Roll Call for Team AKG
Sep 20, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #662 of 1,537

Quote:
The closet is mostly empty, since I sold most of it. I'm too poor to go nuts in several hobbies at once, so the money goes to Serial Experiments Lain merch/swag now.
tongue_smile.gif

I only have one pair of K1000s left. I did make some minor modifications to the drivers, so sometimes I want a stock pair of the same vintage to compare against, but I'm happy with it by itself.
smily_headphones1.gif

is that an AKG lighted sign in the pic?

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #665 of 1,537

Quote:
Akg702 here powered by a GS Novo and the source is the crazy QA-350 wav player. Sounds awesome, though.

A tip .... GS Solo sounds better than GS Novo with AKG K/Q/701/702
Make a test
smily_headphones1.gif

(I tested both!)

Sep 24, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #669 of 1,537

Serial Experiments Lain instead of AKG's? ... I might nned to watch that anime soonish

it's a really great anime. you should like it if your into psychological anime. i love watching abstract,mystery and psychological anime. keeps my brain pretty active and i'm just attracted to complex and abstract things as well. i find that stuff fascinating.

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #671 of 1,537

Quote:
it's a really great anime. you should like it if your into psychological anime. i love watching abstract,mystery and psychological anime. keeps my brain pretty active and i'm just attracted to complex and abstract things as well. i find that stuff fascinating.

my favorite kind, I am def. getting it soon. watching FMA:Brotherhood now

Question: I want a comfortable headphone to game on. has to have huge soundstage, the rest doesnt really matter as long as it doesnt suck. strong bass impact would be nice too. and I plan to add it a microphone. I was thinking ATH AD700, Senn HD598 and K501, never heard the K501.

1. would it fit this criteria?
2. does it have enough room to add a microphone? pref, detachable mic. the only place I can thing of is the part where the headband joins the cups, if it is like the K601, it looks like it have room enough.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #672 of 1,537

Quote:
The closet is mostly empty, since I sold most of it. I'm too poor to go nuts in several hobbies at once, so the money goes to Serial Experiments Lain merch/swag now.
tongue_smile.gif

I only have one pair of K1000s left. I did make some minor modifications to the drivers, so sometimes I want a stock pair of the same vintage to compare against, but I'm happy with it by itself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ha ha ha ha, I love lain, also lain  in a bear suit...wait, da*n couldn't find that picture. I was gonna ask if you had any of the K500 pads left, as mine are in disrepair...

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #673 of 1,537

Quote:
my favorite kind, I am def. getting it soon. watching FMA:Brotherhood now

Question: I want a comfortable headphone to game on. has to have huge soundstage, the rest doesnt really matter as long as it doesnt suck. strong bass impact would be nice too. and I plan to add it a microphone. I was thinking ATH AD700, Senn HD598 and K501, never heard the K501.

1. would it fit this criteria?
2. does it have enough room to add a microphone? pref, detachable mic. the only place I can thing of is the part where the headband joins the cups, if it is like the K601, it looks like it have room enough.

Get the AD700 or 900*much much better* the K501's have the biggest sound stage I have heard other than the HD800/LCD2's. Try the XB700, they have a very large and pretty accurate soundstage for gaming and the bass is...well an XB headphone. the K501's have zero bass.

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #675 of 1,537

Serial Experiments Lain instead of AKG's? ... I might nned to watch that anime soonish

That's one of my favorite anime's of all time, and I've seen a lot... Some may think it too slow but that's the point, its supposed to demonstrate the point, of how sad it is.

Also K702,Burson 160, Music streamer II+ reporting in for team AKG haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back