Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 15, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #151 of 2,020
isst possible to browse by album? the new firmware dun support displaying of other languages like chinese?

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #153 of 2,020
Question: Is it possible to save the time and date? I know std FW lacks it and assume there is no clock in the device. Is that why the date and time doesn't stick?

DX50 has a real time clock but that clock appears to have no battery backup so the time gets reset to the Unix epoch when the device is turned on.

+1!  Also, I'm a complete n00b to RockBox's control UI.  Is there a guide to the settings somewhere?  I did manage to get it playing and I do like what I hear!:D

No. There's currently no manual for the application (Android) version. Any of the other manuals will get you started on operation and configuration, and the Rockbox forums should be able to pick up the rest.

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #154 of 2,020
DX50 has a real time clock but that clock appears to have no battery backup so the time gets reset to the Unix epoch when the device is turned on.
No. There's currently no manual for the application (Android) version. Any of the other manuals will get you started on operation and configuration, and the Rockbox forums should be able to pick up the rest.

Great, Thanks!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #155 of 2,020
Any update for other fonts support?

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #157 of 2,020
Does anybody know how to access files from external SD card via Rockbox? I can't seem to access them. Whenever i click on the Database, it shows building database.. 843 found.. but takes a long time and doesn't seem to complete. Probably that i should wait longer? Thanks for any inputs! 
confused.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #158 of 2,020
  Does anybody know how to access files from external SD card via Rockbox? I can't seem to access them. Whenever i click on the Database, it shows building database.. 843 found.. but takes a long time and doesn't seem to complete. Probably that i should wait longer? Thanks for any inputs! 
confused.gif

You have to tell RB through the settings which folders to scan. They are found in /mnt/external_sd.

Go to: Settings, General Settings, +Database, Select Directories to Scan and navigate to  /mnt/external_sd. press and hold on this folder. They are selected when you see a green arrow before each sub folder if any.

After you save the setting and initialized, you will be prompted to reboot for the scan to be effected.

RB is not the easiest thing to learn but gives you more options than most will ever use or need.

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #159 of 2,020
confused.gif

Go to Files -> Mnt -> external_sd. Took me a half hour to figure it out. I

Won't be able to test the coax output until Monday because the DAC I need to try it with is at work (yes, I actually do work at my workplace!) but I grabbed my SR-80 and popped them into the headphone output. Holy ****, this thing actually sounds like...music. No complaints about sound. Zero. None. No bass issues. No treble issues. No complaints about the internal headphone amp (I've never been a fan of it so far). And the SR-80's sound stupidly detailed and pleasing. I think I can put the firmware debate to rest for right now. This ****s on the sound of Ibasso's firmwares. All of them. No comparison. Even my favorite, 1.2.5, it makes it sound like the bloated mess it is. I'm taking in Patty Smyth's "Never Enough" album and I can hear all of the slick 80's rock production in all of its glory right now. I haven't experienced the "Wow!" factor like this in awhile now.

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #160 of 2,020

Go to Files -> Mnt -> external_sd. Took me a half hour to figure it out. I

Won't be able to test the coax output until Monday because the DAC I need to try it with is at work (yes, I actually do work at my workplace!) but I grabbed my SR-80 and popped them into the headphone output. Holy ****, this thing actually sounds like...music. No complaints about sound. Zero. None. No bass issues. No treble issues. No complaints about the internal headphone amp (I've never been a fan of it so far). And the SR-80's sound stupidly detailed and pleasing. I think I can put the firmware debate to rest for right now. This ****s on the sound of Ibasso's firmwares. All of them. No comparison. Even my favorite, 1.2.5, it makes it sound like the bloated mess it is. I'm taking in Patty Smyth's "Never Enough" album and I can hear all of the slick 80's rock production in all of its glory right now. I haven't experienced the "Wow!" factor like this in awhile now.

Coax works fine. Same here I enjoy how it sounds now more than any of the original FW.

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #161 of 2,020
Reset back to original firmware128. Not checking again until playlists can actually be saved on there.

What are you talking about? Playlist can be saved, edited and deleted. Read through any of the online RB manual to find out how to manage playlists.

I just created five playlist now. Something, I don't bother to do on the original FW.

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #163 of 2,020
You have to tell RB through the settings which folders to scan. They are found in /mnt/external_sd.

Go to: Settings, General Settings, +Database, Select Directories to Scan and navigate to  /mnt/external_sd. press and hold on this folder. They are selected when you see a green arrow before each sub folder if any.

After you save the setting and initialized, you will be prompted to reboot for the scan to be effected.

RB is not the easiest thing to learn but gives you more options than most will ever use or need.

Thanks for your detailed explanation! :) it works now! :)

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #164 of 2,020
Maybe a trick for date will be to use the modified date on a special file on sdcard.
ex:
on host :
echo `date` > /mnt/sdcard/.date

on dx50 when rockbox start:
read date file if present

this will have the advantage to get 'recently added' working ?

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #165 of 2,020
I've used rockbox a lot on DX50 and now trying advanced things :D

How to charge AND play music (dont unmount the external_sd FS) ?
Is it possible to store Playlists folder on the external SD ?

The more I use, The more I love it. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back