Rhapsodio thread
Apr 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #1,126 of 2,203
Do contact the ever-friendly Sammy, he will be able to recommend based on your preferred sound signature.

For my Galaxy, everything went up a notch with Rhapsodio's RSD Silver Mk3 (currently on their FB cover picture). But I am not sure about the synergy with RTi1.

Hey there. Sammy mentioned the mk3 to me and I was considering it as well. Is this the $450 one? The one on the FB cover looks identical to my regular RSD Silver I just bought. But I assume I have the mk1 or mk2 or something, can't quite tell. It's a pretty cool, analytical cable. I think he said the mk3 is warmer with better bass? Thanks for any insight!

-Collin-

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #1,127 of 2,203
20 BA per side? That's... a lot.

Yep...it certainly is!
Infinity.jpg

Anybody out there who has auditioned this one?

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #1,130 of 2,203
@SeeSax, sorry, I wasn't able to insert your quote on the silver mk3 cable (yes, USD450).

Yes, it is warmer than most people's perception of a pure silver cable. But besides being warmer, I enjoyed the improvements in details from top to bottom. The vocals also thickened a bit.

May 1, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,131 of 2,203
@SeeSax, sorry, I wasn't able to insert your quote on the silver mk3 cable (yes, USD450).

Yes, it is warmer than most people's perception of a pure silver cable. But besides being warmer, I enjoyed the improvements in details from top to bottom. The vocals also thickened a bit.

Thank you, I appreciate that! I'll have to check this cable out.

How are the ergonomics on it? Is it a soft cable? Stiff? The RSD Silver is a bit stiff. I love the feel of the Pandora Dwarf, for example, because of how soft it is.

-Collin-

May 8, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #1,132 of 2,203
Hi all - recently had the pleasure of spending a very enjoyable few weeks with the Galaxy V2 thanks to @theUKMrT , and have posted up a review on Audio Primate if anyone is interested:

https://audioprimate.blog/2017/05/0...nother-single-dynamic-all-star-constellation/

Have also tried posting a review on the HeadGear thread, but no matter what I do, the new site won't let me paragraph it properly so it's definitely more readable on the blog at the moment!! Anyone managed to post a review recently without writing it entirely in the Head-Fi site?

EDIT: turn out is is just formatting incorrectly when viewed through Edge - Firefox and Chrome both look correct, so here is the link to the HeadGear review as well:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/rhapsodio-galaxy-v2.22136/

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #1,135 of 2,203
any impressions about the 20 driver iems

Maybe you can buy/try it for/on your new Kann?
I probably would, if I only had the budget :smile:

To get a coherence signature out of 2x 20 drivers seems to be a very tough tuning job to me...

May 9, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #1,136 of 2,203

To get a coherence signature out of 2x 20 drivers seems to be a very tough tuning job to me...

budget is tight after spending so much, so I will pass the flag to another member here to buy and try :)

May 11, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #1,137 of 2,203

Which is why it doesn't make any sense to continue the driver "war".
How exactly is it supposed to be any better than 8-10 drivers when it makes crossover an engineering nightmare for very little benefit ?
And when it increases the risk of failure exponentially (since only one driver failing makes the whole thing useless)...
Are modern drivers that crappy that they can't properly cover 1000Hz so you need 20 to cover the whole spectrum ?

It is really marketing nonsense at its peak, not innovation, when the only measurable claim is "having the biggest number of drivers on the market".
It's sitting down down there with the "car with the highest horse power", the shaver with 18 blades and other bull****.

May 11, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #1,138 of 2,203
Which is why it doesn't make any sense to continue the driver "war".
How exactly is it supposed to be any better than 8-10 drivers when it makes crossover an engineering nightmare for very little benefit ?
And when it increases the risk of failure exponentially (since only one driver failing makes the whole thing useless)...
Are modern drivers that ****ty that they can't properly cover 1000Hz so you need 20 to cover the whole spectrum ?

It is really marketing nonsense at its peak, not innovation, when the only measurable claim is "having the biggest number of drivers on the market".
It's sitting down down there with the "car with the highest horse power", the shaver with 18 blades and other bull****.
I feel the same...I bought Zeus R, which are awesome IEM's and found myself listening to my Ref. 1 a lot more. Like you're saying...tuning, implementation and synergy with your source is way more important than the number of drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back