Romi Audio - The official thread
Jul 15, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #706 of 928
That’s how I used it. Hugo 2 with 3.5mm to BX2-Plus driving my headphones via 4.4mm balanced.
Same here, although I also use the 2.5mm balanced output.

Jul 16, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #707 of 928
Many thanks for the verification.
I just received the new 2021 Bluesound Node. My use case is purely for Radio Paradise MQA streams. Have three of them on presets. Using IEMs and headphones via the 3.5mm port on the front. Headphones output to a Romi amp (3.5 to 3.5) and amp output via 4.4mm balanced to headphones (Focal Radiance and HD820. So far quite please with sound quality. Will be upgrading ethernet and 3.5mm patch cable next week.

Jul 17, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #709 of 928
Probably my imagination but it seems to me the 2.5 mm and 4.4 mm balanced outputs sound slightly different. Anyone else notice that or should I just check myself in for a mental evaluation?
tl;dr I don’t hear a meaningful difference

I’m comparing w/ this chain:

dx-200 (coax out) ==> Hugo2 (3.5mm SE out) ==> BX2+ ==> HEKse (2.5mm terminated Lavricables Grand w/ Cayin 2.5-to-4.4 adapter)

Overall, I would say ‘I-dent-ical!’

On a few tunes I thought maybe I heard a little wider headstage from 4.4 out, but could never hear it consistently enough to be sure it wasn’t just an artifact of switching, and I actually thought I heard it the other way a couple times.

Other than that, I heard no difference.

I also tried w/ Utopia and Auteur from the same chain with the same results.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #710 of 928
tl;dr I don’t hear a meaningful difference

I’m comparing w/ this chain:

dx-200 (coax out) ==> Hugo2 (3.5mm SE out) ==> BX2+ ==> HEKse (2.5mm terminated Lavricables Grand w/ Cayin 2.5-to-4.4 adapter)

Overall, I would say ‘I-dent-ical!’

On a few tunes I thought maybe I heard a little wider headstage from 4.4 out, but could never hear it consistently enough to be sure it wasn’t just an artifact of switching, and I actually thought I heard it the other way a couple times.

Other than that, I heard no difference.

I also tried w/ Utopia and Auteur from the same chain with the same results.
I also agree with this..
a side u believed in burn in or not, but solder also need time to break, how long the break in.. I also dunno.. but just enjoy the ride..
20210722_094954.jpg

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #711 of 928
I also agree with this..
a side u believed in burn in or not, but solder also need time to break, how long the break in.. I also dunno.. but just enjoy the ride..
At first I thought this picture showed two BX-2's side by side. Being used as a monoblocks? What the.....? Closer look and now it makes sense

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #712 of 928
Hi there, I am selling my Romi BX2+ in the classified section. Don't hesitate to check it, if you are interested.

Jul 27, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #713 of 928
When I purchased my BX-2+ I also purchase the leather case. Up till now the case is still in the package it came in. It seems with the case on that the amp would run even hotter than it already does. Of course when I'm carrying it with me it would shield me from the heat. Just want to verify it can't run so hot as to be dangerous to its longevity. Opinions please?

Jul 27, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #714 of 928
When I purchased my BX-2+ I also purchase the leather case. Up till now the case is still in the package it came in. It seems with the case on that the amp would run even hotter than it already does. Of course when I'm carrying it with me it would shield me from the heat. Just want to verify it can't run so hot as to be dangerous to its longevity. Opinions please?
Have not found a heat problem with the case when indoors usage.

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #715 of 928
Have not found a heat problem with the case when indoors usage.
I have had amps kick in their heat protection before, but never BX-2+.

Jul 27, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #716 of 928
I never have experienced any extreme heat coming from the BX2+ with the case. It runs a bit hot, yes, but it's normal. My now sold Phatlab Chimera, without any case, ran hotter (because of the tubes obviously).

Jul 27, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #719 of 928
I just assumed that, honestly don't know. But Hugo 2 for example shuts down when over heated.
Maybe I will send them an email and ask. I do use mine outside and if it's an 85 to 90° day already, plus it's in a waist pouch (do people still call them fanny packs?) and then the sun comes down on it a bit sure it's getting pretty hot. Even without the leather case

Jul 30, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #720 of 928
Anyone moving on up from their BX2-Plus - please PM me.
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back