RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Nov 11, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #3,526 of 6,034
How have you been using the DAC until now? What method of connection between computer and DAC?

I don't know what dig thru is, you should be using line out mode.

I honestly just got everything, and I'm relatively new to all of the equipment, although learning.

I was under the impression that digital through (labeled as dig thru on the ADI-2 PRO FS) would take the USB input signal (the audio), and then send out the audio out of the unbalanced audio outputs in the back of the amp. However, it doesn't appear to work.

The ADI-2 Pro came with a breakout cable which contains female coaxial SPDIF (RCA) that can connect into the back of the unit as well, so I'm not sure if I should use those RCAs instead of the TS outputs?

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #3,527 of 6,034
I've got a strange issue with my dac. Whenever I move my mouse (wireless), I hear interference through my headphones, like a quiet beep that stops when I stop the mouse. This doesn't happen when I put my mouse in wired-mode. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I've tried moving the wireless receiver away from the DAC which helps slightly but my desk is quite small so I can still hear the interference.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #3,528 of 6,034
I honestly just got everything, and I'm relatively new to all of the equipment, although learning.

I was under the impression that digital through (labeled as dig thru on the ADI-2 PRO FS) would take the USB input signal (the audio), and then send out the audio out of the unbalanced audio outputs in the back of the amp. However, it doesn't appear to work.

The ADI-2 Pro came with a breakout cable which contains female coaxial SPDIF (RCA) that can connect into the back of the unit as well, so I'm not sure if I should use those RCAs instead of the TS outputs?
You should connect a USB cable from the PC to the DAC. You have to install two sets of drivers from the RME website it's a bit annoying.

I suggest you sign up for the RME forums and get the guys to help. There is also a separate thread here for the Pro version.

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #3,529 of 6,034
I've got a strange issue with my dac. Whenever I move my mouse (wireless), I hear interference through my headphones, like a quiet beep that stops when I stop the mouse. This doesn't happen when I put my mouse in wired-mode. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I've tried moving the wireless receiver away from the DAC which helps slightly but my desk is quite small so I can still hear the interference.
Maybe try another mouse ?

Nov 11, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #3,530 of 6,034
Nov 11, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #3,533 of 6,034
Yeah if it's a choice between a mouse and the RME, the mouse goes out the window :D
I play a good amount of video games so the mouse is slightly more important to me /; as I've gotten so used to it. It's the Logitech G900, it's not over Bluetooth so maybe that's the issue.

Whenever I move the mouse close to the dac the 'beep' gets louder and at very very specific angles the 'beep' get very loud i.e. ~half the volume of my normal listening levels. Could it be the USB cable? i.e. the USB-b cable that connects to the dac?

I've had a bunch of dacs but never had interference issues so this is really strange /; I hope I can fix it. Sucks that the desks in my dorm are so small...

Nov 11, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #3,534 of 6,034
I play a good amount of video games so the mouse is slightly more important to me /; as I've gotten so used to it. It's the Logitech G900, it's not over Bluetooth so maybe that's the issue.

Whenever I move the mouse close to the dac the 'beep' gets louder and at very very specific angles the 'beep' get very loud i.e. ~half the volume of my normal listening levels. Could it be the USB cable? i.e. the USB-b cable that connects to the dac?

I've had a bunch of dacs but never had interference issues so this is really strange /; I hope I can fix it. Sucks that the desks in my dorm are so small...
Two comments:

1. Your mouse is more important? Get off the forums now! :D
2. You have an RME in your dorm room?! Welcome back :D

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #3,535 of 6,034

wait a minute you know wireless mouse are crap for gaming and Bluetooth mouses are crapier because of input lag

if games are important to you get a wired mouse with a 16k sensor

Nov 11, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #3,536 of 6,034
wait a minute you know wireless mouse are crap for gaming and Bluetooth mouses are crapier because of input lag

if games are important to you get a wired mouse with a 16k sensor
Wireless mice aren't crap for gaming, it's 2020, they're just as good as wired. And the G900 has a pmw3366 sensor which is more than good enough. Most CSGO pros for example (s1mple, elige, etc.) have long since switched to wireless mice...

Nov 11, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #3,537 of 6,034
Wireless mice aren't crap for gaming, it's 2020, they're just as good as wired. And the G900 has a pmw3366 sensor which is more than good enough. Most CSGO pros for example (s1mple, elige, etc.) have long since switched to wireless mice...
Yes simple is sponsored by logitech to use thier most expensiv gear like many other esl players

But anyway that g pro wireless is another story its almost good as wired

Nov 11, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #3,538 of 6,034
Yes simple is sponsored by logitech to use thier most expensiv gear like many other esl players

But anyway that g pro wireless is another story its almost good as wired

Pros don't have to switch mice based on sponsors... Guardian, also on NaVi, doesn't use a Logitech mouse for instance. Logitech sponsors Astralis and only 1 person on their team is using a Logitech mouse.

G pro wireless is as good as wired and so is any other wireless gaming mice released in the last 5 years. It makes 0 difference

Nov 12, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #3,539 of 6,034
I've never used a wireless mouse or keyboard (I'm a true lover of PC peripherials). Several years ago, when I was trying a Steelseries Xai or Kinzu (I can't remember which was) or maybe a Razer Lachesis, when I moved the mouse (and they all were wired) I could hear a noise via my sound card (same, can't remember if was a Creative soundblaster XFI extreme gamer or a Auzentech XFI Hometheater HD) through my headphones, was very annoying.

I don't know how I solved that, because in those times I changed a lot my peripherials (looking for the best combination for me... Remembers me a lot what I'm doing here... :wink: )

Nov 12, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #3,540 of 6,034
I've never used a wireless mouse or keyboard (I'm a true lover of PC peripherials). Several years ago, when I was trying a Steelseries Xai or Kinzu (I can't remember which was) or maybe a Razer Lachesis, when I moved the mouse (and they all were wired) I could hear a noise via my sound card (same, can't remember if was a Creative soundblaster XFI extreme gamer or a Auzentech XFI Hometheater HD) through my headphones, was very annoying.

I don't know how I solved that, because in those times I changed a lot my peripherials (looking for the best combination for me... Remembers me a lot what I'm doing here... :wink: )
The noise most likely travels on the USB ground wire. An iDefender or iPurifier2/3 will stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back