Rhapsodio thread
Mar 8, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #32 of 2,203
  On the Solar? 
Isolation depends on the tip. Pretty good with Spiral Dots and even better with Complys. Just push deep in (ooo madam!)
Fit is good but SQ does depend on how well you fit them in. 
In fact I find the Solars have a very temperamental SQ and it varies quite a bit...

I found the opposite ozzie, the fit for me is superior with the spiral dots vs the complys.

Guys, if you're having problems with fit/isolation with either Solar or Galaxy, please try the JVC spiral dots before you decide to sell them.   I could not get any of the stock tips to get a good seal, and tried the spiral dots on the advice of a few members in the old thread.   Viola!  Problem solved. (YMMV of course)

FYI, if you're willing to pay a few dollars more (seriously, at Solar or Galaxy price point, what's a few dollars?), Amazon stocks the JVC's and you'll get them in a few days versus over 2 weeks from eBay.

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #34 of 2,203
Hi. Guys

This is RSD Golden. It is very beautiful cable.

Looks fabulous. And stiff. :wink:

Thanks for the lovely conversation on Facebook just now. Sad news about Pinky being still on the waiting list. But good to know about all the exciting things happening at Rhapsodio HQ.

Congratulations.
:beerchug:

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #35 of 2,203
You will be very pleased with Solar pinky, they are worth the wait. What a really great looking and sounding iem they are.

They add life to my music, with a great resolution, and a full range of timbres, and to me are tonally excellent. Right on that sweet spot the way they have been tuned.

The silver spec's Solar look very classy Mimouille. Nice.

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #36 of 2,203
Moving my Solars in... Sammy came up with this idea for fun - A pair of separated shielded OCC cables for Pono Player in balanced mode, looks stupid but sounds great
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sure it will sound superb!
smily_headphones1.gif

Pono is a great (underpriced / underestimated) dap imo.

Btw, old pic. Nowadays I have the RSD SG2.98 (instead of the Toxic SW) on my RDB Mk4
Silver RSD Luna moved to Solar...

When I use my XBA-Z5 in balanced mode from Pono, the improvement in sq is clearly there over single ended listening!

The silver spec's Solar look very classy Mimouille. Nice.

That one was vhsownsbeta's
biggrin.gif

Mim sold his Solar to get the Galaxy

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #37 of 2,203
I'm sure it will sound superb! :)

Pono is a great (underpriced / underestimated) dap imo.
[ RDB Mk4

That one was vhsownsbeta's :D
Mim sold his Solar to get the Galaxy

Yeah right, he has good taste, I think one gold spec Solar on the right, and a silver on the left would be a nice looker as well.

Give you a clear guide for left and right iem as well.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #38 of 2,203
  I found the opposite ozzie, the fit for me is superior with the spiral dots vs the complys.

Guys, if you're having problems with fit/isolation with either Solar or Galaxy, please try the JVC spiral dots before you decide to sell them.   I could not get any of the stock tips to get a good seal, and tried the spiral dots on the advice of a few members in the old thread.   Viola!  Problem solved. (YMMV of course)

FYI, if you're willing to pay a few dollars more (seriously, at Solar or Galaxy price point, what's a few dollars?), Amazon stocks the JVC's and you'll get them in a few days versus over 2 weeks from eBay.

Just to be clear, I said I found the ISOLATION to be marginally better on the complys...not the fit. The fit, or 'comfort', is another matter entirely. Up to the user to discover and insert properly...but both are fine.
Most important thing is - find the right SIZE for you and try.
Yes, I am using the spiral dots more myself now for what it's worth.

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #39 of 2,203
Yeah right, he has good taste, I think one gold spec Solar on the right, and a silver on the left would be a nice looker as well.

Give you a clear guide for left and right iem as well.

EXACTLY. Had I known there were silver flakes I'd do that. Looks magnificent.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #40 of 2,203
EXACTLY. Had I known there were silver flakes I'd do that. Looks magnificent.

I would have chosen it over the silver criss cross pattern as well, I think there needs to be a page where all the art possibility's can be seen at once.

The problem I had was I liked to many designs, and couldn't make my mind up.

Even after I gave the go ahead with my decision. And of coarse it's too late once you do this, so think carefully before locking in your choice.
:upside_down:

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #41 of 2,203
Just to be clear, I said I found the ISOLATION to be marginally better on the complys...not the fit. The fit, or 'comfort', is another matter entirely. Up to the user to discover and insert properly...but both are fine.
Most important thing is - find the right SIZE for you and try.
Yes, I am using the spiral dots more myself now for what it's worth.

Apologies, meant to say both were superior for me

Mar 10, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #45 of 2,203
I have an inner struggle.

To go custom, or not to go custom...

How's the isolation and fit on the Uni?

Regarding the Uni ...

For me isolation is better with foam tips, say Comply Comfort 500s. And not as isolating with the silicone tips I use. Both kinds have a wide bore, which I like ( doesn't hang over the nozzle ).

Having said that, I prefer the silicone tips anyway because the foamies seem to darken the sound too much for me. YMMV.

My silicone tips used to come standard with the Solars, but Sammy ran out of supply when I ordered. I got them from here and here instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back