021) 3.5mm headphone port to the 3.5mm BX2-plus input port. Want to output using the 4.5mm balanced port to my Focal Radiance and HD820 headphones .
Sometimes I do , a few headphones are 3.5.

Jul 14, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #703 of 928
hi. do you guys have link for romi audio aliexpress store? thanks

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #705 of 928
That’s how I used it. Hugo 2 with 3.5mm to BX2-Plus driving my headphones via 4.4mm balanced.
Many thanks for the verification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back