RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Oct 1, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #406 of 505
Quote:

They stayed on. After pressing reset, it'll turn off. 

Hmm. Can you try and reinstall the firmware and see if that fixes it? Here's the link. Follow the directions exactly as it says.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #408 of 505
Well if after attempting to do our troubleshooting and it still don't work maybe he can let the device completely drain and then see if he can get it to power on after that. Otherwise it may be RMA time. :frowning2:

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #411 of 505
Quote:
Well if after attempting to do our troubleshooting and it still don't work maybe he can let the device completely drain and then see if he can get it to power on after that. Otherwise it may be RMA time. :frowning2:

Maybe I could try and send it to the seller, see what he can do with it. 
Quote:
Don't know if it'll make a difference, but if there is an sd card installed, remove it and turn it on again

Already tried. :frowning2:

Quote:
Hmm. Can you try and reinstall the firmware and see if that fixes it? Here's the link. Follow the directions exactly as it says.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/587884/hisound-studio-rocoo-firmware-files

My PC won't recognize it, also tried the way on that page, it stops at the installing drivers page. 

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #412 of 505
Quote:
Soldier down, soldier down.
frown.gif

I need a Medic over here(shouting with BF2-style). :frowning2:

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #413 of 505
Does it go to install then say 'Device driver was not successfully installed'?

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #415 of 505
Yup, that's after I did all the reset and hold up button thing, which is about 10 minutes before this.

That usually happens when the connection is lost at some point during the device install, and an error from your computers end.

You need to open device manager and check for any exclamation marks, delete the driver then restart your laptop/PC.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Fdrivers%2F55647-device-driver-not-successfully-installed.html&ei=PmJpUMD7JsmSiAfgt4DgDw&usg=AFQjCNGIjjZHAj3H784GxgCCjPzYy5DG7Q&sig2=ww-AIRPQqmqQWX8yPrVqcg

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #417 of 505
Good idea. Or you could try the lazy way and plug it into a different USB port :wink:.

I think he said he tried several ports last page. lol. :wink: The problem is... once Windows ruins the device install once it won't correct itself until you reinstall the driver.

Considering he can't get any results from the player alone, I think the best option is getting back online to the PC then reinstall the firmware.

Let us pray. *hovers in mid air*

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #418 of 505
Guess I never quite ran into that problem. Because I have so many extra USB ports to use :p. Once in a great while I've gotten that error and just plug into a separate USB port to reinstall the driver because I am too lazy to delete the failed driver and do a restart :wink:.

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #419 of 505
Quote:
I think he said he tried several ports last page. lol.
wink.gif
The problem is... once Windows ruins the device install once it won't correct itself until you reinstall the driver.
Considering he can't get any results from the player alone, I think the best option is getting back online to the PC then reinstall the firmware.
Let us pray. *hovers in mid air*

The PC won't detect it at all now. Already emailed Hisoundaudio regarding this problem.  

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #420 of 505
To be very clear here on proceedure. Do a reset. Hold the up button while connecting to your pc. Don't turn it on first and there's no need to hit the center button 1st as is described elsewhere. You need to continually hold the up button during this and you have about 15 sec. It sometimes takes a few sec for the PC to react. If it's a duff install, even if it's there, it won't show up intill you open the installer and see if it locates it. It should then show up in my computer as a drive and you can then format it and continue the install. If it's recognized but not showing up as a drive in my computer check the format and erase boxes and install the FW.

If that doesn't work, just try a different PC with this method before you return it. The device driver may be messed up in your PC from an odd sequence. I've seen that before on various things so another PC may correct that.

The SOC they use is about as foolproof after a reset as they get. Should be hard to brick but Jack did say it wasn't impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back