RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801
Nov 25, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #77 of 364

Quote:
turockROCKS!

Thanks mates,Lets hope they come to some kind of at least an understanding, to help him iron all the bugs, the waiting game starts.

Nov 27, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #78 of 364
I'm sitting here listening to the 601 with rockbox am very much enjoying the sound. Rockbox has a much more sophisticated EQ, where you can fine tune it more. Listening to my FX700s through the 601 is amazing. I feel the music is more balanced and transparent now. I generally keep my volume on 2 or less. I wonder how high others pump their volumes?

Nov 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #81 of 364

Quote:

I have a HM-601 for sale right now, if anyone is inspired to get one with the rockbox support, just FYI.

Rockbox on HM-601 rocks.......I've got nothing more to say

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #82 of 364
one note about the HM601+RB

Recently noticed one thing. Began to wear jacket made of sinthetic fabric.
And device start to be VERY sensetive to STATIC electricity. At worst cases it's shut down and you need to push RESET for starting. At best - you've "sparkle" in sound.

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #83 of 364

Quote:

And device start to be VERY sensetive to STATIC electricity. At worst cases it's shut down and you need to push RESET for starting. At best - you've "sparkle" in sound.

Has battery life been affected? I'm not sure but it seems this is the case. I'll have to test it out. But battery mah only goes to 600 I think on rocobox. I think the capacity of this battery is a lot higher than this.

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #84 of 364

Quote:
Has battery life been affected? I'm not sure but it seems this is the case. I'll have to test it out. But battery mah only goes to 600 I think on rocobox. I think the capacity of this battery is a lot higher than this.

Sorry - i didn't understand english well.
But how i understand you asking about battery life.
It's starting to be very smal :) For 3-4 hourse for my devices. But my devices is... to old(?) and i didn't tru to use RB on new battery.

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #85 of 364

Quote:
Sorry - i didn't understand english well.
But how i understand you asking about battery life.
It's starting to be very smal :) For 3-4 hourse for my devices. But my devices is... to old(?) and i didn't tru to use RB on new battery.

For me it seems battery life is less than 5 hours. Maybe 3 hours at most. That is not normal though for a 601. It should last up to 10 hours if you don't constantly touch the device. I'll have to test with this though. I am hoping rockbox didn't shorten the battery life even more :p But the fact that rockbox has been ported to the device makes me feel these minor issues should be easily fixable. By the way, I know the maker who ported Rockbox to the Hifiman is from Russia. Would that be you by any chance?

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #86 of 364

Quote:
 Would that be you by any chance?

RB came to world from our web site but i'm not writer of RB FW for HFM :)
And i think we will stop to work about RB ... we havу few problems with HFM... but i'll not discus it for now :)

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #87 of 364
Quote:

This is a HM601 hardware issue (in relation to your synthetic jacket). I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with Rockbox.

(The solution is easy. Kill a cow. Eat the steak. Wear the leather. Enjoy the music.)

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #90 of 364

Quote:
Yeas i know. But with RB this problem is more noticeble/biger/realy big problem. With stock HM601 i've no this problem such often as with RB

I've reverted back to stock firmware. Its a bit of a PITA but doable. I found battery life to be shortened (rockbox wasn't fully utilizing the full capacity of the battery). Plus the other small bugs. So hopefully one day they will have a stable version running and I'm running back to the rockbox camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back