Rhapsodio thread
Sep 17, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,186 of 2,203
It seems my head-fi notifications are broken. Sorry @ExpiredLabel !

Okay so honestly, I love these IEMs. I sound like a broken record because I loved the RDB mk4 and wrote a five star review for them, but these are better in every way (and they should be for twice the price). I've had a lot of time with them now and something that stands out is the prominent mid-bass. I love it, but it's something to be aware of. They have fantastic sub-bass rumble down low in the frequencies, but the mid-bass gives them a signature that is different than I have heard in the past. Mid-range is lush, neutral-ish and pleasant and treble is definitely detailed, but you won't hear any sibilance. For me, these are as close to a perfect tuning as you can get. I've been listening to mostly pop, electronic and modern stuff, but damn they are just so fun. Take for example: "Lose Yourself to Dance" by Daft Punk, the intro feels like there's a subwoofer planted in each ear, but the drum notes are crystal clear. Man I just love these things.

To answer your question: I really like the pairing with the RSD Silver mk3. Given the signature of these, and I'll go against the grain here, I still prefer a pure silver cable. I wouldn't pair these with a copper or the RSD Golden (mk3 is what I have) because I want the cable to provide maximum transparency. To me, with the RSD Silver mk3 they are perfect.

Re: the Solar, well I love the Solar too. If I'm judging the Solar on their own, I love them to death. But, when you get a taste of that massive dynamic driver bass married to 8 BA drivers, I don't think it competes in the same league. I love these things.

Sorry for your wallets...

-Collin-

P.S. In between changing diapers, I will try to post some real-world photos. If I forget or you don't hear from me, feel free to harass me via PM.

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #1,188 of 2,203

Okay so honestly, I love these IEMs. I sound like a broken record because I loved the RDB mk4 and wrote a five star review for them, but these are better in every way (and they should be for twice the price). I've had a lot of time with them now and something that stands out is the prominent mid-bass. I love it, but it's something to be aware of. They have fantastic sub-bass rumble down low in the frequencies, but the mid-bass gives them a signature that is different than I have heard in the past. Mid-range is lush, neutral-ish and pleasant and treble is definitely detailed, but you won't hear any sibilance. For me, these are as close to a perfect tuning as you can get. I've been listening to mostly pop, electronic and modern stuff, but damn they are just so fun. Take for example: "Lose Yourself to Dance" by Daft Punk, the intro feels like there's a subwoofer planted in each ear, but the drum notes are crystal clear. Man I just love these things.

To answer your question: I really like the pairing with the RSD Silver mk3. Given the signature of these, and I'll go against the grain here, I still prefer a pure silver cable. I wouldn't pair these with a copper or the RSD Golden (mk3 is what I have) because I want the cable to provide maximum transparency. To me, with the RSD Silver mk3 they are perfect.

Re: the Solar, well I love the Solar too. If I'm judging the Solar on their own, I love them to death. But, when you get a taste of that massive dynamic driver bass married to 8 BA drivers, I don't think it competes in the same league. I love these things.

-Collin-

P.S. In between changing diapers, I will try to post some real-world photos. If I forget or you don't hear from me, feel free to harass me via PM.
Would you say these have more of a V-shaped signature or a bit more balanced? wondering about vocals on them.

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,190 of 2,203

-Collin-

Hi Collin, thanks for the write up. Do you have any other iems you could compare them to? And how are electric guitars on them? :)

Thanks

Oct 17, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #1,191 of 2,203
Been awhile since I've last posted here. I've never thought of cable-rolling with my Galaxy V2 but today I brought the PW No.5 with me so why not.

Rig: WM1A > PW Audio No.5 > Galaxy v2
Albums: John Mayer - Born and Raised, Lana Del Rey - Born to Die, Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

The V2 is known to have luscious bass, superb clarity and reference-grade treble, but its drawbacks are the relatively thin mids and a 5Hz peak which can sound harsh.

The No.5 cable did wonders for my Oriolus, and here I can report a similar effect to the V2. Compared to the Rhapsodio Dark Knight cable, No.5 introduces a more organic signature, with gentler note roll-off and edges. The bass, which has a fantastic balance between subbass and midbass, attack and decay, benefits with a touch more smoothness but loses none of the slam and impact. Bass still pretty much moves air expertly. The mids benefit most from the cable. The vocals and instruments (acoustic guitar, piano) has a more vivid realism to it, instead of the resolute, reference-oriented original V2 sound. Female vocals especially, pop out. Notes linger longer and adds a little richness to the notes, a welcome change indeed. I wish I can say the cable tames the 5Hz peak and smoothens out the treble as well, but then there's only so much a cable can do. Treble detail and resolution remains top-notch, and the V2 is more than capable of exposing flaws in the recordings. Overall though, a good experiment. I like the slight organic tone brought on by the cable switch.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #1,192 of 2,203
what will be the price of RDK MK 8

also is there a galaxy v3 any info and comparisons

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #1,195 of 2,203

-Collin-

Thanks for review! Could you tell about Rhapsodio Infinity?

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #1,199 of 2,203
Nov 17, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #1,200 of 2,203

Users who are viewing this thread

Back