Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 30, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #497 of 2,020

I was regarding dx50 wonderful in terms of advantages even before RB. :) And what RB had added are 
Playlist
Crossfade
Crossfeed
fade in, fade out playback (a lot useful than you might think)
Replaygain

Might look like many but when you don't care about their presence and focus on the sound, music solely one will reach my conclusion :) there is a good reason why I added imo in my sentence :)

It's not about the numbers. I don't know the way you listen to you music. If you have a live album or albums that were recorded so that each songs are chained to one another a working gapless is a must. Why do you think people complained about the messed up gapless feature on earlier FW from iBasso.

A replaygain is helpful to set the volume somewhat constant so you have some sort of protection. (But you have to properly tag your files).  Have you seen the complains on the main thread lately, when the volume suddenly spikes up to maximum?

I suppose you have to pause the currently playing music is someone needs your attention, the music fade in and fade out helps so your ear doesn't get the sudden jolt of noise when you where listening at loud volume.

You can't talk about enjoying music when you can no longer hear anything.

If you really care about your music those little things add up so you have uninterrupted listening pleasures.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #498 of 2,020

I actually like the previous option of Power + Volume down to choose between stock and RB. In the current boot menu I accidentally choose mango or accidentally press the << button. I have no more use going back to stock FW except for occasional comparison.

Probably the only thing I dislike about the dual boot menu is that right after clicking RB, i get a LOUD click in my IEMs. It happens on start up with stock as well so its not a rockbox problem.

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #500 of 2,020
Well if you say that rockbox is completely
transparent and if you prefer the 'transparent' sound then isn't it a lift in SQ? That's what I was referring to. An improvement to the SQ of the DAP. The amount of presumed improvements will of course vary among users.

You're thinking about it backwards. It's not that Rockbox makes the device sound better; it's that Rockbox doesn't change the sound at all.

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #504 of 2,020
Hi all,

I have the original Rb release for the dx50, not the CWM one.

Can I do a reset factory setting on the Mango side or Ill kill everything?

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #505 of 2,020
Hi all,

I have the original Rb release for the dx50, not the CWM one.

Can I do a reset factory setting on the Mango side or Ill kill everything?

Tried that couple of times from the Mango settings menu. Should not kill anything. It actually fixed a few issues I had when I initially installed RB.

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #507 of 2,020
I built the database trying to see if there was a rating option for the songs,

i started receiving *panic* stkov audio error, i tried factory reset and it didn't work.

after playing with the options for sometime, i figured that gather run time data under database settings caused that error for me.

so thats one reason for it, if anyone faced the same error.

at the end i don't think there is a rating option :D

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #508 of 2,020
erm...just install rb on my dx50...how can we play all songs which are on the ext-sd card??

edit: the RB doesnt support korean/chinese/japanese character?

It can display other foreign characters beside English. You'll need to download the fonts pack and embed it inside the rockbox.zip folder that you used to flash the rockbox firmware. You'll need to embed the fonts pack deep under: systems-rockbox-app_rockbox-rockbox. You'll see a number of folders inside including themes, fonts etc. Just drop the fonts pack inside the fonts folder. I think there's a very well written write up in the previous few pages (not very far ahead) that you might want to refer to. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back