Rhapsodio thread
Jul 11, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #556 of 2,203
lol. Thanks for your reply sir. Have to find a way to convince my wife, since buying a Solar is a huge investment to me.

The way I see it, you have to find her something very special as well, maybe find out what she needs, and give her a surprise present at the time of ordering. If all else fails they make perfect earplugs to block out external noise, and complaining wives. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

The Solar CIEM is the most comfortable custom in my collection. Even better fit than the big CIEM companies. Slide right in and forget.

Great to hear the custom version are so comfortable. I would seriously consider sending back the Universal's Solar to convert them back to customs, the problem I have is I don't have anything in my mid tier IEM collection that would keep me happy.

The universal fit solar for me are so comfy. I leave them in all day, no problem's and no irritation with JVC spiral dot tips.

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #559 of 2,203
Hey everyone....Kind of an off topic question but it has to do with the little pelican type plastic case we get with the Solars? Does anyone know how to retie the nylon chord that's attached to it.
The black chord on the outside of the box. Mine unraveled and I have tried all my boy scout knots and I can't seem to get it correct. Any direction or help would be appreciated!!

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #561 of 2,203
Hi boss, can you or anyone else share photos of how your solar ciem fits in your ears?

I'll take one when I get home from work today.

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #562 of 2,203

Jul 13, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #564 of 2,203
Jul 16, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #568 of 2,203
What cable/metal composition reveals Solar at it's best?

*Copper
*Silver
*Hybrid copper/silver?

I have the stock and silver. The silver offers the best presentation imo.

Jul 18, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #569 of 2,203
  What cable/metal composition reveals Solar at it's best?

*Copper
*Silver
*Hybrid copper/silver?

Due to its powerful bass, the Solar is a very full and warm sounding monitor. Its mid-bass gives power and size to the presentation, but also a great deal of warmth that reduces its overall airiness. However, since it has good stage proportions and precise imaging, its separation and instrument localisation is very good, despite its thick notes. Because of its warmth, the Solar can handle brighter/leaner sounding cables very well, and these can aid in its overall clarity, airiness and resolution. A good pairing can combine that trademark full sound with better definition. In this case, I would recommend a silver (alloy) cable. Hybrids usually tend to create a more spacious and airy stage, but tend to lack that final bit of definition or clarity for my taste. Of course this is over generalising and only based on the ones I've had, but I personally generally don't tend to prefer them. 

As anyone here might know, when it comes to cables I believe Rhapsodio offers above average performance compared to more popular manufacturers. This is because Sammy experiments non-stop with new designs and like me, his highest priority is resolution. I will recap a few cables.

RSD Golden
The Golden is one of my top two favourite cables along with the SilverFi IEM-R2. Its strange magic is that it has a bit of an artificially brightened midrange which might not be completely natural, but adds liveliness and clarity to the music. However, it is also a bit warm, and creates rather thick notes so it is also very full sounding. This combination is very special, and truly unique. I like it for music like pop and edm or just generally lively and upbeat music. The resonance of acoustic guitars is also beautiful, and very transparent and clear. Resolution is good but not a top performer like the Wizard OCC or even 2.98. However, due to the brighter midrange it does offer more detail with already highly resolving iems. Both tonally and technically, I consider it somewhat of a cable equivalent to the K10. It does have matching requirements, and doesn't work well with very warm iems like the Solar, but more so for the S-EM9, Aether or Zeus. 

RSD Luna Pure Silver
The Luna is Rhapsodio's variant of a standard silver cable, like the Whiplash twag, DHC silver litz, Toxic Silver Widow etc. It is a clear sounding cable with good resolution, and it has a pleasant warmth that makes it easy to listen to. It it is neither bright or cold, or overly warm. It is a solid allround, easy to pair upgrade cable that will please most listeners. The tradeoff for its easy sound, is that it is not as highly resolving as the 2.98 or Silver Litz, nor as clean as the Silver Litz. 

RSD Silver Litz
The Silver Litz has tight bass, and a very clean stage. It has a leaner lower midrange, and overall slightly less thick notes. Both separation and resolution are however very good, well above average. But on the other hand it is pretty cold, and one preferring warmth might miss that a bit especially when paired with a brighter iem. So it is a technically highly capable and detailed sound, though on the colder side. Due to its warm sound, the Solar handles it well.

RSD 2.98 silver/gold
The 2.98 has slightly enhanced but highly resolving mid-bass. It is an inherently warm cable and because of that its stage is not very airy, but it is a technically very good cable: its bass and midrange resolution is very good, and its treble is articulate. It has thick notes and is very full-sounding. On the other hand, due to its warmth its not a an overly clear or sparkly sounding cable. People preferring more apparent clarity might prefer a brighter cable. Despite its warmth it works well with both warm and cold iems. It is my favourite pairing with the Solar, and is currently connected to Aether. I think the 2.98 8-braid would complete my top 3. It remains a sort of go-to cable that always seems to work well with iems, with good midrange resolution and a natural sound.

RSD Wizard OCC
As a copper, the Wizard has a warm bass response giving it an overall warm sound from the mid-bass, rather than inherently warm concerning its tonality. It has a very clean sound, and till date one of the highest resolution cables I've heard. Despite its warm and slightly darker sound, its tonal focus shifts slightly toward the treble, the midrange is not particularly thick or forward. Due to its excellent resolution it works well with the Solar, but it is tonally a bit too warm and dark together.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back