Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jun 3, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #1,786 of 2,020
The main thing you have to do is to install the official firmware. Download it from the official iBasso page.
Only if you have a pre march 2015 installation of rockbox you need to do the violet recovery upgrade first, otherwise the firmware upgrade to "original" would not work.
At the end, if you want to clean all footprints, you can also delete the ".rockbox" folder from the internal storage.

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #1,789 of 2,020
well if you use old rockbox you need to do that but when use new one you dont need to do that

Jun 15, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #1,791 of 2,020
Guys I did something in the past (don't know what) and my dx 50 seems to have only rockbox and no stock firmware. I'm trying to flash the original firmware from the stock recovery but it can't find anything. Do you know how I can flash the cmw and use it to restore the original firmware?

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #1,794 of 2,020
Your uSD needs to be formatted to fat32 (not exFAT or NTFS) and the update.img in the root of it. (just as hint: you can take a different uSD card, like an old 2GB that is lying around in your sisters old mobile phone or so and do the update with it, so you don't have to reformat your card)

Jun 15, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #1,795 of 2,020
  Your uSD needs to be formatted to fat32 (not exFAT or NTFS) and the update.img in the root of it. (just as hint: you can take a different uSD card, like an old 2GB that is lying around in your sisters old mobile phone or so and do the update with it, so you don't have to reformat your card)

you're right mine is formatted as exfat.. damn I got tons of music on it (40 gigs).. ok let me try. Kind as always 
gs1000.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,797 of 2,020
Hi there,

I'm testing Rockbox on my DX50 for the first time tonight. I'm very impressed so far with all the available settings but find it hard to navigate through the menus because the overly sensitive touchscreen acts almost neurotic with my big paws.

I would like to know what's the proper way to try a custom built on an already rockboxed device (the one posted a week ago by @cholero) ? Should I just overwrite the .rockbox folder, or should I redo the whole install process from scratch ?

Thanks.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #1,798 of 2,020
  Hi there,

I'm testing Rockbox on my DX50 for the first time tonight. I'm very impressed so far with all the available settings but find it hard to navigate through the menus because the overly sensitive touchscreen acts almost neurotic with my big paws.

I would like to know what's the proper way to try a custom built on an already rockboxed device (the one posted a week ago by @cholero) ? Should I just overwrite the .rockbox folder, or should I redo the whole install process from scratch ?

Thanks.

Just replace the Rockbox folder and you should be fine. Remember to do it in Mango just in case.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #1,799 of 2,020
I would recommend overwriting. If you delete the .rockbox folder, all settings, themes and the database are lost.
It can be done from rockbox too, no need to boot Mango. Rockbox is just an App here that is beeing closed when you connect USB for mass_storage.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #1,800 of 2,020
Thanks for the good information. I understand a bit more how it all comes together now.

This RockBox thing is a killer... man, ReplayGain, proper playlist management, parametric equalizer, heck even a good sounding compressor for late night listening on the stereo or for using in the car
gs1000.gif

SQ wise, it is very good too.

Other than that, the screen is still way too sensitive in my opinion even with the aforementioned custom build. Probably not much that can be done as it's mostly a hardware issue I'm guessing? For now I just can't use the screen at all and do everything with the buttons, it works just as well actually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back