Rhapsodio thread
Aug 3, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #586 of 2,203
Hi guys

I was busy at July. Because I design a lot of accessories for our upgrade cables.

I hope we can keep evolution.

Nice => pictures to follow?

Just wondered: what's the difference (regarding material and signature) between the Luna MK2 and the Pandora AG Luna cable?

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #587 of 2,203
Hi all cable lovers,

I am a novice headfi hobbyist..i started my headfi joirney only 6months ago. So please forgive my lack of sophisticated taste in music or wordsbthat describe the sound quality.

My rhapsodio golden silver copper alloy cable has arrived 3 days ago and i have been enjoying it from day one. I gave my word to sammy of rhapsodio that i will write an honest impression of his cable.

My source is only my iphone 6s and galaxy s6. Most files are cd rip..or aac itunes. If i am not wrong it is 16bit 44.1khz at most...but i intend to move up to ak300 or onkyo dpx1(any recommendations welcome)

My iem is jvc ha fx1200 with mmcx connector. My amplifier is oppo ha2. And vorzuge pure II+.

My music pref is mainly vocal edm.
Pop, modern rock, acoustics covers, jazz and movie ochestra soundtracks.

My brief experience experience with cables before the golden has only been with whiplash copper cable. And yes they do make a difference in the sonic deliverance of our respective iems.

This impression is comparing with stock cable, Using my iphone 6s and vorzuge pure amp.

Bass
Golden brings a deeper layer of sub bass out to the open. Overall 10% improvement in bass region. There giving a sense of deeper sound stage. Jvc fx1200 already has incredible bass performance as is.. with great impact and slam. Golden does not increase impact in bass..but bass slightly better roundness and clarity and reaches deeper.

Midrange
Male and female vocals gain a significant bump in richness and thickness of tone. 20% approx more reverb and air in vocals. All the breaths when singer changes speed of tune is better rendered, throat movements can be heard and even felt when the singer strains to compresses throat muscles to let loose a high note. Sonic delivery Instruments within the midrange also have very thick tone..lots of air..gives me goosebumps..Midrange is the truly the speciality of the golden. Many notes within midrange were heard with stock cable..but with the golden, they are FELT.

Treble
Treble tone is largely unchanged. But golden brings better control than stock cable. Less harsh. Smoother and more resolved. Maybe just more comfy to listen to for longer periods of time. 5% improvement.

Various Songs from artists. Boyce avenue, flamenco guitar masters, alesso, kygo, cash2, ariana grande, celine dion, tyler ward

Build quality
Those thick gold wires are super cool. Very attention grabbing when in public. However build quality of the splitters and jack, especially the casing could be better. Just a few rough finishes.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #588 of 2,203
Absolutely gorgeous thick gold wires.
The black and gold theme with connector and splitter isbalso very appealing.

I would like to say the sammy provided me top notch customer service. Very polite and responsive. From date of purchase only took 10 days to reach me. Thats HK to indonesia.

Thanks sammy for a great product..thanks nic for a superb recommendation.

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #589 of 2,203
Absolutely gorgeous thick gold wires.
The black and gold theme with connector and splitter isbalso very appealing.

I would like to say the sammy provided me top notch customer service. Very polite and responsive. From date of purchase only took 10 days to reach me. Thats HK to indonesia.

Thanks sammy for a great product..thanks nic for a superb recommendation.

Save up for the Solar, I have a feeling you'll love the bass performance of those.

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #591 of 2,203
I know you've been waiting with bated breath, so here is my Solar Review. I held my review ransom until Sammy got around to sending me the balanced 2.5mm TRRS cable I originally ordered. :cool:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rhapsodio-solar/reviews/16581

Important exert, comparing Solar with Angie:

Jerry Harvey’s Angie has been my closest companion for so long now. She sings with a voice I fell in love with upon first hearing it. Even after weeks and weeks with nothing but Solar in my ears, when I come back to Angie, I don’t know which I like more. Each does a couple of things better than the other.

My preference is to keep Angie’s bass attenuators at 2:30, giving her a warm, bassy profile, without losing detail or air.

