Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 16, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #181 of 2,020
DX50 has a real time clock but that clock appears to have no battery backup so the time gets reset to the Unix epoch when the device is turned on.

How do I set time and date? The options are: On = Set and Off = Revert (should be back or go back), how do I select On?

see above, no point in setting the clock if it goes away when you turn the device off.

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #183 of 2,020
Let me rephrase this. I was able to get a playlist up, but every time I tried to save, an "error in saving playlist" or such came up. Tried to play around with where it saved, but nothing worked. Did this for a couple of hours before just giving up and going back to the normal fw. I've been able to save playlists on my rockbox'd Clip Zip, but it didn't work here. I'm kinda short on time these days, and don't have alot of time to just play around with this. However, any help would be appreciated. I'm not a big fan of the way the current firmware does playlists either, so rockbox would be great for me if I got the playlists to save.

Looks like a symptom of something is corrupted. Just boot the orig FW and do a factory reset. I never have any problems managing my playlist so far.

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #185 of 2,020
The Rockbox is great!! Just a problem with the limited fonts/language display only. Otherwise all other stuffs especially SQ is awesome!

Yup the latest update is very much stable. In fact much more useable than the stock FW. Not to mention the SQ is a lot better. I have not even played with EQ yet. I don't have time yet and still lazy to setup adb, I can't play around with themes yet.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #186 of 2,020
Yup the latest update is very much stable. In fact much more useable than the stock FW. Not to mention the SQ is a lot better. I have not even played with EQ yet. I don't have time yet and still lazy to setup adb, I can't play around with themes yet. :tongue_smile:

The EQ is indeed amazing. Way better than Ibasso stock firmware EQ. Just by changing the basic EQ settings like Bass and Treble can bring about drastic changes. Hoping for more fonts support haha.

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #187 of 2,020
I have a problem with the power button when I use it as a "back" on the menu. If I edit any parameter, it works correctly as one click, but if I'm in a menu or submenu, it works as 2 clicks, and sometimes even throws to the main menu ... frankly very annoying ...

and i have question - how to configure EQ in graphical mode? i can select level in db, of frequency, but i cant change their value. Changing EQ settings by menu very uncomfortably...

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #188 of 2,020
  Hello,

Will Rocbox support USB DAC fonction ?

Thanks

Rockbox is not needed for USB DAC on this player.
USB is managed by linux kernel from original firmware. I suppose, it does not have a 'sound card' mode yet. That's why http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/11108 is completely another story.
Just for fun I can stream audio from PC via adb and output it as sound (easy), but that would require special player or driver on PC.
Most people are on windows - I am not going to write drivers for it.

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #190 of 2,020
bug with backlight in lock state. not matter, what value i select (normal/off/on) its turning off after base backlight timeout. And if base value "on", and on lock value "off", as well backlight still ON

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #192 of 2,020

Rockbox is not needed for USB DAC on this player.
USB is managed by linux kernel from original firmware. I suppose, it does not have a 'sound card' mode yet. That's why http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/11108 is completely another story.
Just for fun I can stream audio from PC via adb and output it as sound (easy), but that would require special player or driver on PC.
Most people are on windows - I am not going to write drivers for it.

how i can do it?) I'm a longtime user of Linux) for several years using the gentoo and not afraid to work in the terminal (yes in fact I live in it) or write some scripts. Especially since I'm already tired of waiting, when ibasso developers add mode of external DAC for PC

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #193 of 2,020
  I have a problem with the power button when I use it as a "back" on the menu. If I edit any parameter, it works correctly as one click, but if I'm in a menu or submenu, it works as 2 clicks, and sometimes even throws to the main menu ... frankly very annoying ...

and i have question - how to configure EQ in graphical mode? i can select level in db, of frequency, but i cant change their value. Changing EQ settings by menu very uncomfortably...

question about EQ - solved. In 3x3 mode i can configure it. sorry.

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #194 of 2,020
  how i can do it?) I'm a longtime user of Linux) for several years using the gentoo and not afraid to work in the terminal (yes in fact I live in it) or write some scripts. Especially since I'm already tired of waiting, when ibasso developers add mode of external DAC for PC

A bit of programming still needed (but really easy).
I'm now working on other things.
The idea:
1) compile https://github.com/tinyalsa/tinyalsa as is by ndk and try to use tinyplay with a proper wav file
2) use alsa 'file' plugin to create virtual sound card on pc and get a stream
3) pipe that stream via adb, like http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15278587/pipe-into-adb-shell
4) modify tinyplay to receive from a stream, not wav file

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #195 of 2,020
Is it possible to Fast forward in a track or goto to a particular point within a track without having to play the while track up to to that point ?

(Missing the Dx50 finger scroll on the touch screen)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back