Rhapsodio thread
Aug 26, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #1,157 of 2,203
Rhapsodio thread is quiet lately. Surprised no one noticed Sammy's new creation on Facebook:

rhapsodio.jpg

My pair will be here early next week :)

-Collin-

Aug 27, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #1,159 of 2,203
Looks sick <3 what's the config and name tho haha

All I know is that it's a hybrid design, so I am assuming it might be similar to the RDB series. Honestly I love everything I've heard from Rhapsodio, so I hopped on this new offering perhaps somewhat hastily but I don't regret it. I hope I get it soon!

If you want more information on the configuration of it, you can always contact @Solarsammy and ask. Either way, I'm looking forward to another beautiful, musical IEM from the mastermind of Rhapsodio. The RDB mk4 still remains one of my favorite IEMs of all time. I guess you could say I'm a fan boy :)

-Collin-

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #1,160 of 2,203
Rhapsodio thread is quiet lately. Surprised no one noticed Sammy's new creation on Facebook:

My pair will be here early next week :)

-Collin-
whats this iem

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #1,162 of 2,203
He won't say, but judging by the hole close to the nozzle it could be a hybrid :)
that is new to me, is it an iem that will be released to the public

Aug 30, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #1,164 of 2,203
By "he" I assume you mean Sammy? I'm certainly not trying to build any hype, I just genuinely don't know what the official name of the IEM is! It was just delivered today and I should be able to give it a listen in a few hours. I'll report back with some photos and first impressions. I took a chance being one of the first buyers on this new IEM, so let's hope it pays off! This isn't a review sample or anything, I just have faith in Rhapsodio and love each of them IEMs.

-Collin-

Aug 30, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #1,165 of 2,203
By "he" I assume you mean Sammy? I'm certainly not trying to build any hype, I just genuinely don't know what the official name of the IEM is! It was just delivered today and I should be able to give it a listen in a few hours. I'll report back with some photos and first impressions. I took a chance being one of the first buyers on this new IEM, so let's hope it pays off! This isn't a review sample or anything, I just have faith in Rhapsodio and love each of them IEMs.

-Collin-
Interesting :thinking:

If it's a hybrid, then the signature might change after burn-in. Have you asked Sammy about that?
Very curious how it will sound, also compared to the other Rhapsodio iems that you've heard.

Btw, still love my Solars over here...

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #1,167 of 2,203
Interesting :thinking:

If it's a hybrid, then the signature might change after burn-in. Have you asked Sammy about that?
Very curious how it will sound, also compared to the other Rhapsodio iems that you've heard.

Btw, still love my Solars over here...

Love my Solars too - they're easily in my top three. I'll ask Sammy about the burn-in, but everyone knows burn-in is fake news my friend :) (lol)

Yes, I meant Sammy but I didn't mean hype in a negative way, maybe excitement would have been a better word. I am looking forward to your impressions :)

Haha no worries. I asked Sammy to post some details here if/when he can. Hopefully these IEMs make it up on the website soon. But keep an eye on Facebook too.

-Collin-

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #1,168 of 2,203
Super super super super early impressions, but wow these are fun. Substantial mid-bass punch, very full mids and exciting treble extension. They're a bit similar to the RDB mk4, but nowhere near as dark and overall more balanced. Yet, they seem to have every bit as much bass slam and just overall sound more "full" for lack of a better word. Will report back, along with some photos in the morning. My wife has just informed me that it's time to change a diaper, so I'm out of commission for a bit :)

@flinkenick put these on the list for 2018 shootout, LOL! They're your type of sound :ksc75smile:

-Collin-

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #1,169 of 2,203
Super super super super early impressions, but wow these are fun. Substantial mid-bass punch, very full mids and exciting treble extension. They're a bit similar to the RDB mk4, but nowhere near as dark and overall more balanced. Yet, they seem to have every bit as much bass slam and just overall sound more "full" for lack of a better word. Will report back, along with some photos in the morning. My wife has just informed me that it's time to change a diaper, so I'm out of commission for a bit :)

@flinkenick put these on the list for 2018 shootout, LOL! They're your type of sound :ksc75smile:

-Collin-
I know it's early in the listening...I'd love to know what other hybrids you have/have had ...and how they compare.

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #1,170 of 2,203
I know it's early in the listening...I'd love to know what other hybrids you have/have had ...and how they compare.

Off the top of my head: LZ A4, MusicMaker SW3, Sony XBA-Z5, Rhapsodio RDB mk4, DQSM D2, AKG K3003, T-Peos Altone 200, Dunu DN-2000J, to name a few.

This is the best so far. I'll continue listening and report back soon!

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back