Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 27, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #466 of 2,020
  +1000 I absolutely echo that comment. The new CWM method has me customising my DX50 with my preferred themes. Could not get either my head nor computer around ADB!

I simply attached my DX50 to my computer via USB of course, and copied the theme files from source folders into the appropriate folders in the zipped archive on the DX50. Then reinstalled the zip file using the CWM Recovery. All it did was add the themes that were not previously added. Worked fine with no errors. I guess you can add to the archive anything you need before installing. With Windows 7 and 8 if not before, you don't need to extract and rezip an archive to add files to an already compressed archive. You can add by simple drag and drop. You cannot however drag a file from between two archives. The source must be extracted first (at least that's what I found last night).

Good luck and thanks for all you RB gurus who've had a hand in this.

I use Windows Commander and you can copy files from one archive to another without problems. But if ADB will work again I will use it because that way you dont have to reinstall rockbox using CWM recovery.

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #468 of 2,020
adb still works for me on OSX.

And you have installed the latest version from https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home ?
On that site is written, that adb is temporarily disabled.
On my comp (WIN8.1) DX50 is recognized as two USB drives, so I dont see any system files on DX50.
For now, that is OK, as I can insert themes and fonts into zipped rockbox, but it means that I must install updates with CWM Recovery. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #470 of 2,020
Haven't tried creating playlist yet. Only thing that I noticed from the very first release is that RB can't identify some of the album arts. I'm not really sure why but stock FW and my other players can identify the album arts. All of my album arts are set to 500x500 less than 200kb and all extensions are .jpg. Anyone noticed this?

Whenever I try to save a current playlist I get the message "error accessing playlist file". Anyone know a solution?

EDIT:
Yah it does. I'm getting the same error. You can still create a playlist by selecting the song one by one and by selecting add to playlist. A lot of work lol

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #471 of 2,020
Haven't tried creating playlist yet. Only thing that I noticed from the very first release is that RB can't identify some of the album arts. I'm not really sure why but stock FW and my other players can identify the album arts. All of my album arts are set to 500x500 less than 200kb and all extensions are .jpg. Anyone noticed this?
EDIT:
Yah it does. I'm getting the same error. You can still create a playlist by selecting the song one by one and by selecting add to playlist. A lot of work lol

Even .JPG is different type. The next text is copied from manual:

Rockbox supports embedded album art only for some specific formats, see section B.2.1
(page 187) for full details. It additionally supports loading images located on the flash
storage. PictureFlow is currently unable to use embedded album art. The image files
must be in either BMP or JPEG format, while embedded album art is currently limited
to JPEG. Embedded JPEG images must not be unsynchronized. Rockbox does not
support RLE-compressed BMP files, nor does it support progressive and multi-scan
JPEG files. JPEG files must consist of a single scan with interleaved components, as
progessive and multi-scan images require much more memory to decode.

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #472 of 2,020
  And you have installed the latest version from https://bitbucket.org/isergachev/rockbox/wiki/Home ?
On that site is written, that adb is temporarily disabled.
On my comp (WIN8.1) DX50 is recognized as two USB drives, so I dont see any system files on DX50.
For now, that is OK, as I can insert themes and fonts into zipped rockbox, but it means that I must install updates with CWM Recovery. 

No the version before he disabled adb since it was reported that it breaks mounting of the SDcards whenever DX50 is connected via USB. But on OSX ( at least for me) it still mounts both SDCards and adb still can establish connection without unmounting the storage devices.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #473 of 2,020

No the version before he disabled adb since it was reported that it breaks mounting of the SDcards whenever DX50 is connected via USB. But on OSX ( at least for me) it still mounts both SDCards and adb still can establish connection without unmounting the storage devices.

With that version ADB works for me too.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #474 of 2,020
Even .JPG is different type. The next text is copied from manual:

Rockbox supports embedded album art only for some specific formats, see section B.2.1

(page 187) for full details. It additionally supports loading images located on the flash

storage. PictureFlow is currently unable to use embedded album art. The image files

must be in either BMP or JPEG format, while embedded album art is currently limited

to JPEG. Embedded JPEG images must not be unsynchronized. Rockbox does not

support RLE-compressed BMP files, nor does it support progressive and multi-scan

JPEG files. JPEG files must consist of a single scan with interleaved components, as

progessive and multi-scan images require much more memory to decode.

Well that make sense. 25%of my album arts came from google. Did resize and converted it to jpg using photoshop cs5 with no compression at all. I maybe wrong but I'll check it later..

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #475 of 2,020
EDIT:

I figure changing the directory might help. It starts with < home >. This RB keyboard is much more cumbersome to use than the zip clip rockbox keyboard.

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #476 of 2,020
I figure changing the directory might help. It starts with < home >. This RB keyboard is much more cumbersome to use than the zip clip rockbox keyboard.

lol you're right.. RB keyboard is kinda bit hard to use in DX50. I currently have 5playlist. Manage to create it by doin it one by one lol. More like a permission issue when creating/editing a playlist. Will just wait for an update. Can't do linux right now. Kinda bit busy

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #477 of 2,020
Am I the only one to fail the installation of RB? Read many bits of info but couldn't install at the end.

Can anybody explain ins. step by step as I am a dummy :)

Thanks

update: I have advanced to a point where I see the many optioned RB recovery boot screen. But this time, the player is frozen there. Tried that 2 times, frozen still as soon as I boot up recovery (pwr + vol up)

Mar 27, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #478 of 2,020
Am I the only one to fail the installation of RB? Read many bits of info but couldn't install at the end.

Can anybody explain ins. step by step as I am a dummy :)

Thanks

update: I have advanced to a point where I see the many optioned RB recovery boot screen. But this time, the player is frozen there. Tried that 2 times, frozen still as soon as I boot up recovery (pwr + vol up)

Reflash cwm_rockbox_2013-03-25.zip again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back