Romi Audio - The official thread
Nov 27, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #917 of 928
I just picked up a 2nd hand BX2, and am using it currently with some Rn6 IEMs and noticed there’s a kind of hiss noise that’s created whenever I adjust the volume- does that happen for anyone else or is there some kind of defect? It only happens when I turn the volume pot.

The sound is fine otherwise- although wish there was a middle gain option (high has hiss with my IEMs but low is a bit under for out of my modded WM1A).

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #918 of 928
Which version of the BX2 do you have?

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #920 of 928
The original straight BX2 (not BX2 plus).
Ok, unfortunately I did not have it, only the BX2Plus and now the Pro. It looks like a defect to
me, as the three other Romi amps I had or have are dead silent when changing the volume.

Did the seller tell you about this issue? Probably not…Let’s be honest, even if you can live with such an inconvenience, it’s a major issue to be addressed to the buyer. Did you buy it here on Head-Fi?

Nov 27, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #921 of 928
They didn’t- and it was on eBay. It seems like the interference doesn’t happen if I hold the case while turning the volume. It’s not a huge deal, I’ll probably replace the BX2 at some point- it’s quiet with the IEMs otherwise on low gain.

Nov 27, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #922 of 928
They didn’t- and it was on eBay. It seems like the interference doesn’t happen if I hold the case while turning the volume. It’s not a huge deal, I’ll probably replace the BX2 at some point- it’s quiet with the IEMs otherwise on low gain.
That sounds like a grounding issue. Are both devices running in battery when showing this issue, or are they connected to an outlet/usb?

Nov 27, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #923 of 928
Unfortunately both in battery.

I’m now wondering if there’s another issue with it- I’ve got it plugged in to charge (power switch is off) and there’s no battery lights showing? Couldn’t find a manual but found something that suggested an LED should blink while its charging.

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #924 of 928
Unfortunately both in battery.

I’m now wondering if there’s another issue with it- I’ve got it plugged in to charge (power switch is off) and there’s no battery lights showing? Couldn’t find a manual but found something that suggested an LED should blink while its charging.
ok, time to share the love about that seller on ebay. I know a way to
have it fixed btw. This discussion goes on PM, if you want to go that route.

Dec 22, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #925 of 928
Can someone knock some sense into me (or not lol). I have a pair of LCDi4 with a qudelix and a topping nx7. The qudelix is honestly the best i DAC ever heard at any price point simply for the fact that i can perfect the tonality of any headphone to exactly my preference. Its in a different universe from gear matching, which is impossible to get so accurate. I am in absolute love with the combination, but the nx7 is just a stethoscope of my souce. It cant hide the fact that its still a saber dac, and i can tell there is a tiny though much lesser (because of the perfect tonality) digital sound to it. People keep saying over and over that the i4s will just continue to scale with power, so i ask for any advance on two premises.

1. Do you think the extra power over the nx7 would be beneficial to the i4s (if you have other audeze products then chime in also)?,

2. Would you say the BX2 more refined and smooth delivery of its sonic performance can mask the digitalness of the source better from experience with saber daps or dacs?

I know i can get a fiio instead like the q15, but ive never liked fiios more rounded and heavly smoothed over sound. I cant use a dap or player either because they dont work eeith tidal offline, its not global PEQ. The qudelix doesnt have those problems, its literal only quam is that slight digital nature, in evey other regard it is the best of any dac regardless of price point, because of the PEQ adjustments to taste. Do you think the BX2 will welp with that or do you believe its impossible to change that aspect?

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #927 of 928
Cayin C9. No way Cayin C9 can ever compete with LessFox amps. Cayin C9 is more of a fun flavouring tool rather than true sound quality.
Well, my experience with the Cayin C9 is nothing but splendid.
Paired with the HiBy RS8 and Monarch MK3/Meze Empyrean 2 is a wonderful combination.
To my ears this is TRUE sound quality, it even tops some desktop combinations.

Apr 12, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #928 of 928
Well, my experience with the Cayin C9 is nothing but splendid.
Paired with the HiBy RS8 and Monarch MK3/Meze Empyrean 2 is a wonderful combination.
To my ears this is TRUE sound quality, it even tops some desktop combinations.
Enjoy it! I had a C9 and loved it too. The C9 mk2 is coming this year, let’s see how it will compete vs. the C9. Love Cayin amps, love R🤩mi amps too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back