Mar 4, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #1,069 of 2,203
I am doing new toys for the show.

Old toys good as well 
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #1,070 of 2,203
FYI in case any of you haven't seen it:

Rhapsodio Planar Extreme IEM

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #1,072 of 2,203
I know nothing other than what's posted there.   Whoever gets to go to Canjam should take a listen!

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #1,073 of 2,203
Says only 5 of them will be sold.

Mar 6, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #1,074 of 2,203
Hi Friends,

I bought the RSD SG2.98 for sale in the classifieds and had a question: does anyone know if it has memory wire that I could bend the other way? Planning to use it with my S-EM6 and S-EM9 which have reversed polarity and I just wanted to know if I could make it work. 

Thank you for any info!

-Collin-

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #1,075 of 2,203
  what's inside? hybrid?

Sammy was working on a planar IEM. A few listened to the prototype in Singapore last year (circa March 2016) and said it sounded great. This is the first time I've heard of it since.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #1,076 of 2,203
  Hi Friends,

I bought the RSD SG2.98 for sale in the classifieds and had a question: does anyone know if it has memory wire that I could bend the other way? Planning to use it with my S-EM6 and S-EM9 which have reversed polarity and I just wanted to know if I could make it work. 

Thank you for any info!

-Collin-

It does not have a memory cable. But it has a tubing that provides the over-the-ear curve. So, it may not be possible to reverse it.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #1,078 of 2,203
I think it's a good idea to reverse the polarity at the 3.5mm plug and not at the pins, it's easier to solder the plug than the pins.
It avoids damaging the cable, and if you don't have the tools/skills, pay someone to do it. It's a great cable.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,080 of 2,203

It does not have a memory cable. But it has a tubing that provides the over-the-ear curve. So, it may not be possible to reverse it.

Thanks, this is super helpful (although not the news I was hoping for lol). 

You still can, just carefully cut the clear tubing:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

I think I'm going to stay clear of that route. Even used on the classifieds this is definitely my most expensive cable haha. 

I think it's a good idea to reverse the polarity at the 3.5mm plug and not at the pins, it's easier to solder the plug than the pins.
It avoids damaging the cable, and if you don't have the tools/skills, pay someone to do it. It's a great cable.

This sounds like a good idea. I just had Brian at BTG-Audio make a few cables for me, maybe he could do a simple repair like this for me and he is local. 

actually you can. use a lighter.. or maybe safer a hair dryer.. apply heat.. and bend it while still hot. :fire:

I have terrible luck with these things haha. I think I will leave it alone and possibly re-terminate at the 3.5mm end. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back