RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Sep 15, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #3,241 of 5,998
Well, the T1 3rd is what, 32 ohms? It's like an IEM rather than a headphone. The 3,5mm plug suggests that :wink:

Sep 15, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #3,243 of 5,998
Hardly read about the IEM-output of the RME in combination with low-impedance, efficient headphones (full size).

Since yesterday I have been using the Beyerdynamic T1 3rd generation at the IEM-output, the sound result seems silky to me compared to the PHONOS-output of the RME. Maybe someone would like to try it out.
Would be good if you could describe the sound of the t1 gen3 with the rme as I am looking to buy a premium set of headphones for my rme, and like warmth soundstage and a bit of full bass along with clarity. Cheers

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #3,244 of 5,998
There are already at least two threads on the new T1

Sep 15, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #3,245 of 5,998
Hardly read about the IEM-output of the RME in combination with low-impedance, efficient headphones (full size).

Since yesterday I have been using the Beyerdynamic T1 3rd generation at the IEM-output, the sound result seems silky to me compared to the PHONOS-output of the RME. Maybe someone would like to try it out.
As I typed a few messages above I'm using the IEM output with a Ananda: pleased with the result (but I cannot really compare to anything else), so much so that I decided to keep the RME I had on demo. For me the sound is engaging and detailed, I can't hear any harshness. I'm really liking the crossfeed set at level 3.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #3,246 of 5,998
Every time I pause VLC media player on Mac for a minute before resuming play, RME ADI-2 goes completely disconnected. I need to unplug and plug RME's USB into Mac to make it work again. Is this normal? No such issues with iTunes player, though.

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #3,247 of 5,998
Every time I pause VLC media player on Mac for a minute before resuming play, RME ADI-2 goes completely disconnected. I need to unplug and plug RME's USB into Mac to make it work again. Is this normal? No such issues with iTunes player, though.

I bought Audirvana to play on the ADI-2 and never looked back. Nice Tidal integration, too. Lots of sound configuration options, both on the DAC and in Audirvana.

Sep 17, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #3,249 of 5,998
OT on:

Long time JRiver user here. What's lovely with this app iis that you could watch movies or TV while using full potential of your DAC (like upsample audio to DSD256).

OT off:

Sep 17, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #3,250 of 5,998
OT on:

Long time JRiver user here. What's lovely with this app iis that you could watch movies or TV while using full potential of your DAC (like upsample audio to DSD256).

OT off:
Does oversampling not mess up with the sound ?

Sep 17, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #3,251 of 5,998
That depends on how it's done and where it's done. Sometimes the upsampling on a PC will be better than the upsampling on a DAC, sometimes not.

Sep 17, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #3,252 of 5,998
I was using VLC for playing only films. Would certainly love it, if you have a good player recommendation for both audio and video.

VLC does support a surprisingly wide variety of audio formats. But it is not optimised for audio. foobar2000 for audio, whatever you like for video, for video. I don't know of an all in one player. The focus is pretty different no pun intended :D

Sep 17, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #3,253 of 5,998
VLC does support a surprisingly wide variety of audio formats. But it is not optimised for audio. foobar2000 for audio, whatever you like for video, for video. I don't know of an all in one player. The focus is pretty different no pun intended :D
This is exactly my setup too. Foobar is amazingly complex and featured...and free! VLC is my choice for video files. I do have other programs for when I want to watch DVDs on my computer, but I bet VLC would do that too.

Sep 17, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #3,255 of 5,998

Just telling you what might the program can do for you while watching videos. Of course it depends on you/your experience/beliefs.

Give it a try: link

For example what the program can do:
Here I am playing Greyhound 2020 on 2160p and while audio is processed realtime thru Ozone 9 (as VST3 plugin).

Sorry for the OT guyz...just helping... :gs1000smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back