Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Jan 18, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #631 of 1,316
  I have most of my music files on a 128 gb microsd card, however I also have a few files on the dx90's internal storage. Eventually, I will have more music on another microsd, plugged into the USB via OTG.

When I am browsing through my music, using the "database" option - where I can browse by the subheading categories such as "artist", "album artist", "album", "genre", etc. etc. - I only see the music that is stored on my microsd card. The music that is in the internal memory is not showing up in the "database"

In order to access the music that is stored in the dx90 internal memory, I need to go into "files" and then choose the music from the files subheadings.  

My question is, is there any way to integrate the music from my microsd card, the internal memory (and eventually from another card plugged into the USB via OTG) so that all the music shows up under "database"? It would be great to have an integrated list to select from, instead of having to look in each separate storage place.

Thanks for any guidance.

Is this with Rockbox or Lurker's firmware? Have you updated the DB recently?

I have this same issue, using the most recent version of Rockbox & 2.1.5 L2.  For some reason Rockbox seems to prevent my internal memory's files from showing up in the normal song list.  I'd be interested in a solution.  I'm not sure what you mean by updated the database, though, since I only installed very recently.  I still don't have a clue what I'm doing with Rockbox so I tend to leave it alone.

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #633 of 1,316
Is this with Rockbox or Lurker's firmware? Have you updated the DB recently?

I'm using Rockbox, and would like to know how to combine the files from my different storage sources into one database.

I did update the database just before posting this question, but this brings up another question:  I could not figure out how to update the database using Rockbox. So, I went to Mango (Lurker's) and updated the database there, and then went back to Rockbox, to use the database. This is when I found that the database in Rockbox only showed the files from my microsd, and not the files on the internal memory.

If you could also tell me how to update the database using Rockbox, that would also be helpful.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #634 of 1,316
Rockbox and Mango do not share the database.
See how to include both memory:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/709855/rockbox-for-ibasso-dx50-cwm-recovery-latest-update-2014-09-15/1260#post_11047859

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #636 of 1,316
Hey Guys, just got my DX90 today, followed the instructions on the first page and now the player is not working!!!! If I try to boot it normally it gets stuck on the DX90 iBasso Audio DAP page, if I try to boot it into Rockbox, I can tell the screen is on but nothing ever shows up. Please help!!! I hope i didn't just brick my player...

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #637 of 1,316
And it also seems to be in some sort of loop, if I turn it off it will turn itself back on... (I have been trying to use the system recovery and any image I use on the sd card says it can't find the image or it is an invalid image)

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #638 of 1,316
  Album Art - hi ... I have RB installed and liking the interface, but the album art doesn't display for a large proportion of my music. It's all coded exactly the same with a cover.jpg (300x300px) in each album directory - NOT embedded.

Rockbox can not read progressiv JPEGs. They need to be "normal" JPEGs.

Jan 20, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #639 of 1,316
Feb 7, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #641 of 1,316
Just in case someone owning a DX90 with c programming knowledge appears here: There is an official port to the DX90 in the rockbox repository. The problem is that it is not tested and will maybe not start up because of some simple reasons (wrong path...). The port was made by DX50 owners who have no DX90. The DX50 port is very stable. The difference between DX50 and DX90 are very small (as mentioned by headwhacker). In rockbox repository everything is nicely prepared for the DX90, so please feel free to download, build and make it work :)

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #642 of 1,316
I'm a bit confused here. The current version of Rockbox for DX90 is working just fine. What is the difference between current build and the one sitting in repository?

Cheers. 

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #643 of 1,316
  I'm a bit confused here. The current version of Rockbox for DX90 is working just fine. What is the difference between current build and the one sitting in repository?

Cheers. 

The current build for DX90 should be stable and just fine. But it's based on an older build than what is on the Rockbox Repository. 

Cholero just implies that if anyone wants to add or fix anything on the current DX90 build should start working on what is available from the current Rockbox repository. 

I don't have the time yet to work on the latest build from the repository and I feel the current build for DX90 is all I need so if anyone else with DX90 and has some C programming language know how can contribute and at least compile the latest build from repository and make it work :)

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #644 of 1,316
All clear now. Thanks.

Feb 12, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #645 of 1,316
1. Does official rb git contain Headwhacker's latest patches? Or it is just android/arm build configuration as we used before?
2. Russian community users reported display never goes sleep and only backlight turns off. Can anyone confirm this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back