Rhapsodio thread
Mar 11, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #61 of 2,203
I think what everyone isn't seeing is that Ozzie is relating his expression at the point of time of finding out his problems. He isn't happy not at Sammy specifically but at the situation he's been put in. He is without his Solar's enjoyment. And if he needs to send it to Sammy for repair, he will have downtime which is also a bummer. Wata also experienced that with his K10 when it was away.
At least that's how I see it

Exactly right. And I'm sure it's a connector issue - either at the pins or base. Obviously I was hyperbolising by saying my 'Solars have broken'. But it was a neat headline and got a response :wink:

But however common this problem is, and however sensitive these elements can be, it doesn't compensate for the disappointment you feel when it happens and how unrobust it makes the product seem. Especially after so little playing time and careful handling. And of course the investment.

I'm not so sure it isn't at the base plug point. I'm not a lover of straight out plugs and prefer L shaped connectors. This has happened to me before on cheaper iems with straight out plugs. Didn't quite expect it here so soon with such a beast of a cable is all I'm sayin'

Sorry to mess up the shiny new thread and Sammy/Rhap love-in :)

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #62 of 2,203
Exactly right. And I'm sure it's a connector issue - either at the pins or base. Obviously I was hyperbolising by saying my 'Solars have broken'. But it was a neat headline and got a response :wink:

But however common this problem is, and however sensitive these elements can be, it doesn't compensate for the disappointment you feel when it happens and how unrobust it makes the product seem. Especially after so little playing time and careful handling. And of course the investment.

I'm not so sure it isn't at the base plug point. I'm not a lover of straight out plugs and prefer L shaped connectors. This has happened to me before on cheaper iems with straight out plugs. Didn't quite expect it here so soon with such a beast of a cable is all I'm sayin'

Lay off the "juice".

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #63 of 2,203
The cables are easy to damage and have only a small area, to hold a very small wire to the point of connection.

Also over time if you have a small amount of force on these connectors it will add up and stress them out, and they will break.
I have broken the wire at the plug several times, due to human error, and am lucky I am able to fix it, however it really hurts when it happens, I know this feeling. It's the feeling of loss.:cry:

However, I am sure this can be repaired easily by Sammy. And it is very very handy to have a spare cable ready.
The great news is that very high quality made in uk,female connectors have been used on the Solar them selves, which should bring many years of hassle free music. Maybe buy another cheap cable, to keep you going, while you send the cable back.

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #64 of 2,203
  "It's my first time, please be gentle"  
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rhapsodio-galaxy/reviews/15467

very nice review

ps : sammy , ''the magician'' 
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #65 of 2,203

What was the reason for closing the other thread and starting this one?

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #69 of 2,203

What was the reason for closing the other thread and starting this one?

Nic will tell you. Think it needed a fresh start as it was a weak and outdated headline and got off rather badly too. 

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #70 of 2,203
The cables are easy to damage and have only a small area, to hold a very small wire to the point of connection.

Also over time if you have a small amount of force on these connectors it will add up and stress them out, and they will break.
I have broken the wire at the plug several times, due to human error, and am lucky I am able to fix it, however it really hurts when it happens, I know this feeling. It's the feeling of loss.:cry:

However, I am sure this can be repaired easily by Sammy. And it is very very handy to have a spare cable ready.
The great news is that very high quality made in uk,female connectors have been used on the Solar them selves, which should bring many years of hassle free music. Maybe buy another cheap cable, to keep you going, while you send the cable back.

Yes he's sending me another. Get a replacement/reserve? Not yet...I shall continue to bask the sauna of my Harmonys  
atsmile.gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #71 of 2,203
  Yes he's sending me another. Get a replacement/reserve? Not yet...I shall continue to bask the sauna of my Harmonys  
atsmile.gif

Continuing the stellar support Sammy provides his customers and IEMs.

For what it's worth, I've also had my Solars for a couple months now ( just like ozziecook ). And I find the build quality very good. And the sound even better 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #72 of 2,203
Good stuff. Galaxy is technically brilliant without straying too much into harsh and analytical territory. I'm finding it hard to pick fault myself. End game IEM for me.

galaxy seems like my kind of sound , but i can not justify spending 1600$ yet

hopefully @flinkenick will sell his galaxy some months later for something like 600$ (he always sells at fantastic prices) 
gs1000.gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #75 of 2,203
Solar + RSD Silver Litz + Mojo = :D

I have blown through a lot of gear in the last couple of years; headphones, DACs, amps... This would be a shortcut to an endgame musical setup.

After listening to 'reference' monitors exclusively for a while, I had forgotten just how flipping gorgeous music can sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back