Although Solar has two drivers more than Angie, note thickness and weight are about the same, both much fuller than the IM03. Angie is capable of nearly the same volume of bass, but Solar reaches deeper into the sub bass and the lows come off fuller and richer because of it. Amazingly, Solar also possesses FAR greater air in the presentation. Even when I turned Angie’s pots all the way down, Solar sounded brighter, with a better sense of space and atmosphere. This is likely due to Solar’s outstanding treble. I’ve always praised Angie for having clean, well-extended highs, but Solar adds some real sparkle to its top frequencies, and that makes a world of difference here. It brightens the stage up, revealing details Angie might miss.

So you may think by the above paragraph that I clearly favor Solar, but as I’ve said, it’s not quite so easy for me. Angie is smoother and lusher. Probably owing to its lack of sparkle. Every detail is not highlighted, rendering a more forgiving melody. Angie is not dull or muddy. FAR FROM IT. Though compared to Solar, she’s certainly the easier, more euphoric monitor. She pours honey in my ears and I love her for it.

I planned to sell off Angie when the Rhapsodio Custom came in, but I’m not sure I can do that. Her size really is a detriment, but if I don’t have to use her as my every day carry, maybe I can keep her around for the occasional sexy fun time when I lust for that old honey again.

Aug 14, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #594 of 2,203
Got my Rhapsodio Solar a few days ago :). So just a few first impressions.

They are rather big for my ears but nevertheless the fit and comfort is 100 %. I don't think I would get a better fit with customs. The Solar is one of the most comfortable iems I have ever tried :blush:. Its on the same level as the Oriveti Primacy.

The bass. I think all reviews praise the bass so I was prepared and then not! I have a pair of 64 audio U8. With the S1 module the U8 have more quantity bass but not quality. At least not to my ears. The bass just scales with the music without ever getting boomy, deep and hard hitting :thumbsup:. Note, the U8 is not bad in any way, I like it, the Solar is just better!

Overall the Solar is a fantastic iem and I think I understand the term TOTL now :).

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #596 of 2,203
  Does anyone know a good DAP that pairs with the Galaxy? I just got my Galaxy off the forums but my AK100ii just doesn't seem to pair well. Im hoping I won't have to sell/trade the IEM for a Solar in the future LOL

I am using the Galaxy with Chord Mojo + old Samsung S3 Android phone (OTG to Mojo).  It is not really a standalone DAP, but it is definitely powerful enough to bring the best out of the Galaxy.

For your consideration...

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #597 of 2,203

I'll look into that! Thanks a lot 
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #598 of 2,203
  Does anyone know a good DAP that pairs with the Galaxy? I just got my Galaxy off the forums but my AK100ii just doesn't seem to pair well. Im hoping I won't have to sell/trade the IEM for a Solar in the future LOL

Thanks to the Galaxy I have discovered new qualities to my Calyx M. I am quite a fan of the Galaxy and I would argue that looking for the right pairing for your ears is the right way to go. I do not know if you have tried "a" Solar, but Sammy who I have known for a few years and who has always been very kind with me trying his diverse creations clearly stated that I would definitely prefer the Galaxy. (Now that's a long sentence). FWIW although I quite like the aesthetics of the AKs I didn't like their various sound signatures (although I really wanted to). Good luck!

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #599 of 2,203
  Thanks to the Galaxy I have discovered new qualities to my Calyx M. I am quite a fan of the Galaxy and I would argue that looking for the right pairing for your ears is the right way to go. I do not know if you have tried "a" Solar, but Sammy who I have known for a few years and who has always been very kind with me trying his diverse creations clearly stated that I would definitely prefer the Galaxy. (Now that's a long sentence). FWIW although I quite like the aesthetics of the AKs I didn't like their various sound signatures (although I really wanted to). Good luck!

Had to sell both the Galaxy and the AK player
frown.gif
 The duo didn't pair well togeether and I had nothing else on hand. Instead, I may put the funds toward a new set of Solars. That or the Angie 2 
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #600 of 2,203
Had to sell both the Galaxy and the AK player :frowning2:  The duo didn't pair well togeether and I had nothing else on hand. Instead, I may put the funds toward a new set of Solars. That or the Angie 2 :D  

Galaxy needs a powerful source. You could save up again, buy a new pair of galaxy and get a powerful source / dac amp which can be used with your phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back