Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 27, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #482 of 2,020
By saying reflash?

Im sleepy Im sorry. I was thinking that you see the Mango and the RB options when turn on your DX50 lol

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #484 of 2,020
Am I the only one to fail the installation of RB? Read many bits of info but couldn't install at the end.

Can anybody explain ins. step by step as I am a dummy :)

Thanks

update: I have advanced to a point where I see the many optioned RB recovery boot screen. But this time, the player is frozen there. Tried that 2 times, frozen still as soon as I boot up recovery (pwr + vol up)

Maybe your problem... Not sure if others are all the same but to navigate through the options in RB recovery I have use the tip of my headphone plug tapped against the top outlet to cycle through them. The up/down with volume buttons does not work. Early owners of DX50s would have known this as that was how we used std recovery in the very early FW editions but new owners are probably not aware. Not sure if its been relayed in any of the detailed instructions so far.

So if you're stuck at the main recovery screen, do this to choose the line with the task you need.

EDIT: oh the hold switch works too. Didn't know that.

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #485 of 2,020
Maybe if I rename the file then?

The other problem I had was that my Theme file unzipped to a ".android" folder which I couldn't see on my IMac - it took me forever to find it - well in fact I didn't. I had to unzip it on my IPad and rename it to a name without the . at the beginning and then I coped the files from the three folders into the respective folders in the CWM file and then it wouldn't instal.

I will retry this evening

It seems that when I unzip or zip the folder I change something that the installation program doesn't like and it aborts the operation. To test that theory I unzipped the CWM zip archive and then zipped it up again without any changes and it aborted installation.

I am using an IMac - maybe I need to try a different Zip utility tool.

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #488 of 2,020
I am actually not that happy with RB in dx50. Why, rb on clip+ and ipod video proved really worthy and useful. The only benefit of RB on dx50 is the superiority of EQing choice imo. Even its mere treble bass settings do its job perfectly. But other than that? 

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #489 of 2,020
  I am actually not that happy with RB in dx50. Why, rb on clip+ and ipod video proved really worthy and useful. The only benefit of RB on dx50 is the superiority of EQing choice imo. Even its mere treble bass settings do its job perfectly. But other than that? 

Gapless, it actually works on RB.
Playlist
Crossfade
Crossfeed
fade in, fade out playback (a lot useful than you might think)
Replaygain

Not to mention you don't need to worry about the next FW upgrade it it's going to impact SQ.

if you are still not happy with the above, I don't think any other little features will.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #490 of 2,020

that's the beauty of dual boot. Not happy with rockbox? you can choose to stick to the stock firmware. Ever since rockbox was ported for the dx50 I havent had a reason to go back to stock. you might find otherwise...

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #492 of 2,020

Because I suppose IBasso is already good in it's own rights that's why rockbox is just an added advantage or a compliment to it. Probably rockbox does a lot changes and improve the SQ of players like Clip significantly but as for DX50, the SQ gets a subtle lift IMO. Still something interesting to the DX50! :)

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #493 of 2,020

that's the beauty of dual boot. Not happy with rockbox? you can choose to stick to the stock firmware. Ever since rockbox was ported for the dx50 I havent had a reason to go back to stock. you might find otherwise...

I actually like the previous option of Power + Volume down to choose between stock and RB. In the current boot menu I accidentally choose mango or accidentally press the << button. I have no more use going back to stock FW except for occasional comparison.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #494 of 2,020
Because I suppose IBasso is already good in it's own rights that's why rockbox is just an added advantage or a compliment to it. Probably rockbox does a lot changes and improve the SQ of players like Clip significantly but as for DX50, the SQ gets a subtle lift IMO. Still something interesting to the DX50!
smily_headphones1.gif

I was regarding dx50 wonderful in terms of advantages even before RB. :) And what RB had added are 
Playlist
Crossfade
Crossfeed
fade in, fade out playback (a lot useful than you might think)
Replaygain

Might look like many but when you don't care about their presence and focus on the sound, music solely one will reach my conclusion :) there is a good reason why I added imo in my sentence :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back