Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Feb 12, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #646 of 1,316
1. Does official rb git contain Headwhacker's latest patches? Or it is just android/arm build configuration as we used before?
2. Russian community users reported display never goes sleep and only backlight turns off. Can anyone confirm this?

A lot of things changed/added on official RB git compared to the latest build posted here. Looks like most of the performance patches has been added in the official repository plus the code has been re-arranged to make it clean. Further enhancements should be continued from there. 

As for the backlight/sleep, my build also prevents DX90 from going to sleep and only turns off the backlight. I found that when DX90 goes to sleep it is prone to crackling noise. There is no battery life hit doing this from my test. It shows the backlight consumes more energy than the rest of the system.

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #647 of 1,316
I had to fix one byte (!) in rockbox to enable sound on DX90 :)

Binaries: http://napych.com/other/rockbox-for-ibasso-dx90/official-rockbox-binary-builds/

Please note: that's official rockbox port, so it doesn't yet have some nice features and fixes implemented by Headwhacker. But some new features are implemented, for example setting of CPU freq governor, USB mode (Mass storage, charge only, adb), etc. etc.

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #648 of 1,316
I forgot to mention: with official rockbox, all your themes, fonts, etc. should go to .rockbox folder (please note first character of folder name is a dot).

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #649 of 1,316
  I had to fix one byte (!) in rockbox to enable sound on DX90 :)

Binaries: http://napych.com/other/rockbox-for-ibasso-dx90/official-rockbox-binary-builds/

Please note: that's official rockbox port, so it doesn't yet have some nice features and fixes implemented by Headwhacker. But some new features are implemented, for example setting of CPU freq governor, USB mode (Mass storage, charge only, adb), etc. etc.

Great to hear.
What about the dualboot app, this also worked straight out of the box?

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #656 of 1,316
  Guys, as far as I understand, rockbox can only minimize back light of the screen and can't power it off (as Mango does)? Will it be ever fixed?

~7 hours

That is just about the same life I get both on Mango and RB with the stock battery. FYI, the backlight minimizes to 0 (total dark) the system (lcd) just don't go to sleep and does not consume much power when I tested this before. 

I found that when the system goes to sleep state crackling noise is audible (while music is playing) when the system wake up.

Did you actually test the battery life between RB and Mango?

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #657 of 1,316

That is just about the same life I get both on Mango and RB with the stock battery. FYI, the backlight minimizes to 0 (total dark) the system (lcd) just don't go to sleep and does not consume much power when I tested this before. 

I found that when the system goes to sleep state crackling noise is audible (while music is playing) when the system wake up.

Did you actually test the battery life between RB and Mango?

Yes, I do. In Mango I have 8 hours, in RB - 7.

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #659 of 1,316
For first, a test should be perforemed by some independent people. Run time of Mango vs Rockbox.
If rockbox runs less than mango, I'll investigate, but I guess it's not screen related.
Of course, tests should be performed with fresh builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back