RoCoo P DAP - Full Review
Jan 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #76 of 505

Quote:
Yeah I'd say this is mainly good to use with really good amps or amp with low impedance for IEMs. I don't find the sound to be muddied with the UHA4 and it makes the background dead silent with my sensitive IEMs.

i got to take my previous statement back. this thing sounds wonderful with pimeta!

previously i didn't set the volume of my rocoo P to max (or HDMS mode), for the sake of saving battery life. somehow this compromised the sound quality. but when i set the player to hdms mode, the studio-V is getting outclassed!

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #77 of 505
You can also amp your Rocoo-P with the Studio-V and see how this sounds 
wink_face.gif

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #78 of 505

Quote:
You can also amp your Rocoo-P with the Studio-V and see how this sounds 
wink_face.gif

i'm way ahead of you :p already tried that, i didn't feel any improvement over the internal rocoo P amplifier. lol

now i know pimeta is obviously a much more higher end amplifier. i'm curious how this amp stacks up against 2stepdance

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #79 of 505

Quote:
i got to take my previous statement back. this thing sounds wonderful with pimeta!

previously i didn't set the volume of my rocoo P to max (or HDMS mode), for the sake of saving battery life. somehow this compromised the sound quality. but when i set the player to hdms mode, the studio-V is getting outclassed!

Which FW did you use...have you already try the latest FW?

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #82 of 505

Quote:
did anyone know how to physically differentiate the ROCOO with ROCOO P?

or maybe the menu inside not the same?

They both have the same contorller chip, but RoCoo P comes with a separate amp section that is similar to that of Studio line.

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #84 of 505

Quote:
Which one sounded for you better ClieoOS, T51, or Rocoo P?

I kind of answered the same question before, but here is the answer again - T51 has a little more bass impact and more textured lower end. RoCoo P is a little cleaner and more detail on the top end. To me, they are pretty much on par when only SQ is concerned.

Jan 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #85 of 505
The clearest DAP I have ever tried, it beats my previous Hifiman 602/601 and Sony X1051 in term of transparencies, the only weakness so far it turns sennheiser HD-25 i II into bass polite cans :)

Jan 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #86 of 505

Quote:
The clearest DAP I have ever tried, it beats my previous Hifiman 602/601 and Sony X1051 in term of transparencies, the only weakness so far it turns sennheiser HD-25 i II into bass polite cans
smily_headphones1.gif

It all comes down to synergy as well. While my IE80s are a dream made in heaven with the Studio V its not the case with my FX700. Just too much clarity and it makes the music annoying. Now when using the 601 with my FX700 its a much better pairing.

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #87 of 505

Quote:
I kind of answered the same question before, but here is the answer again - T51 has a little more bass impact and more textured lower end. RoCoo P is a little cleaner and more detail on the top end. To me, they are pretty much on par when only SQ is concerned.

Thanks for your answer.

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #89 of 505
These definitely break in. I'm very happy with stock FW at this point, IEMs included. The top has opened up just enough where stock is preferred. It's also got more texture and the mids has lost that extra thickness. Really happy with this unit. It has a very non HFi type of presentation. Nice and natural without spectacular spotlighting or electronic glare while still informative. I suspect I could give it a run with an Ipod touch3/lod/amp but it would need to be an amp that cost as much as the retail Rocoo on it's own and then we run into my bulk issue. I wouldn't mind trying a Studio at some point but for me, the extra thickness isn't that appealing. Rocoo is a sweet spot for me.

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #90 of 505

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. Too bad I missed Studio V for 175$. Guess I'll settle down with Rocoo P. Will player handle 12 Ohm earphones without problems? Or there is going to be hiss?

You can use them fine but when there is no sound you will here some hiss for sure. Im experiencing it, with my vsonic gr06 that are rated as 24 ohm, to such a degree that im really considering buying one of those adapters. But with headphones with higher imp, in my case 60 something n over, the sound is perfect.

Great soundstage and the little sucker sure has some powaa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back