Rockbox'ed Sansa Fuze opinions?
Jul 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #93 of 122
Well, I have a very new Fuze v2, with firmware v.2.03.31A.  The latest RB bootloader says that it does not recognize the firmware, please use firmware version 2.03.31 or 2.03.33?  Tried several different attempts, but no go.  I assume this is part of why RB Fuze v2 is still labeled "Unstable"??

If anyone has successfully loaded RB on July 2010 version of Fuze firmware, please let me know your secret!

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #95 of 122

Quote:
are you using the correct .bin file instead of .zip for your bootloader ?

perhaps u might want to upgrade your sansa firmware to 2.03.33 before rockboxing it.

The bootloader file I downloaded from RB.org is "bootloader-fuzev2.sansa" -- it doesn't have a .bin extension, although it is probably a binary file -- it certainly isn't a .zip file.

The firmware it came with was 2.03.31 -- I updated to .33 prior to first attempt.

I'm going to try .26 firmware next and see how it goes.  If no, then I'll go back up to .31 or .33 firmware.

Jul 23, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #96 of 122
I'm happy to essentially say good-bye to the Sansa firmware experience.
Day 2 of my Rockbox experience, now I have the full USB support....so as long as player is powered on in RB when plugging into USB, no Sansa firmware pops up....and when I dis-connect, no more interminable, unavoidable database refreshes.

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #97 of 122

Quote:
Well, I have a very new Fuze v2, with firmware v.2.03.31A.  The latest RB bootloader says that it does not recognize the firmware, please use firmware version 2.03.31 or 2.03.33?  Tried several different attempts, but no go.  I assume this is part of why RB Fuze v2 is still labeled "Unstable"??

If anyone has successfully loaded RB on July 2010 version of Fuze firmware, please let me know your secret!

is your serial number BI 1004 CAHK? Because players with that serial numbers have different hardware than previous models and they wont work as of yet. i have one of these and i too was unable to rockbox :frowning2:

Jul 24, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #98 of 122
I RB'd my V2 Fuze now, and all I use is the "Bass/Treble" settings, plus "Stereo Width". The SQ really is quite better than I expected. Well worth the wait, and the battery life is better on a V2 than on the V1 Fuze:

Jul 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #99 of 122
Interesting. That may tempt me in getting a fuze v2 since the v1 I had didn't have that great battery. I do want to get a backup dap and the fuze could be one of the options as well as another clip+

Jul 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #100 of 122
I'm just waiting on a price drop for a 32gb microSD card to use the Fuze V2 full time,........it's great.
L3000.gif

Plus the load times are fantastic. If you have 2000 tracks on the Fuze it only takes seconds to load the tunes and start playing, while it takes quite awhile on my iPod 5.5G, or my CF modded Mini.

Really, the Fuze V2 is a breath of fresh air when RB'd, you'll really love it.

Jul 25, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #101 of 122

Quote:
I RB'd my V2 Fuze now, and all I use is the "Bass/Treble" settings, plus "Stereo Width". The SQ really is quite better than I expected. Well worth the wait, and the battery life is better on a V2 than on the V1 Fuze:

I ran a battery bench with my new-to-me V1, with crossfeed on, along with  replaygain with a little pre-amping, but no EQ, repeating a LAME V2 album,  and it ran for 16 hours and 4 minutes. Sure, I would like it to be better, but considering this particular player is approaching two years old, I don't think that's too shabby.

What's really impressive is that I did the same test with my Clip+, all settings the same, except this time EQ was enabled, and I was repeating  LAME V0 album.....and I got 13 hours out of it, which is definitely better than the Sansa firmware.

Jul 25, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #102 of 122
Make sure you choose 'custom' on the stereo configuration or else the stereo width does not take effect. Mine's @ 160%. Damn crossfeed and accommodation. I switch back to my main headphone setup without crossfeed and I have a bad case of HRTF (or lack of it) :frowning2:

Make sure you read the manual applicable to your Rockbox as it details every setting very well and what it does. 

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #104 of 122

Quote:
is your serial number BI 1004 CAHK? Because players with that serial numbers have different hardware than previous models and they wont work as of yet. i have one of these and i too was unable to rockbox :frowning2:

My model is BI 1004 CAAK, and apparently that model will take firmware older than 2.03.31 or 2.03.33.  

Quote (from Sansa Forum):
ATM we have already 3 players with the model number:
BI 1004 CAHK-8GB
that dont accept custom (RB-bootloader-patched) or older firmwares than 02.03.31. 
16x16_smiley-sad.gif

However,
BI  1004 CAAK-8GB
and older models (10 = year, 04 = month)
still accepts all firmware.

I also read on the Sansa Forum, that 2.03.26 firmware will accept RB, so I think I will down-grading to that and try loading RB.

Jul 31, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #105 of 122

Quote:
My model is BI 1004 CAAK, and apparently that model will take firmware older than 2.03.31 or 2.03.33.  

I also read on the Sansa Forum, that 2.03.26 firmware will accept RB, so I think I will down-grading to that and try loading RB.

This is the FW I downgraded to in order to install RB on my V2 Fuze - I haven't had an issue yet. I even used the RB Utility to install a newer build yesterday w/no issues what so ever.

Plus I now have a 16gb microSD card on the way - I just can't wait. Once it's here I'll use the Album Art Extractor for Rockbox v2 to set up my album art and I'se good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back