RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801
Nov 23, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #63 of 364
Nov 24, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #64 of 364

Not just the fact that rock box has one of the best EQ around, even rivaling cowons. But the device is much more responsive now with rockbox. It was slow to navigate with stock firmware. Overall besides the minor bugs its a huge improvement over fangs firmware. Looking forward to a complete release.

You read Mr. Fang, another more satisfied/happier customer with the Rockbox, although its way from stable, so what you think it will be like in with future updates , lend the programmer a hand , and give the customers and the Head-fiers who want to buy the 601/602 but are hesitant, an answer to their suffering with a much  much better software, this makes no sense, everybody agrees that 601/602/801 is way better with Rockbox , but what do Mr. Fang thinks? Prove us wrong.

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #65 of 364
Well, I think it is good that one person is actively voicing his opinion for a change and it doesn't hurt to have more.
wink.gif

Mr Fang, I myself also do hope that you will consider collaborating with the programmers at Rockbox so that you can help provide us consumers with a better quality software to an already high quality product.

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #66 of 364
I too would happily use a stable version of RockBox that fully supports all the capabilities of the HM801 hardware

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #67 of 364
Don't think Mr Fang would disagree with Rockbox if it sold more units, but not jeopardize cost of business from servicing bricked players. He should do a Samsung and share android smartphone firmware codes with developer, and leave it to customers to decide whether or not to take the risk.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #68 of 364

Why not make a deal with Rockbox and then Fang can have a specific firmware where he has the rights to that specific software. They'd both profit and so would the customer. If they fix some of the bugs on this firmware it will be amazing. I like how fast the device is with Rockbox. Usability is one of the most important factors on a product. I don't see why that should differ for an audiophile player.
Quote:
Don't think Mr Fang would disagree with Rockbox if it sold more units, but not jeopardize cost of business from servicing bricked players. He should do a Samsung and share android smartphone firmware codes with developer, and leave it to customers to decide whether or not to take the risk.

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #69 of 364
Don't think it works like that. As I understand it RockBox is open source supported by a community so nobody can get rights to a build or version

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #70 of 364

Quote:
Don't think it works like that. As I understand it RockBox is open source supported by a community so nobody can get rights to a build or version

Well I feel Dr. Fang should still help them out. Especially if it will get him more customers in the long run. A stable version of rockbox on the Hifiman would be a cash crop for him as it would eliminate the basic issues most people have with the Hifman players. The clunky UI and of course better EQ settings. With Rockbox I am able to quickly access my music. I just hope they come up with a way to use the internal memory as well (waste of 8 gigs of space).

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #71 of 364
Yes I absolutely agree that Fang should help and support the RockBox developers but I can also see the business problem from his side. When the units use his software there is no question where any problems and issues reside, they are his responsibility. When the units use a third party software it becomes much more complicated to decide if a problem resides with the unit or the software.

Nov 25, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #72 of 364

Quote:
Yes I absolutely agree that Fang should help and support the RockBox developers but I can also see the business problem from his side. When the units use his software there is no question where any problems and issues reside, they are his responsibility. When the units use a third party software it becomes much more complicated to decide if a problem resides with the unit or the software.

You do have a point. And in the even that something was to happen it wouldn't be fair for us to expect Fang to be responsible for fixing the unit. But Rockbox generally doesn't have that issue and the flaws I see now are fixable.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #73 of 364
I can confirm that with a little magic of mine I was able to connect the Rockbox programmer with Mr. Fang, and to be honest Mr. Fang is a cool guy and was open to my suggestions, waiting for the programmer to contact him in order to forward him to the developing team.............my hands are shaking guys.....there is hope.....

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #74 of 364
COOL !!!

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #75 of 364
thanks for pushing for change turokrocks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back