Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Oct 18, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #511 of 1,316
Hey guys just got my DX90 and thinking about rockboxing but I'm a newbie, can anyone tel me the differences between rockbox and stock firmware, currently I'm not enjoying the stock one as i find the UI terrible, can see a recently added playlist or import any list!!! also gap-less doesn't feel completely gap less, and i need more bass, but this could be as the device is still to be burned in.

I've never tried rock box so just wondering how easy it is to use and install, and the main differences.

Thanks

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #512 of 1,316
Installing Rockbox is just as easy as installing regular DX90 firmware. You get a lot of extra features with Rockbox - far too many to list here. Hop on over to Rockbox.org for complete details. Just in case you don't like Rockbox, it's really easy to boot into the original firmware or install the original firmware back on your DX90.

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #515 of 1,316
Thank you so much, worked flawlessly!!!!!!!! finally i know what the hype is about!!! Rockbox is amazing! Just need help with one thing, i dont like how i see track names in the form file names, can i see my database in tag form so all songs arranged by track name not file name? does anyone know how to get this, also how come only some of my album art appear? is there a setting i need to change?

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #516 of 1,316
  Thank you so much, worked flawlessly!!!!!!!! finally i know what the hype is about!!! Rockbox is amazing! Just need help with one thing, i dont like how i see track names in the form file names, can i see my database in tag form so all songs arranged by track name not file name? does anyone know how to get this, also how come only some of my album art appear? is there a setting i need to change?

Also when im listening to music, it goes to the main menu and i when hit next track as its in the menus, is there a way to make it stick to now playing?

Oct 20, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #517 of 1,316
Hi. Is there a way to make the simple EQ react better, I mean maybe like the stock EQ does? Two more questions : how must I do to compare the effects of the personalized EQ with the non personalized one, if not point by point ? Last question: did someone make a report about the burn in cable of the dx90 ? Which effect? How long to reach this effect? Thanks a lot. Danie'

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #518 of 1,316
i have a problem with my dx90.
i copied and paste all of my itunes songs in the folder of my memory card via usb.
after that, i cant find any songs anymore by artist after letter T. (those artists name including U, V, W X, Y, Z)
i dont know what's the real problem here.

1.  i kept deleting the memory card, and transferring it again.
2.  i kept on formatting the player hoping to arrange it by artist and find those who are missing from my copied and pasted songs, then to no avail, after a long wait of scanning the card, it still ends with the letter T artists.
3. i already formatted the card, the player itself to its original settings, then updated it, then rescan again, and in the end, some artists are still missing (which i easily find in my iphone). 

is this a firmware problem guys? i cant find some of my artist via MENU. :frowning2:
please HELP.

im using ITUNES, all songs are mp3s in 320kbps.
i edited some of them so that they are organised alphabetically.
but i cant find some artist.

i redid all of this twice already, and its time consuming really. :frowning2:

Oct 20, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #520 of 1,316
Hi. Is there a way to make the simple EQ react better, I mean maybe like the stock EQ does? Two more questions : how must I do to compare the effects of the personalized EQ with the non personalized one, if not point by point ? Last question: did someone make a report about the burn in cable of the dx90 ? Which effect? How long to reach this effect? Thanks a lot. Danie'

You have to save custom EQ with "Save EQ preset" option in Sound Settings. Then use "Browse EQ presets" to select whichever you want to use. It is good idea also to save the default preset and call it FLAT.cfg or something like that. By default saved EQ presets will be named eq001, eq002.cfg etc.

There is also option "Enable graphic EQ" - select YES. It could be a default, I'm not sure.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #521 of 1,316
reposting:

i have a problem with my dx90.
i copied and paste all of my itunes songs in the folder of my memory card via usb.
after that, i cant find any songs anymore by artist after letter T. (those artists name including U, V, W X, Y, Z)
i dont know what's the real problem here.

1.  i kept deleting the memory card, and transferring it again.
2.  i kept on formatting the player hoping to arrange it by artist and find those who are missing from my copied and pasted songs, then to no avail, after a long wait of scanning the card, it still ends with the letter T artists.
3. i already formatted the card, the player itself to its original settings, then updated it, then rescan again, and in the end, some artists are still missing (which i easily find in my iphone). 

is this a firmware problem guys? i cant find some of my artist via MENU. :frowning2:
please HELP.

im using ITUNES, all songs are mp3s in 320kbps.
i edited some of them so that they are organised alphabetically.
but i cant find some artist.

i redid all of this twice already, and its time consuming really. :frowning2:

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #522 of 1,316

It's really weird. How many folders do you have?
Also I'd try another theme.

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #523 of 1,316
if everything after T is missing, assuming the files are being copied in alphabetical order, it sounds like the card isnt large enough for your quantity of files.

have you tried just copying artists in the U to V range onto your card and seeing if they appear on the device?

Oct 21, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #524 of 1,316
@pinoyman

Try to max out the capacity of your SD Card. Then copy all that on your SD Card content back to your hard disk. If there is a problem for doing that, or if the content is corrupt in the process, you have a defective SD Card or a fake one (false capacity). I bet on that.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #525 of 1,316
How do I return to the database from the now playing screen? When pressing the top part it redirects me to the main menu and it does the same with the power button. Also, is it possible to have the buttons function the way they do in the default mango player? I don't like to use the hold switch to turn off the screen and I want to use the play and skip buttons for playing and skipping, not for scrolling and selecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back