RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Nov 2, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #3,512 of 6,034
I paid £830 for a new RME ADI 2 DAC ( from Studiocare Professional Audio ltd )
Thankyou! Actually can't believe how much cheaper this will be than going local. A no brainer now! Early Christmas present 😄

Nov 2, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #3,513 of 6,034
Nov 5, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #3,517 of 6,034
Nov 5, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #3,518 of 6,034
Hey guys, how do you check if your adi 2 dac FS is the latest version with AK4493?
It really doesn't matter, even according to the guys who made it.

Nov 9, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #3,520 of 6,034
Is there much difference between the RME's (non-balanced) output and the balanced output of the TA-ZH1ES or other balanced amps?

Nov 10, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #3,523 of 6,034
So is the difference between the RME versions just power output?

No.

Per RME:
"The current version of the ADI-2 DAC comes with an extended remote control, a further improved DA conversion and an adapted analog output stage for even better noise and distortion values.

The updated ADI-2 DAC uses AKM's AK4493 in a special circuit variant developed by RME engineers that allows the chip to perform at its best. With noise levels of 123 dBA, distortion less than -120 dB, or THD+N of -116 dB, the device delivers outstanding measured values. Even the IEM output, with -118 dBu already the world's lowest noise headphone output, improves to a sensational -121 dBu. In addition, there is 4 dB of digital headroom, so that even high intersample peaks do not produce any audible distortion. Finally, the device now also offers a clear reserve in volume setting. +2.5 dB result in a still undistorted analog output signal.

All these improvements are completely transparent in the previous menu navigation. There are no changes in operation, features and behavior compared to the predecessor, which is why neither appearance nor name have changed. The only difference: with 'Low Dispersion' another digital filter is available for selection. Explanations for this filter can be found in the detailed manual of the ADI-2 DAC."

Nov 11, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #3,524 of 6,034
Hey everyone.

Have a question I'm hoping you can help with as I'm having no luck figuring it out myself.

I currently have a ADI-2 PRO FS and a tube amp. I'd like to plug my computer into the ADI-2 PRO FS, then have the amp convert that to analog and send it to my amplifier which has RCAs. I have purchased a Male TS x2 to Male RCA cable, plugged them in, then set the ADI-2 to "Dig Thru" mode, but no sounds is being sent out of the amp (Ampsandsound Mogwai).

What am I missing? Thank you for your help!

Nov 11, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #3,525 of 6,034
Hey everyone.

Have a question I'm hoping you can help with as I'm having no luck figuring it out myself.

I currently have a ADI-2 PRO FS and a tube amp. I'd like to plug my computer into the ADI-2 PRO FS, then have the amp convert that to analog and send it to my amplifier which has RCAs. I have purchased a Male TS x2 to Male RCA cable, plugged them in, then set the ADI-2 to "Dig Thru" mode, but no sounds is being sent out of the amp (Ampsandsound Mogwai).

What am I missing? Thank you for your help!
How have you been using the DAC until now? What method of connection between computer and DAC?

I don't know what dig thru is, you should be using line out mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back