Romi Audio - The official thread
May 6, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #662 of 928
Do you find significant difference in term of SQ, when plug Line In from SE and TRRS ???
Theres a big difference between 3.5 and 4.4 with the N8.

May 6, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #664 of 928
hmm.. using via Tube > BX2Plus , will be double amp ???
Can do line out , but on paper and real life double amping is not always bad. Actually two great amps is better than one good weak amp.

May 6, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #665 of 928
UPS tracking says mine is on the truck and will be delivered today. Can't wait. Surprisingly when Romi responded to my email they said no need to fully charge before using. Actually I knew it wouldn't be necessary but thought maybe it was kind of a suggested thing but that's not the case

May 14, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #666 of 928
Anyone heard from Romi Audio lately? I have sent several emails regarding a defective BX2+ since April 18th but got no response at all. I have sent my 2nd defective BX2+ unit back to them (arrived at their UK store a week ago) and haven’t got any word from Johnny so far. The first unit I got had channel imbalance no matter the volume setting and got replaced. But the 2nd unit had contact problems on right channel on all 3 output ports. It’s been over 2 months since the original purchase, paid return shipping to UK from US twice and so far haven’t got any joy out of it.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #667 of 928
I just ordered one in Aliexpress instead of a iFi Diablo. It gives me some doubt about the opportunity of my final choice. Possibility of impaired balance is an issue that I was not aware of.

May 14, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #668 of 928
I just ordered one in Aliexpress instead of a iFi Diablo. It gives me some doubt about the opportunity of my final choice. Possibility of impaired balance is an issue that I was not aware of.
Well no product is 100% without one faulty unit. My two amps are in great shape.

May 14, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #669 of 928
I liked the BX2+. It could even drive the Susvara to some degree of satisfaction as a portable system. See my brief impression earlier in this thread. Too bad I had encountered 2 defective units consecutively. And having to send them back internationally doesn’t help either.

May 14, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #670 of 928
Well no product is 100% without one faulty unit. My two amps are in great shape.

I hope I will get a trouble free amp ...as ordering on Aliexpress is more or less a gamble regarding warranty matters. I knew that when I ordered it last week.

May 14, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #671 of 928
I owned both Diablo and BX-2 Plus and both had channel imbalance at the lowest volume levels. However, this went away once I went up to my preferred loudness no channel imbalance was present on either of amplifiers. So unless your device is broken (which can happen to any company) you should be fine.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #672 of 928
I liked the BX2+. It could even drive the Susvara to some degree of satisfaction as a portable system. See my brief impression earlier in this thread. Too bad I had encountered 2 defective units consecutively. And having to send them back internationally doesn’t help either.
Every thread I seen one buyer encountering multiple issues with a product. Hope good luck goes your way.

May 14, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #673 of 928
I got mine about a week ago and so far so good. Can't comment about warranty work but whenever I've had a question they've always gotten back with me in less than a day. I noticed their website is showing prices in British pounds instead of Hong Kong dollars. I wonder if they have any recent move to a new location or something. Still, emails should get returned quickly no matter what

May 14, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #675 of 928
I got mine about a week ago and so far so good. Can't comment about warranty work but whenever I've had a question they've always gotten back with me in less than a day. I noticed their website is showing prices in British pounds instead of Hong Kong dollars. I wonder if they have any recent move to a new location or something. Still, emails should get returned quickly no matter what
I certainly understand the possibility of any product having occasional defects. Haven’t heard from them for almost a month now with multiple emails sent in between. Especially since the returned unit has been delivered to them a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back