RockBox For HiFiman HM601 and for HM801
Dec 25, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #106 of 364

Quote:
I really don't see why these minor bugs cant be fixed. I mean since they managed to even get the firmware to run the Hifiman (that is the biggest hurdle conquered). I mean the possibility to get the 601s weakness fixed just may get me to hang onto it after I've received my Studio-V (which I think will crush the 601 honestly).

Only time will tell, and I am waiting for your impression for this DAP.......before i plunge again........

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #107 of 364

Quote:

Only time will tell, and I am waiting for your impression for this DAP.......before i plunge again........

But when you plunge it will be a more pricey plunge lol? Or did you get Jack to reserve one for you at half price? I wouldn't spend $350 on this DAP though. To expensive, then again I don't think I'd pay $800 for the 801 either lol.

Dec 25, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #108 of 364

Quote:
But when you plunge it will be a more pricey plunge lol? Or did you get Jack to reserve one for you at half price? I wouldn't spend $350 on this DAP though. To expensive, then again I don't think I'd pay $800 for the 801 either lol.

"before i plunge again" into [size=small]Kil[size=small]auea, as this rate ..........LOL[/size][/size]

Dec 30, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #111 of 364

Quote:
can you outline details as to how you got the port to work on the 601? think it will potentially work on the 602 in the same fashion?

Someone also installed rockbox on the 602 if its any consolation. Just with the current bugs on it I don't want to use Rockbox. Sometimes it will freeze, (especially if you don't chose continue playback). Battery life is shortened. And when it freezes you have to use a paperclip to reset it... But if they could fix the issue this would be a very viable option. Rockbox offers much better EQ settings, the firmware is super fast and makes rockbox look like the tortoise vs the hare lol.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #113 of 364

Quote:
Nothing new here? Can't be the only one who is still waiting for some news whether or not the project got cancelled in the end...

Everything's up and running. The last version is from 19.01.2012. The screen noise had been removed. Also the screen now goes to low battery use mode when not active, so the battery will last a bit longer. All the buttons now work properly in all the menus. As usual, all the work has been done by a russian programmer Mortalis.

http://mycroft.su/ru/catalog/portativnye_pleery/headdirect_corp_hifiman_hm801/podder

http://mycroft.su/ru/catalog/portativnye_pleery/headdirect_corp_hifiman_hm601_8gb/podder

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #114 of 364

Have the bugs been fixed? Such as freezing, lower battery life? Is the internal memory still in-usable with rock box?
Quote:
Everything's up and running. The last version is from 19.01.2012. The screen noise had been removed. Also the screen now goes to low battery use mode when not active, so the battery will last a bit longer. All the buttons now work properly in all the menus. As usual, all the work has been done by a russian programmer Mortalis.

http://mycroft.su/ru/catalog/portativnye_pleery/headdirect_corp_hifiman_hm801/podder

http://mycroft.su/ru/catalog/portativnye_pleery/headdirect_corp_hifiman_hm601_8gb/podder

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #115 of 364
There were no complaintes about freezing in this version. Also the devise now properly switches off when the battery charge ends. As I've said, the bugs with the buttons were fixed. The internal memory is still in-usable. The battery works a bit longer, because the battery use by the screen has been optimized.

Quote:
Have the bugs been fixed? Such as freezing, lower battery life? Is the internal memory still in-usable with rock box?

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #116 of 364
Could you test the battery and see how many hours it lasts compared to standard firmware ? My 601 can last about 10 hours with continuous FLAC playback.

I was actually planning to sell my 601. This may be a ray of hope.

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #117 of 364
I've sold my HM-601 and now I'm waiting for his elder brother. Guys at player.ru tested HM-601's battery life with the new firmware. It worked 6 hours and 6 minuts after 6 hours of charging. Volume - 4, earphones - DBA02 (43 ohms).

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #118 of 364

Quote:
I've sold my HM-601 and now I'm waiting for his elder brother. Guys at player.ru tested HM-601's battery life with the new firmware. It worked 6 hours and 6 minuts after 6 hours of charging. Volume - 4, earphones - DBA02 (43 ohms).

I guess that's not too bad at that volume. Kinda loud though at 4 lol. I generally use under 2 vol with my FX700s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back